Prayers for McCrary Family

Gville80

Megan McCrary, a 2000 graduate of Beech High School who played basketball and softball for Beech, was tragically killed in an automobile accident Friday night after a 19-year-old drunk kid with no license ran a stop sign and flashing red light in Madison slammed into the car in which she was a passenger in. Obituary in The Tennessean this morning. Such a horrific tragedy to this beautiful girl and her family, especially here at Christmas. Family has set up a memorial fund in her name at 1st State Bank in Goodlettsville. Our deepest condolences and prayers from all in the Beech community. She will be terribly missed.

I once worked with a lady in Santa Clara, California who was wrecked by her drunk prom date .... only to recover, graduate from Stanford and then be hit by a drunk nurse, headed the wrong way on a one-way street in the early morning hours.

Her mother was quoted as saying, "They've Killed My Daughter, Twice." There was an article by that title in Readers Digest the following month of January of (I think) 1980.

I remember her name.... "Gail. I think her last name was Tietjen (spelling is questionable).

I think of her so often; and at this time of year; and especially when I hear of something like this.

We at Unaka have so many who have died very young (though not necessarily alcohol-related). Our trophy-case has so many dedications to those who have passed, way before we felt should be their time to go. On behalf of ALL Rangers and fans, Thoughts, Prayers, Love.

Kim Richardson

Megan Lindsay McCRARY

Goodlettsville

Age 22 years

December 17, 2004

old. Passed away Friday December 17, 2004 as a result of a tragic car accident. She is survived by parents, Jimmy and Debbie Ice McCrary; brothers, Luke, age 20, and Caleb, age 17, all of Goodlettsville, TN; grandparents, Jack Ice, Hendersonville, TN, Ann Ice, Howard and Anita McCrary, all of Goodlettsville, TN. Megan has spent all 22 years of her life in Goodlettsville, TN. She has attended Goodlettsville Elementary, T.W. Hunter Middle School and graduated in 2000 from Beech High School. Megan represented her school well. Megan participated in the BETA Club, National Honor Society, Jr. Civitan, Future Business Leaders of America and DECA. She was awarded the Student Athlete Merit Award, American Scholar and Who's Who Among American High School Students. Megan's passion in life and school was basketball, softball and her friends. Her softball team had the honor of representing Beech High School at the State Tournament in Chattanooga, TN all four years. Beech's Softball Team earned the State Championship Title in May of 1997 and earned runner-ups the following years. Megan wore her state championship ring with such pride and honor. Megan went on to receive a softball scholarship from Martin Methodist in Pulaski, TN. She played third base for them her freshman year. She transferred to MTSU her sophomore year and continued to be active in Softball by playing in the Intramural Leagues. Megan was due to graduate from MTSU in May 2005 with her Bachelor's Degree in Marketing. Her family and friends have been a vital part of her life. Megan will always be remembered for her endearing smile, quick wit, wonderful sense of humor, positive attitude and loyalty to her family and friends. She will always be in the hearts of those who love her. Rest in Peace sweet Megan. We Love You. The family will receive friends Monday, December 20th, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home. Funeral Services will be 10 a.m., Tuesday, December 21st, at the Goodlettsville Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 226 South Main St. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made in Megan's memory to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, 2424 Garland Ave., Nashville, TN 37212 or to the Megan McCrary Memorial Fund at First State Bank, 300 Northcreek Blvd., Goodlettsville, TN. COLE & GARRETT FUNERAL HOME, Goodlettsville, 859-5231