Powell vs. Karns Round 2

nada02

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell stomped all over Karns in the first game, but I think it will be a little closer this time at Karns. Whats everybody's thoughts on the game tomorrow night.

825513110[/snapback]

I didn't see the last Powell/Karns game, but from the score it wasn't a competitive game from the Beavers standpoint and hasn't been since Lee Smith transferred to the Panthers.

The Beavers will have to step up their play inside to compete or hit about 60% of those 3's.

On the positive side the Beavers have more players contributing lately and that can't do anything but help.

Edited by HiwasseeVol

khsbball you can't sit their at your computer and say that Clinton did not get atleast 3 bad calls right their at the end of the game. Which Clinton had led the whole time until about the final minute. The refs got scared that Karns werent going to win so they started helpin them out a little. Thats the way it has been every game ive seen played at the Karns gym except in the district tournament and Clinton was just too far ahead then for it to even matter. Also playing well their are about 4-5 teams in dist. 3AAA that can get to the region championship and possibly to state.

Congratulations to Powell on their 79-70 win over the Beavers tonight in a good hard fought basketball game. Hats off to the Powell coaching staff who called a timeout in the 4th trailing by 5 points. I believe they then scored 9 straight points and Karns never recovered.

Powell played hard all night and didn't seem to have the lull that I'm seen in some of their games this year. If they keep that up they will be hard to beat.

Scott Shipwash didn't dress tonight and was in the student section so I guess his career is over. Too bad, the Beavers could have used some of his offense tonight.

Oak Ridge was ahead by 7 points at the end of 3 quarters as I drove home.

good win panthers              and hats off to the karns admin

i saw only a well behaved student section pulling for there team!

825515373[/snapback]

No doubt rob, our students showed less class than Karns did, but nothing was vulgar. I liked the "0 and 3" chant. That was a nice touch.

Overall, it was a good game. I don't think that Karns could play much better than they did, and Powell still won on the road. Addis and Connor made big shots in the second half, and Lee Smith is starting to just dominate games. I love his game.

I also think that it is time to start giving more credit to Matt Hargis. All the kid does is efficiently run his team, play good defense, and hit the open shot when it is given to him. Most high school point guards will never play to the level that Hargis is playing at right now, and he is just a sophomore. Cameron Sharp is a very good player, but come Friday night, I don't have any doubt who will be the best point guard on the floor. He'll be the one playing for the Panthers.