District 7 AAA

Guest Oakland

I hate to burst your bubble hoop20, but maybe the problem at wc is the people like you who always want to ride the coaches. Don't u already have something negative posted on the girl's board? I mean, wow, show some positive support. The kids read this, dude. 

Coach Turner is my husband and,yes, I am Coach Lamar Rogers's daughter. I would love to "chat" with u in person and maybe fill u in on some inside info, but maybe since u think u know everything, it would go thru one ear and out the other. My father had nothing to do with Chris getting the job. He got it because of his knowledge of the game, his desire and enthusium, not his personal success. He is in his 2nd year of head coaching, has had 3 years as an assistant in GA. He had extreme success there, and yes, it is tough right now at wc, but the players AND coaches, and hopefully all of the parents are working extremely hard this year. It will be a tough year, but who isn't up for a challenge? Coach Turner has a coaching job, it isn't one of those jobs you leave at work, he, like another coach I know, take basketball seriously. It goes home, it is there on the weekends, all the time, and if maybe you had a little insight on a coach's life, maybe you wouldn't be so quick to degrade them or always have such negative criticism.

Warren County needs support, in ALL areas, sports, etc. We don't need your negativity.

It may take awhile for people to adjust, patience is a virtue, and instilling that will help us all. Without a challenge, life would be easier, but less fun. So, can't we all just get on here and keep this CRAP off coacht. Also, to the voice, I'd love to have a name. Why do you all get on here and hide, while trashing people and kids when you have no clue what is going on behind the scenes? Ever heard of pride? I know you will say you have nothing to be proud of, but, think before you speak your mind. Remember that youths are reading this and responding to many of your posts. I am assuming you are adults.

I do have some things to say. I am ready for this year and the ride. It will be bumpy, but I support WC and all the players, parents, cheerleaders, coaches, and fans. I wish you luck and all the best. Make it a great year by learning and gaining other's respect by not giving up. Never give up, no matter what you read, what you hear, or what you think. Keep your heads up and play hard, smart, no matter what the odds, score, or negativity. Your Coach belives in you, as do I.

Good luck to the Pioneers, (and to my Daddy & the Lady Buffaloes, I love and miss you all! and the Buffaloes)  :lol:

Good luck to all the teams in 7aaa!

825437415[/snapback]

MEOW!! Did we go to teh Brenda Warner school for defending husbands or what? First, I have tried to support Warren County sports for over 20 years, but when the two most successful coaches (Luna and Keil) are run out because they did their jobs, how can you support this administration's decision making? In coaching, you have to give respect to get respect and that's not happening. Maybe his laid back disposition and demeanor have something to do with it, I don't know.

Luna and Keil ruled with an iron fist, and they won. Some people were jealous of their success at Warren Co, but that's how it is in life and sports. Also, thaere is a world of difference from Georgia b-ball to Warren Co b-ball. You have to coach here, some parents get in the way, politics,politics, politics, parents get in the way and Oh!, YOU HAVE TO COACH YOUR BUTT OFF!!!! Acting as childish as your players doesn't get (back to that word again) respect. I wish the guys and girls could have a great season, but I think the coaches are satisfied and not willing to sacrifice the energy needed say like a Randy King, Brandon Burks, Eric Mitchell, Doug Keil, Chris Harris, Kyle Turnham, or Kevin Bray does. Their records speak for themselves, how about yours? (Hint: you should have won "A" district game last year)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just another example of the discipline problems Siegel has that will conquer therr talentt.. If onlly htey were as disciplined and well coached as our boys fromm Warren COunty. They would never have anyone do thiss, right?!?!? :D

825445435[/snapback]

[/quote

if warren county is better coached than siegel, then how do you explain your horrendous losing streak in the district? it will probably continue this year also

we do not want anything from warren county to infect siegel basketball, regardless of what it is!!!

and if your post is sarcastic, or you were kidding i will apologize now because i really can not tell if you are serious or not.......lol

Guest Oakland

This is just another example of the discipline problems Siegel has that will conquer therr talentt.. If onlly htey were as disciplined and well coached as our boys fromm Warren COunty. They would never have anyone do thiss, right?!?!? :D

825445435[/snapback]

[/quote

if warren county is better coached than siegel, then how do you explain your horrendous losing streak in the district? it will probably continue this year also

we do not want anything from warren county to infect siegel basketball, regardless of what it is!!!

and if your post is sarcastic, or you were kidding i will apologize now because i really can not tell if you are serious or not.......lol

825445876[/snapback]

same here leadoff, i couldnt decide if he was being serious or sarcastic so i just didnt respond thumb

Guest Oakland
Oakland opens their season today against clarksville northwest. i think im going with my boys from oaktown in this one. hopefully they can come out firing in the opener, but i am not betting on it. oakland always seems to struggle early but comes on strong late

I know i have a very biased opinion but i truly think that Riverdale is the team to beat this year. They are 10 deep easily.

Seniors

Michael Lavender

Preston Smith

Ryan Denney

Dave Thomas (new addition, played as a sophmore and is back for senior season)

Juniors

Andrew Barrett

Jesse Mayfield

Kit Hartsfield (transfer from Lawrence Co., started for them last year as a soph)

Sophomores

Scott Thomas

Tee Burnett (transfer from Atlanta)

Kevin Smith (transfer Louisianna)

Those 10 guys are all capable of starting. You can put a number of winning combinations together out of those 10. Those 3 sophmores are unreal and they will be a force to be recogned with for the next 3 years.

825381721[/snapback]

well i agree with a few of those guys...granted lavendar can shoot from anywhere on the court...the two transfers are extremely good ball players. i watched them when they came to siegel to play. but as a team...i dont think riverdale has the depth to go late into the season...especially with the lineup you just listed. but im not saying they aren't going to be good...cuz they definitely are. but i think if siegel boys can stay outta trouble and keep their heads in the game...its all over!!

If Keith continues to play like he did and the other starters get it going....I honestly don't see anyone beating them when they are all playing good...vs. Maplewood Darius Roper had like 4-6 points or something like that...last year he was our leading scorer and Jimmy Oden didnt have an especially big night about average probably...Lucas Jones was in foul trouble early so that neutralized him.....the Wilson Central Siegel game on Wednesday will be a good measuring stick for us.... if they are all on...i really dont see anyone stopping them in this district but... we all know that doesnt happen every night

Guest Oakland
If Keith continues to play like he did and the other starters get it going....I honestly don't see anyone beating them when they are all playing good...vs. Maplewood Darius Roper had like 4-6 points or something like that...last year he was our leading scorer and Jimmy Oden didnt have an especially big night about average probably...Lucas Jones was in foul trouble early so that neutralized him.....the Wilson Central Siegel game on Wednesday will be a good measuring stick for us....  if they are all on...i really dont see anyone stopping them in this district but... we all know that doesnt happen every night

825446400[/snapback]

your right. if siegel can play together, listen to their coaches and reach their potential, they will be very hard to stop. but so would the top 4 teams in this district :P

I didnt know anyone from Warren County knew what dunking was...and never thought anyone could do it.....Tullahoma has a nice little team from what I hear????

825446387[/snapback]

For your information, there are a number of Pioneers that can dunk this year: Andrew Deason (already mentioned), Warren Swann, Josh Nunley, Adam Wood, Terrin Martin, Todd Gilley (sometimes), Chris Weitzel (freshman)

I am not saying this is the sole measurement for a basketball player, I'm just saying give the guys their respect for what they can do.