Happy Valley @ Elizabethton

coachh17

Besides the normal bragging rights in West Carter County, this early season matchup should answer some questions about these two teams. The Warriors have struggled to this point, but have several dangerous players. A win here could turn their season around and offer much needed momentum for the conference race. The Lady Warriors have beaten the Cyclones once in each of Elizabethton's past two sub-state seasons. The Lady Cyclones are coming off of 3 straight losses, and were a mere whimper of their early season selves in the last 2. Can they find themselves and solidify their hold on first place, or will another loss drop them another notch closer to mediocrity? Thoughts, comments, or predictions please.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the new year will give Elizabethton a fresh start. I know the coaches are pulling their hair out over what has happened to this team. Perhaps its nothing that a big win over the Warriors can't cure. I have no idea how they will respond. A week ago I would have never said that. I'd like to think that the upperclasswomen will take control. Perhaps a closed door meeting, players only, is in order?

Besides the normal bragging rigts in West Carter County, this early season matchup should answer some questions about these two teams. The Warriors have struggled to this point, but have several dangerous players. A win here could turn their season around and offer much needed momentum for the conference race. The Lady Warriors have beaten the Cyclones once in each of Elizabethton's past two sub-state seasons. The Lady Cyclones are coming off of 3 straight losses, and were a mere whimper of their early season selves in the last 2. Can they find themselves and solidify their hold on first place, or will another loss drop them another notch closer to mediocrity? Thoughts, comments, or predictions please.

825504077[/snapback]

Elizabethton still must contend with Unicoi County. Every team should play them zone and make them beat them from the outside.

Every team should play zone against Elizabethton, or Unicoi? Clarify please.

825504185[/snapback]

LOL! 17, You're way too funny! But, NO, I would NOT ZONE the Lady Devils. That freshman guard, and the sophomore Engles; plus Kerns and Lingerfelt can shoot the lights out! In fact the freshman has the BEST Jump Shot off the Dribble I've seen in quite a while; but YOU don't need to hear any of this from me, huh?. Oh, and don't bother with me, "waterfalls;" I'm only saying all this to worry 17.

And if you don't mind, 17 and corner (or, of course anyone), PLEASE check this out: http://kimsports.homestead.com <<<Not the permament name (by a long shot), and some, or ALL of the LINKS might not yet work proper; but this is where we're heading. Electronic Media and of course, Online Reporting, I feel, is the only Pragmatic means for Local sports for the forseeable future. Reading corner's comments about last week prompted me to have the two of you take a look-see, and offer any advice of criticism you deem necessary. Do you HATE the color schemes? Is it rational? Legible? Interesting? Would it fit in your Garbage Disposal?

And Please Note: It is a work-in-progress. We're a long, long way from hatching; but the Oven is Warm.

Good foundation Krichuanka. And I like the colors too!

As for teams playing the cyclones zone, thats exactly what I would do and try and force them to beat me from outside. Cloudland did that and got burned, but Redd shot lights out that game, and that hasnt happened since. The best defense against the cyclones is to keep Rikki and Michaela's shot numbers down.

Thanks, corner!

And I agree with the approach to defending the Lady Cyclones. But with Valneesha, you zone she burns you; you man-up, she slashes you.

And I'm still hoping for the best for Marti Bush. If things don't go as we hope, then maybe she would like to do a little sports reporting if she has to sit out?????

I think the combination of Baughman AND Pietrowski will be very advantageous for the Lady Cyclones. K. Williams has been OUTSTANDING playing as the only true post-player for Happy Valley; but somewhere in there is an Isolation Nightmare for the Warriors.

17, Any and everything you might want to send or suggest will be Abundantly Appreciated.

Would also love to hear from as many players as possible ....who might want to make "Diary Entrys" or general remarks (whether they're injured, playing or keeping the books). Hope to have that page up and running within the week. The only thing stopping several ideas from implementatioin is the "Publisher's" IGNORANCE. As I learn it, I'm applying it ....which explains the slow development.

Of course there will be an area/page to include entries by the coaches as well.

Ultimately we should have similar diary-type "remarks" by two or more players whose teams' are scheduled to oppose each other. But that will, at first, probably have to be limited to entry through my email to prevent "un-authorized" coaches' comments and things of that nature.

**BREAKING NEWS**

A big high school girl's basketball coach in Carter County resigned today, and an old legend will make his debut tomorrow night.

I know all about this one, but we're saving it for the Elizabethton STAR tomorrow afternoon. Read Tim Chambers' article to find out which school and who's coming back in the coaching circle.

There's a lot more to the story. It's not necessarily a good story either.

Edited by acdcfan