Shelbyville at Oak Ridge

basketballfan2003

85, I think they won by 7 over FC but they have not had two games in a row in weeks with their best 5 available to play. They are getting better, even though they lost to Oakridge tonight at their place by 7 again. Again, they were short handed with one at about half speed recoverying from the flu and another from also being sick. Of course this is a rebuilding year, but they are doing it and I am serious when I say they will be in the region. thumb

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we get stats on this game before they close it. :lol:

I want to see how certain girls did tonight.

;) Guys you both have good programs. 85 there is nothing wrong with you telling us who you are going to beat as long as you back it up. Shelbyville has not done so well Now.

I'm sure Flemtone is thinking the girls at Shelbyville will get their act together so he keeps promoteing them which any good fan/supporter would do. But Right now his girls just can not get it going Yet.

The jury is still out on if Shelbyville will make it of the district. I have watch them practice and if they would do what Coach says they can get better but still making little mistakes. :lol:

thumb

I know comparative scores don't always mean alot, but chew on this ...

Oak Ridge beats Shelbyville tonight ...

Maryville beat Oak Ridge earlier this week ...

William Blount beat Maryville last Friday ...

Heritage absolutely demolished William Blount this evening.

Could be the year of the Lady Mountaineers ???

There is no better player in the state than Cait McMahan. People are welcome to debate, but if you had watched her tonight, you'd know I speak truth.

I know comparative scores don't always mean alot, but chew on this ...

Could be the year of the Lady Mountaineers ???

YES! This could be the year Heritage wins State

Oak Ridge has now won four in a row against Shelbyville.

Best of luck to both OR and SCHS the rest of the season.

...Team Lady Wildcats, you did GREAT tonight!

YES! This could be the year Heritage wins State

Oak Ridge has now won four in a row against Shelbyville.

Best of luck to both OR and SCHS the rest of the season.

...Team Lady Wildcats, you did GREAT tonight!

825488947[/snapback]

You have to realize, atleast for now, Shelbyville is way down. probably not even in the top 2 or 3 of their district. so you can't put that much emphasize on beating them now. it will be different at tourney time i'm sure, but there are 3 or 4 better, much better teams in the region

Right now, Oak Ridge is not in the top 3 of their Region either. The Lady Wildcats have been defeated by Maryville, Powell and Campbell County. You can probably go ahead and put Heritage ahead of OR as well. I really wasn't trying to put anything into last night's win over Shelbyville except that it was number four in a row. I think we all know that a win streak over Shelbyville is VERY HARD to do because they have one of the best programs in the country and deserve to be respected.

I wonder if Papa (Joe) will come on and give his take on the game?

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

I saw them play this week and they were impressive. Quick guards that pressure the ball and big people that can play. Frankly, I did not expect Shelbyville to be able to handle their pressure and I told Coach that. It would not be a game about shooting but about handling pressure. I thought they would have a better chance of beating Oakridge than Westlake, shows what I know. <_<

85, do you think WC will make to and even out of the region?  I say Shelbyville will not only make it to the region but will be in the substate?  What about that prediction? :huh:

825488751[/snapback]

Now I got to get in on this one. Shelbyville will "not" make it to Sectionals this year. Yes, they will make it to Region. But that is where it ends. I see Shelbyville comming out of their district as second or third place team. With that in mind their first round opponent in Region could be Oakland, Cookeville, or Riverdale. And I don't see Shelbyville beating any of those 3 teams.