Shelbyville at Oak Ridge

basketballfan2003

As always, the Shelbyville girls basketball games at Oak Ridge can be heard on ShelbyvileEaglettes.com. Tipoff for Shelbyville and Oak Ridge is 6:30pm CST on Friday and Shelbyville vs. Westlake, GA on Saturday at 1pm CST. Connecting to the game can begn 30 minutes prior to tipoff.

Just a few fun facts about the rivalry:

Either Shelbyville or Oak Ridge has been in the Class AAA State title game 19 of the last 21 years. These two teams have met six times in the state tournament including five times in the state championship.

Should make for a great game.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not herad much about Oak Ridge this year. Are they having a down year? If so with the way people are talking about Shelbyville this could be a tough game. It tough game because the two Coaches. Both have could national team I believe. Coach Jill did some this summer if I read right. I know I read it some where about Coach Insell.

With these two coaches Oak Ridge will have two nuclear place at the same time(Y12).

Not herad much aboutOak Ridgethis year.  Are they having a down year? 

If you simply go by their won/loss record, and too many people do, then Oak Ridge at 8 - 4 is having a down year.

I only follow the team by way of the Internet and haven't seen them play so my post should not be valued too highly :angry:

It seems to me the team is inconsistent which is consistent with a young team :unsure: They do have several impressive victories over Cookeville, Upperman, Cleveland, and Bradley Central that prove they can still be very dangerous. Only scoring 26 points in a loss to Powell shows that they have to rely heavily on Keke Stewart to stay in games.

I'm very excited about the season and look forward to seeing how much the Lady Wildcats improve as the season rolls along. By the way, there was a nice article on senior player Collen McConnell in tonight's Oak Ridger.com.

Go Oak Ridge! Make it four in a row over Shelbyville.

Guess this will close this topic too but here goes anyway.  85, do you think WC is ready for some of Shelbyville, remember they are all but helpless this year? :lol:

825488732[/snapback]

So I guess I can't even congratulate a team that beats Shelbyville? Well, 95 out of the 96 counties in this state are glad they got beat and that includes me.

Unlike you with Shelbyville, I have never bragged on White Co. this year about who they can and who they can't beat, but I think they could give Shelbyville all they wanted right now. They are a better team than you think. :lol:

85, do you think WC will make to and even out of the region?  I say Shelbyville will not only make it to the region but will be in the substate?  What about that prediction? :lol:

825488751[/snapback]

I think Shelbyville will NOT make it out of the Region. If White Co. steps it up just a little they will have a chance, but not right now. They have won 3 in a row and are playing a little better at the moment. Didn't Shelbyville struggle to beat Franklin Co. by 5? They won't get out of the region.