Sportsradiotn's 1A rankings

sportsradiotn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class 1A rankings for the Christmas Break

Radio you must be into the eggnog to early, there are no District 7 listed.

This won't do!! Clay County or Clarkrange not listed in the top ten.

We must cancel Christmas!!

I think you pretty close. thumb

825494871[/snapback]

I should have included Clarkrange...I don't know why the Lady Buffs eluded me. I will amend. BTW, I'm not really an eggnog fan.

Kenton is between Union City and Trenton.

Class 1A rankings for the Christmas Break

1. Gleason

2. DCA

3. Peabody

4. Dresden

5. Perry County

6. Summertown

7. Unaka

8. South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>

9. Westmoreland

10. CPA

Let the discussion begin!

Happy Holidays!

825494848[/snapback]

Amended!

1. Gleason

2. DCA

3. Peabody

4. Clarkrange

5. Dresden

6. Perry County

6. Summertown

8. Unaka

9. South Fulton

10. Westmoreland

Receiving votes - Clay County, CPA, Moore County

sticking true to your West Tennessee roots I see. Come one man, you gotta recognize Clarkrange or we will eat you up. I like your effort, what do you think of mine????

#1 DCA (10-0)- Did some of their girls play Football? (meaning... that it is not fair they have so many great athletes in their school, I'm jealous) They beat Upperman and Upperman is one of the best teams in the state, any class, this season. They have the edge over Gleason- their schedule is a little bit tougher. They also have wins over Brentwood Academy and Hume-Fogge.

#2 Gleason(12-0)- The best in single A from West Tennessee so far. We'll see how they do against Crocket County. Have wins over Dresden, Chester County, Perry County. Very quick. I think they have had some players injured...correct me if I am wrong. Regardless, this is just another great Lady Bulldog squad as usual.

#3 Clarkrange (10-3) - Solid guard play and Howard inside have shown that they can play with anyone in the state. Three losses at the hands of Clay Co., FRA, and Upperman. Defending champs...and I believe they are better that last year. Wins over FRA (after losing to them earlier), Davidson Academy (easily), Oliver Springs, Gibson County, and AAA Cookeville, make them a top 5 team. Have you seen their Freshman (Brown)--a future Miss Basketball???

#4 Unaka (9-1) - At least the Lady Rangers understand that to be a state contender..you gotta play the best. They have scheduled a tough East Tennessee schedule against AA and AAA teams. But, dropped out of Livingston's Christmas Tourney...no, no, no, why? they could have won that tournament! Lone loss at the hands of Clay County. Great players at all positions. They ARE the best single A team in the East.

#5 Peabody (11-2) - Are they determined enough to make another run at state. They are mature and loaded. Biggest wins are against Gibson County and Dresden. Just picked up first 2 losses of year against AA opponents (good ones too). Bobbit is fa' real!!! New coach...still adapting to a new style??? They'll just get better.

#6 Davidson Academy (7-2) - Big team and been winning some big games. Beat FRA and Gordonsville. Clarkrange and Friendship Christian their two losses. Seem to be forming some great team chemistry. They'll get a second chance at Clarkrange in Nashville. They have really branched out to play some tough single A teams that will make them better in the end, schedule also includes Clay County later in the year. Three ladies 6' or better.

#7 Summertown (9-4) Great team, but three straight losses on the plateau have left some questions to be answered. Have wins over Perry County (big) and Ezell-Harding (also big). Losses include Upperman (which they played well), Gibson County, and Jackson County (they did not even show up vs. JC). Will be big to see if they can get it back together following Christmas break.

#8 Perry County (7-1) Injuries have effected them (if I remember correctly). Just could not put them above Summertown after 20 point blow out. They have a lot to prove- fairly weak schedule so far. Had a big win over Collinwood. Edney an all-state candidate.

#9 Dresden (11-3) The Lady Lions just can't get over the hump, namely Peabody and Gleason- get rid of these two and Dresden might just be the best of the West.

Barely lost to Obion Co., beat FRA and South Fulton (easily). Could make things very interesting come playoff time.

#10 (tie) Gordonsville (10-3) Was off to a great start. Smith County loss has set them back. Did not even show up against Davidson Academy the other night. Watch no. 33 Jessie Willoughby. She can take over a game. I love her hustle from the times I have watched them. Big wins over Clay County. Very mature team. I think they are gonna be tough...still alot to prove.

#10 (tie) Clay County (7-4) - Why top ten? Well they play up to or down to their competetition. They beat Clarkrange and they beat Unaka...shouldn't they be higher? NO! They lost to Red Boiling Springs, Gordonsville twice, and Livingston. This team has got to be more consistent. Saw them play Clarkrange and they have the potential to be great. Saw them play RBS and saw just how bad they can play. Could not leave them out...they have two of the best post players in the state--stop Hernmann and they are beat.

also....Ezell-Harding, Westmoreland (maybe???), FRA (Changer(? spell- a great athlete), CPA (maybe???), South Fulton (long shot if you ask me), Chattanooga Christian, Richland (weak schedule), Forrest

Copper Basin should NOT be in the top ten in the strength poll--incomplete schedule and weak competition I think. I like the accuracy of the poll, but every now and then their is a glitch and this is an example.

Great first half of the season. Single A teams looking good so far. I am sure things will get even more interesting as the season goes on.

Happy Holidays from me as well.

Edited by doubletrouble00

#7 Summertown (9-4) Great team, but three straight losses on the plateau have left some questions to be answered. Have wins over Perry County (big) and Ezell-Harding (also big). Losses include Upperman (which they played well), Gibson County, and Jackson County (they did not even show up vs. JC). Will be big to see if they can get it back together following Christmas break.

