• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

2005 CLASS AAA MISS BASKETBALL  -  Alysha Clark

She is a once in a lifetime player.

825502702[/snapback]

no doubt in my mind that shes the best basketball player in the state, hands down. heres the question i got: how in the world did vandy or ut not sign this girl?1?!?!?!?!?

The main reason the BIG schools backed off Clark was from her injury last season. They wanted to see if she had fully recovered. Another reason was most BIG schools (UT and Vandy) felt like she wasn't big and strong enough to play under the basket and wanted to move her out.

From what I understand Alysha wanted to go to Vandy but they didn't offer.

Belmont offered and fournately for them she took it. She is going to be a big asset to Belmont and I believe Vandy will regret they didn't go on and offer her.

Guest Oakland
The main reason the BIG schools backed off Clark was from her injury last season.  They wanted to see if she had fully recovered.  Another reason was most BIG schools (UT and Vandy) felt like she wasn't big and strong enough to play under the basket and wanted to move her out.

From what I understand Alysha wanted to go to Vandy but they didn't offer.

Belmont offered and fournately for them she took it.  She is going to be a big asset to Belmont and I believe Vandy will regret they didn't go on and offer her.

825502738[/snapback]

im a big mtsu person myself, and im just wondering why they didnt go after her. i mean belmont really hasnt done anything the last few years while middle made the 2nd round last year. belmont got a super steal on that one. clark will be their foundation for many years to come

Clark's Tournament summary:  4 games

113 pts (28.25 ppg)

47 rebounds (11.75 rpg)

34-51 FG (67%)

45-48 FT (94%)

Against mostly double-team pressure.

Not bad.

825503088[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Not bad, thats a joke! That is flat out incredible!

Edited by bob77

Pat Head Summitt should of had two future UT players in the Greene County tournament (should-be UT bound Clark and already UT committed Cait.) Coach Summitt has had players from local schools, with Shelbyville's Fuller, Sevier County's Edwards, Bradley Central's Jackson, and Tennessee High's McDaniel.

Unlike the men's basketball program, when Buzz Peterson failed to have Maryville's Lee Humphrey wearing UT orange and white (who instead wears Gator orange and blue.)

However, it is hard to believe that UT (and Vanderbilt, Kentucky {with Demoss as coach}, or any other school in the SEC) overlooked Clark. I know about UT's "Super Six" freshmen and how excited people from around here are, but who wouldn't want a talented, hard-working, class act like Clark as a member of the Lady Vols?