Bledsoe vs Sequatchie

jhoutsider

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bledsoe will have to do better than they did against East Ridge, 2 points in the fourth I believe, 26 total against an East Ridge team that isn't too strong with Warden just scoring seven. I don't see either team winning by a lot so whoever is more calm under pressure, makes a better free throw number, doesn't miss easy shots under the basket and limits unforced turnovers should win. If Warden gets in foul trouble it could be ugly.

Seq won 48-30, was in control of the game from the start. Seq led by 16 at the half, by around 15-20 the whole second half. Bacon had 6 3's, around 25 for Seq. Other players didn't score as much but did all the right things to help the team win, especially blocking out, rebound, forcing turnovers/making steals and most of all not backing down when the play got a little rough. Next game is at Howard, winner has a good shot at finishing 3rd in the regular season, it's important obviously to avoid Tyner or Grundy till as late in the tournament as possible (though anybody can be beaten on a given night it would be an upset).

Seq did a good job concentrating on the game even though Bledsoe brought Debord back to try and distract from the stands..just joking-nothing wrong with vocal support as long as it doesn't go over the line. Seq's 9th and 10th grade girls did a good job winning at Soddy-Daisy Saturday night by 12. It wasn't really a junior varsity like most teams would have since they have only 13 players total, they used 3 that have started or always start in varsity, but since I'm told Soddy-Daisy used all available 9th and 10th graders things should have been fairly equal. They used those 3 less than they would in a varsity game so it wasn't just using more experienced players to get an easy win. The leading scorer was a 9th grader, she made 3 3 pointers, played good defense except for some reaching in. she will be a pretty good player if she plays without being nervous in the varsity games like she did in this one. One of the players hit the floor pretty hard but I'd say she will be okay, it runs in the family for her to be a little hard-headed. :lol: