Sportsradiotn's 1A rankings

sportsradiotn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cornpon, Westmoreland didn't lose Benson, she is a senior this year... Did you forget about the transfer they got from Harpeth Hall... Stephanie Urell?? She started for a state championship team, so i think that she is qualified to fill in for Sarah Jones. BTW Westmoreland has a trio of freshman that can really play. Ginny Huntsberry (post), Lindsay Jones (guard), and Catherine Urell (post, guard).. the only thing these three girls are lacking is experience.. By the time the tournaments roll around, Westmoreland will be tough. Coach Abner will have them ready...

Let's get one thing straight, nobody is replacing Jones. She was a stud. She was the best player in the district and region last year. She may have been the best player in the midstate (though Mariska Reed was awfully impressive). Snow was great too, but nobody controlled a game like Jones. Snow had to rely on others to get her the ball. Other people had to put her in a position to succeed, and succeed she did. She led her team to the state title.

Jones ran the show. She should have been a Miss Basketball candidate also.

Urell is solid. She's seems smart and is a good defensive player. She is one of many solid players on the Westmoreland team.

But there is no Sarah Jones on this Westmoreland team. Again, nobody runs the show like Jones did.

Westmoreland is solid and seems to be getting better. They could challenge some of those favorites during the second half of the season. I don't think the Gordonsvilles, Friendships, Clarkranges and Clay Counties of the world will be overlooking Westmoreland though with all of the success that Westmoreland has had since coming into 8-A.

Good luck to all. It should be a great regional tournament.

My bad guys! I didn't realize Benson was just a junior last year. Sorry. And I never said Westmoreland wouldn't be tough at tournament time, I just said that on the average single A basketball in middle TN was a bit down this year from years past. Don't you agree?

Oh didn't Westmoreland get beat by RBS the other night? What happened? I think they have beat RBS since, just wondering.