lighthouse christian

gowiththeflow_6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about what Lighthouse used to do? I am pretty sure they use to be a part of TSSAA and only recently dropped out of the TSSAA into the smaller, TACS. Anyone know exactly how big they are? I seem to remember them having some decent talent a few years back but could never translate that talent into major wins. Anybody got any answers 4 me?

They played in district 9A along with Goodpasture, FRA, DCA, CPA, and Ezell Harding. All of those teams mentioned have made it to the state tournament in the last 10 years. Lighthouse was the bottom of the barrel in that district. They just didn't have the talent or numbers to crawl out of the hole. Enrollment declined and they decided to drop out. Unfortunately for them, they now have the best team I have ever seen them have and could beat at least three of the teams in that district right now (FRA, DCA and Montessori for sure, and be competitive with Goodpasture.) They made the decision to drop out and play nothing teams. Makes your record look good, but nobody notices unless it is in the TSSAA. Life's tough.

If you are referring to the Light House Christian in Nashville (Antioch) it isnt that they arent recognized by the TSSAA.  they chose to drop out of the TSSAA....

It was hard for them to compete within the confines of the guidelines of the TSSAA so now they are an independent school whom has to follow virtually no rules or regulations....

Their coaching staffs are two of the most inexperienced and immature groups in the nashville area.  However they are relatively good recruiters.  Straight from the Community Center down the street....

They have a hard time scheduling games for no one will schedule them a second time because of the attitudes and tactics displayed in games.

I do not mean to bash them but this is the truth.....  They have one player in particular whom is a Div. II prospect but because of the decision to go to LightHouse he may never get that chance.....

825515009[/snapback]

Sportster not to sound like a jerk but Israel Kirk is a good friend and i feel i should take up for him. He has Air Force, Alabama, and Auburn calling him. He is going on an offical visit to Air Force next month. And none of our players are ineligible, just figured i would set that straight. if we were in TSSAA we would all play.

Sportster not to sound like a jerk but Israel Kirk is a good friend and i feel i should take up for him. He has Air Force, Alabama, and Auburn calling him. He is going on an offical visit to Air Force next month. And none of our players are ineligible, just figured i would set that straight. if we were in TSSAA we would all play.

825533183[/snapback]

Israel Kirk is an exception to the rule... However, playing for Lighthouse has hurt his exposure to college programs.... Now, Is Alabama and Auburn calling or have they sent letters??? I was told about the interest from Air Force and to be honest I was a little surprised I know of a couple of the Div II schools that have expressed an interest in him and they have waivered somewhat for various reasons, none that really have anything to do with Kirk personally...

Israel Kirk is an exception to the rule...  However, playing for Lighthouse has hurt his exposure to  college programs....  Now,  Is Alabama and Auburn calling or have they sent letters???    I was told about the interest from Air Force and to be honest I was a little surprised I know of a couple of the Div II schools that have expressed an interest in him and they have waivered somewhat for various reasons, none that really have anything to do with Kirk personally...

825533387[/snapback]

true i being a very good friend of Israels, i was suprised about auburn and alabama but the truth is this kid gets up at four thirty, three mournings a week and goes to the y and just works on his game so i dont know if they heard about that or what. they alabama and auburn have both called.

true i being a very good friend of Israels, i was suprised about auburn and alabama but the truth is this kid gets up at four thirty, three mournings a week and goes to the y and just works on his game so i dont know if they heard about that or what. they alabama and auburn have both called.

825533407[/snapback]

If you are his friend maybe you can answer this question... Why is he attending Light House??? That is definately a hinderance to exposure and the coaching staff doesnt help matters either....

If you are his friend maybe you can answer this question...  Why is he attending Light House???  That is definately a hinderance to exposure and the coaching staff doesnt help matters either....

825533432[/snapback]

you must not have heard of Vick Wharton? he knows his stuff im not trying to sound like a punk but explain to me why you think he isnt very good at all? i would like to see his flaws. now why is israel at Lighthouse? thats where God has asked him to be.

Edited by heartofthegame20

you must not have heard of Vick Wharton? he knows his stuff im not trying to sound like a punk but explain to me why you think he isnt very good at all? i would like to see his flaws. now why is israel at Lighthouse? thats where God has asked him to be.

825533556[/snapback]

That is a very noble reason for Israel to be at Light house... Changes my perspective on why he is there.

I am not even going to get into a conversation on Vick Wharton, I will only say my opinnion is not the same as yours. But that is what makes this world so great we can have our on opinnions.