Summertown did show up against JC, it was a real close game through 3 quarters. They were hot and sticking right with the AA power. JC is alot better than people are giving them credit for, they have played a tough scedule and should have won a couple close one they didnt. Clarkrange and Clay Co and Summertown are three of the best in A reguardless of record.

sticking true to your West Tennessee roots I see. Come one man, you gotta recognize Clarkrange or we will eat you up. I like your effort, what do you think of mine????

#1 DCA (10-0)- Did some of their girls play Football? (meaning... that it is not fair they have so many great athletes in their school, I'm jealous) They beat Upperman and Upperman is one of the best teams in the state, any class, this season. They have the edge over Gleason- their schedule is a little bit tougher. They also have wins over <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> and Hume-Fogge.

#2 Gleason(12-0)- The best in single A from West Tennessee so far. We'll see how they do against Crocket County. Have wins over Dresden, Chester County, Perry County. Very quick. I think they have had some players injured...correct me if I am wrong. Regardless, this is just another great Lady Bulldog squad as usual.

#3 Clarkrange (10-3) - Solid guard play and Howard inside have shown that they can play with anyone in the state. Three losses at the hands of Clay Co., FRA, and Upperman. Defending champs...and I believe they are better that last year. Wins over FRA (after losing to them earlier), Davidson Academy (easily), Oliver Springs, Gibson County, and AAA Cookeville, make them a top 5 team. Have you seen their Freshman (Brown)--a future Miss Basketball???

#4 Unaka (9-1) - At least the Lady Rangers understand that to be a state contender..you gotta play the best. They have scheduled a tough East Tennessee schedule against AA and AAA teams. But, dropped out of Livingston's Christmas Tourney...no, no, no, why? they could have won that tournament! Lone loss at the hands of Clay County. Great players at all positions. They ARE the best single A team in the East.

#5 Peabody (11-2) - Are they determined enough to make another run at state. They are mature and loaded. Biggest wins are against Gibson County and Dresden. Just picked up first 2 losses of year against AA opponents (good ones too). Bobbit is fa' real!!! New coach...still adapting to a new style??? They'll just get better.

#6 Davidson Academy (7-2) - Big team and been winning some big games. Beat FRA and Gordonsville. Clarkrange and Friendship Christian their two losses. Seem to be forming some great team chemistry. They'll get a second chance at Clarkrange in Nashville. They have really branched out to play some tough single A teams that will make them better in the end, schedule also includes Clay County later in the year. Three ladies 6' or better.

#8 Perry County (7-1) Injuries have effected them (if I remember correctly). Just could not put them above Summertown after 20 point blow out. They have a lot to prove- fairly weak schedule so far. Had a big win over Collinwood. Edney an all-state candidate.

#9 Dresden (11-3) The Lady Lions just can't get over the hump, namely Peabody and Gleason- get rid of these two and Dresden might just be the best of the West.

Barely lost to Obion Co., beat FRA and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> (easily). Could make things very interesting come playoff time.

#10 (tie) Gordonsville (10-3) Was off to a great start. Smith County loss has set them back. Did not even show up against Davidson Academy the other night. Watch no. 33 Jessie Willoughby. She can take over a game. I love her hustle from the times I have watched them. Big wins over Clay County. Very mature team. I think they are gonna be tough...still alot to prove.

#10 (tie) Clay County (7-4) - Why top ten? Well they play up to or down to their competetition. They beat Clarkrange and they beat Unaka...shouldn't they be higher? NO! They lost to Red Boiling Springs, Gordonsville twice, and Livingston. This team has got to be more consistent. Saw them play Clarkrange and they have the potential to be great. Saw them play RBS and saw just how bad they can play. Could not leave them out...they have two of the best post players in the state--stop Hernmann and they are beat.

also....Ezell-Harding, Westmoreland (maybe???), FRA (Changer(? spell- a great athlete), CPA (maybe???), South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> (long shot if you ask me), Chattanooga Christian, Richland (weak schedule), Forrest

Copper Basin should NOT be in the top ten in the strength poll--incomplete schedule and weak competition I think. I like the accuracy of the poll, but every now and then their is a glitch and this is an example.

Great first half of the season. Single A teams looking good so far. I am sure things will get even more interesting as the season goes on.

825494898[/snapback]

Very thorough job my friend. I applaud my partner Sportsradio's Top 10 and your as well.

#1 DCA (10-0)- Did some of their girls play Football? (meaning... that it is not fair they have so many great athletes in their school, I'm jealous) They beat Upperman and Upperman is one of the best teams in the state, any class, this season. They have the edge over Gleason- their schedule is a little bit tougher. They also have wins over <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> and Hume-Fogge.

Barely lost to Obion Co., beat FRA and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> (easily). Could make things very interesting come playoff time.

also....Ezell-Harding, Westmoreland (maybe???), FRA (Changer(? spell- a great athlete), CPA (maybe???), South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> (long shot if you ask me), Chattanooga Christian, Richland (weak schedule), Forrest

825494898[/snapback]

Good rankings...as I tend to favor West TN teams you tend to favor teams from your area.

Peabody's two losses - Crockett County AA and Dyersburg AAA.

Very thorough job my friend. I applaud my partner Sportsradio's Top 10 and your as well.

825494918[/snapback]

Thanks! I guess you guys will be doing the Lions Club Christmas Tournament.

Cude, Sam, Tammye and I have the Gibson County Christmas Tournament on both 97.7 and 93.7. Should be a good one!

Peabody is the 1 seed and gets the bye...Milan and Bradford play at 5:30 Monday night and Gibson County girls face Humboldt at 8:30.

The tournament continues Tuesday night with Peabody facing Milan/Bradford winner at 7:00. The finals are Thursday night 7:00. All games at Milan.