LIST 5 QUALITY TEAMS

tcross

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering why Tyler Smith went to such a low quality basketball school. I was thinking maybe he wanted to go to Knoxville so he could be with a bunch of thugs and play streetball. Yes Tyler is good but why UT. I mean Matthew Dotson went to UT. I cant believe UT didnt recruit the Delk twins but they are better than Tyler and that is why they went to the better school of MSU. But Waverly will have to bring their A game to beat Giles Co. in Region but I believe they can beat them.

Guest catfish-hunter
catfish, Giles fans never mention dunks in their posts! Its everyone else's fans who have seen him jump out of the building the night before, that post about dunks! Tyler doesn't have to dunk at all in order to be successful! It's the fact that he can drive through an entire team, AND FINISH, that makes him great! Not because his driving ability gets him so many points, but because he frees up other players who can shoot the rock! Tyler can shoot a jumper from about 7 ft all night if he wants to! Once again, you haven't seen him play, so why are you even saying him name?

I agree that when the dust settles, Giles we'll once again be the region champion, and everyone knows it! Hate it for ya'! Good post wneely and t-work! Let's not mention 10aa for a while. catfish is still cleaning himself up from all this excitement!

LEBRON WHO?

825514943[/snapback]

A "7 ft" jumper huh willy??? I'll betcha that the college scouts sure are drooling over that, LOL!!! You said that all of you "Giles fans never mention dunks". That is a flat out LIE willy. Just last week after you guys beat Lewis County, your boy Wade got on here and said "Tyler Smith had his Mr. Basketball dunk of the year in this game". Go read the thread if you don't believe me willy. The sad part is that Wade neglected to mention the fact that the spectacular dunk he was bragging so much about was with about three minutes left to play in the game and that Giles County was already leading by 40-points. I guess that Holt felt Lewis County had one of those three minute 40-point spurts left in them. You are obviously not an English major either willy. You asked me "why are you even mentioning him name". You also said that "Giles we'll once again be the region champion". I know fifth graders who can put sentences together better than that willy. First off, it should be typed as why am I even mentioning "his name" not "him name". Secondly, it should be typed "Giles will once again be region champs" instead of "Giles we'll". You see willy "we'll" is a shorter way of saying "we will", but I'm sure you already knew that now didn't you??? After tonight, Giles will have played a total of five quality opponents. The Bobcats record in those five games will be a whopping 3-2 (now that kind of mediocrity is exactly what state championship basketball teams are made of folks).

The dunk wasn't the play of the year, it was Tyler intercepting the pass and spinning left to avoid a charge THUS freeing him for a dunk, that was the play of the season in my opinion.

Actually, fool, the play came in the second quarter, you just WISH it was in the 4th quarter so you could get on here and run your yap. Keeping talking noise about mighty 10AA and how Giles County is a one-trick pony, I don't care if we have 5 midgets out on the court, fact of the matter is we are 5-0 against the mighty 10AA in the past two seasons, and I don't see any reason why we won't go undefeated again this season.

Come actually watch the game tonight instead of going to watch some Sycamore/Fairview snoozefest and then get back on here and tell everyone how great Sycamore is because they finally won a game against a District 9AA team.

Edited by wneely

I aint a Giles County fan and i hate it when their fans gettin on here talking about how good they and Tyler Smith but i gotta say yall are right for once cause yall are much better than Waverly. They have been killed by northside twice...17 and i think 27. Does waverly have anyone that can play with Smith? No. They probably dont have anyone as good as Coffey on thier team either. If they could pull out a miracle in region and beat Giles they still aint goin anywhere cause then they would likely play Liberty who beat Northside or Humbolt who beat Liberty. And if they lose it will be a long quiet trip on the way back from Bolivar.

Guest catfish-hunter
The dunk wasn't the play of the year, it was Tyler intercepting the pass and spinning left to avoid a charge THUS freeing him for a dunk, that was the play of the season in my opinion.

Actually, fool, the play came in the second quarter, you just WISH it was in the 4th quarter so you could get on here and run your yap. Keeping talking noise about mighty 10AA and how Giles County is a one-trick pony, I don't care if we have 5 midgets out on the court, fact of the matter is we are 5-0 against the mighty 10AA in the past two seasons, and I don't see any reason why we won't go undefeated again this season.

