Alcoa vs. Maryville

Rebelsman

I can't believe you guys haven't started this thread. Talk about the matchup tonight. The Maryville footballers have started pretty well. How about Duck and Brandon, are they ready? I wish I could be there. That should be a great post matchup between Brandon Warren and Gary Tucker.

I'm going to the Carson-Newman at LMU game to watch Andy.

Edited by Rebelsman

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Alcoa against Anderson County last night. I went in expecting to see some great basketball from Alcoa and was greatly dissappointed. I thought Anderson County was out athleted not outplayed. Warren was good but not spectacular, Lindsay was mediocre at best. The one thing they did bring was tremendous defensive pressure, which probably was AC's undoing. Maybe the best is yet to come and they just haven't adjusted from football to roundball. I don't know anything about Maryville, but I assume they have athletes. Probably will be a great game.

Edited by oskie

Hey there somedude.

I learned a long time ago to not about determination of one team, because more than likely you don't know diddly about the other team. Alcoa is ready, and has been ready for this game, every since conditioning started w/o the footballers.

I think that Brandon Warren and Dustin Lyndsey will be ready for tonight. Another forgotten footballer is Richeon Belle. He has already shown some tremendous potential at the PG position this year. Also look for Kyrus Lankster, a very quick defender, and excellent shooter from mid-range.

Also, you have Daniel Stubblefield and Justin Ridenour, two very good, solid basketball players, with very different styles. Daniel Stubblefield is a crazy threat from downtown, while Ridenour is a more physical, driving-type 3 guard.

There should be a very good matchup tonight, and I expect to see another close game. I don't know about Maryville's D, but I know that Alcoa's is absolutely ferocious. The way that Maryville handles it will be the X factor of the game. Look for the Marsh Pit to also make a difference.

Just to set the mood, let me remind you of last years games:

January 2, 2004. Alcoa @ Maryville. Tied 50-50 with 1.7 seconds on the clock. After a time out Alcoa sets up the play. They have to take the ball in under Maryville's goal, go the length of the court and score. No way, right? Brandon Warren tries to throw the ball the length of the court to Derrell Dean in the corner. He misses the throw so bad that the ball hits the Alcoa backboard and bounces back. A heady Nick Pasqua follows the ball, grabs it and shoots as he is falling sideways and makes the 20 foot shot as the buzzer sounds. Alcoa wins 52-50.

January 30, 2004. Maryville @ Alcoa. Alcoa 51 Maryville 50 with a few seconds on the clock. Tyler Gaskin misses a jump shot and Andy Tipton tips the ball, tips the ball, tips the ball and it goes in on the third tip as the buzzer sounds. Maryville wins 52-51.

Boys, it don't get no better than that.

Good luck to both teams!

Rebelsman

I'll be in Harrogate watching Carson-Newman vs LMU.

Edited by Rebelsman

REBELNATION LIVES AGAIN.... :unsure:

unapproved website

825488309[/snapback]

Nice site Nation it's pretty sweet.

The Marsh Pit is garbage, they will have zero impact on this game tonight. Every Alcoa vs. Maryville game I have been to, Alcoa has usually had a pretty lousy student section. The best I have seen in the county would probably be WB. They were standing up for the girls game...

Nice site Nation it's pretty sweet. 

The Marsh Pit is garbage, they will have zero impact on this game tonight.  Every Alcoa vs. Maryville game I have been to, Alcoa has usually had a pretty lousy student section.  The best I have seen in the county would probably be WB.  They were standing up for the girls game...

825488316[/snapback]

LOLOL...Willy B's student section is weak. Oh boy, they stood up for the girls game. We had about 30-40 students at their place last year, and we were still louder than them. We jump up and down before the game and while we're on defense, we have tons of creative chants, we're a ton better than Blounts students will ever be, they just like copying us.

LOLOL...Willy B's student section is weak.  Oh boy, they stood up for the girls game. We had about 30-40 students at their place last year, and we were still louder than them.  We jump up and down before the game and while we're on defense, we have tons of creative chants, we're a ton better than Blounts students will ever be, they just like copying us.

825488366[/snapback]

Haha ok. No one really cares who is copying who, this is about the Alcoa Maryville game not your great student section and your creative chants. Go post that somewhere where people care.

I was blown away by Gary Tucker the last couple of times I saw him play. I had no idea how good he is. The no-look over the shoulder pass against WB was sick! I'm looking forward to seeing him and BDub hook up tonight. That could be a nice little showdown in the paint.

Questions:

Who's going to check Trey Brewer?

Who's going to check Curtis Tate?