Why is there no respect for J.P. Prince&Thad Young

Galilee

When it comes to the best players in the 05 and 06 class J.P. and T.Y gets no respect. In 05 Tyler and Delk is often mentioned. I do not understand how those two are ranked above JP. In the 06 class the only person who is ranked higher on a national level is B.Wright. They will go head to head next year in Memphis. I want an honest answer, is there any bias toward memphis players?

When it comes to the best players in the 05 and 06 class J.P. and T.Y gets no respect. In 05 Tyler and Delk is often mentioned. I do not understand how those two are ranked above JP. In the 06 class the only person who is ranked higher on a national level is B.Wright. They will go head to head next year in Memphis. I want an honest answer, is there any bias toward memphis players?

825498449[/snapback]

Sometimes I think there is bias towards all good players, regardless of where they are from. I am often surprised by the number of negative posts on many of the mid-state players such as B.Wright and several others. People like to think that if it is someone they know or they have only seen another player play one time, that they are experts on talent and ability. I have seen all of the above mentioned players play in big tournaments and I think they are all really, really good players. However, I do not have the expertise to say who is better than the other. I just know that they are extremely talented from watching them play more than once.

Posters on this board seems to favor other players over those two. When I look at national rankings I see as you see, but others on this board seems to be bias toward Young and Price as well as other Memphis players.

825498479[/snapback]

That is pretty much human nature. We lean towards our favorites regardless of the other factors and there seems to be more mid-state posts than the Memphis area. Don't loose any sleep over it. :) National rankings mean more anyway.

Maybe it has to do with where the majority of the people who post on this board are from. Just looking at whom the majority of post are about, it appears that Middle Tennesse, and to a certain extent East Tennessee dominate the topics. Most people pump up or diss players that they have seen play. I seen Brandon and Tyler play, but I have not seen the Memphis players so I don't feel I should comment on them.

Posters on this board seems to favor other players over those two. When I look at national rankings I see as you see, but others on this board seems to be bias toward Young and Price as well as other Memphis players.

825498479[/snapback]

Well the Delks are Memphis area players so I dont really understand what your trying to say.