Come actually watch the game tonight instead of going to watch some Sycamore/Fairview snoozefest and then get back on here and tell everyone how great Sycamore is because they finally won a game against a District 9AA team.

825515057[/snapback]

Just like your boy Willy, you are not an English major either Wade. You see, there is no way that you can begin a sentence with the words "keeping talking". I hope that what you meant to say was "keep on talking", which I'm sure you were because of the fact that you are a very wise induvidual. Another little piece of advice from me to you would be to put one comma after the words "Actually fool". A comma after both words is not gramatically correct, but once again I'm sure that you knew that now didn't you "fool"??? Sycamore "finally winning a game against a 9AA team" huh Wade??? That is awfully funny considering that in the past three years Sycamore has beaten just about every 9AA team. Once again, you should have known that Wade because your team does represent 9AA last time I checked. I guess that the basketball that pegged you upside the noggin during last year's regional tourney caused you to lose a portion of your memory Wade. It obviously did not help your grammar skills in any way.

catfish, have you sunken so low that you, now, have to correct everyone's typos?? Geez, get a life!

You said, and I quote, "...in the past 3 years Sycamore has beaten JUST ABOUT every 9aa team." Yeah, JUST ABOUT every team except the one that mattered! Look, we aren't arguing in favor of the rest of 9aa; just Giles Co.! Besides, there has been several other posters (not only Giles Co. fans) that have said Giles is a much stronger team than anyone in 10aa! I guess we can finally shut you up when tournament time rolls around! Maybe it is you, sir, that is "missing a portion of his memory," because, as far as I can remember, Giles Co. is undefeated in the last two seasons against your beloved region 10aa!

Was it not you who gave Tyler so much grief over his shot earlier in the season? Yes, apparently many college coaches are drooling over a player who is able to drive and finish, or pull-up and shoot the way that Tyler can! You see, now, catfish, he can do all of the things that you, and your 10aa pals, said that he needed to be able to do in order to be successful at the next level!

Why do you care what "quality opponents" Giles has or hasn't beaten? As a matter of fact what gives you the right to decide whether a team is a "quality opponent" or not? In my book, a "quality opponent" is one in which you need to beat in order to move on in the district, region, substate, or state tournaments, and come February, Sycamore and Waverly will be 2 more of your "quality wins" for T. Smith and Giles County!

LEBRON WHO?

Edited by willyp6

10AA is a good district if you like snoozefests... there now that I am on topic...

Catfish-hunter, you're a moron plain and simple. You scour through my posts looking for gramatical errors in hopes that my slip-up on an internet message board will somehow give Sycamore an edge over Giles County come tournament time. Get off my jock, I have enough fans as it is. Although I must admit, I AM extremely jealous of you, since you know you're so cool and what not. Wish I had the time to go through every one of your posts with a fine-toothed comb looking for the a missed comma or punctuation mark of some type.

If you think you're like smarter than me or something, then show me your high school records (because it's obvious you are out of high school - you're probably middle aged and sitting in the living room drinking a beer and scratching yourself), or challenge me to a spelling bee, I personally don't give a flip.

To call al games in 10AA snoozefests is crazy. Sure, outside of Waverly there is not a ton of athletes who fly around the gym, in fact they do quite the opposite. Being a fan of "old school" basketball I enjoy watching several of the teams in 10AA. I like the three point shot and the no-look pass, diving on the floor for loose balls and the "Princeton" style offense with backdoor cuts. It's not a secret that Tyler can dunk and Noel Smith of Cheatham County can't, but how many times in Tyler's career has he gone 12 for 12 from the field including 8 of 8 from three point range, never!

I didn't say Noel is better than Tyler, I do know he could out shoot him from anywhere on the court. Nowdays a kid that can dunk is a dime a dozen and to me nothing special to watch considering I can turn on a college or NBA game at any time to see that. On the other hand a kid that can shoot and get his team involved when necessary, and one who was born with little to no athletic ability or size that works his butt off for everything he has, thats who I would pay money to watch. And I'm not just talking about Noel Smith on this one, Sycamore has several players who work hard, and you could go on down the line in this district. It seems that where they lack athleticism they have a ton of heart and you would never see these kids not giving 100% effort at all times. Larry and Magic would be proud.