Smyrna shooting?

renegade1022

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
I was replying to the previous post...... believe me this is serious I have a son at Smyrna High! 

It is a very sad day when kids are carrying guns to games or even in thier cars.  This is very scary and I in no way am trying to make light of this truly serious matter. I just answered  the previous post.

I hope if they catch the people that fired shots into a parking lot full of people that justice is served, whether they are Smyrna kids, Lavergne kids or just some thugs from ????

825516487[/snapback]

I talked to an SRO at school today about the shooting...the kids were 19 and 20 years old...so they still could be in school considering the schools that were playing....sorry had to throw that out there though...he said more than likely from what he heard from around the Police sources.......Drug related, nothing to do with the rivalry of the game, DRUGS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I moved from Smyrna to Virginia, 30 miles from the murder capital of the US, Washington DC, and we play games at schools like Anacostia and Dunbar, which are in the worst parts of DC. These things happen all the time up here. And I'm tired of all this "typical Smyrna" stuff fa real man. Y'all act like Smyrna is a more dangerous place than Murfreesboro when Murfreesboro has projects and everything. Smyrna really isn't a bad town I lived there almost all my life and things like this have only happened like once or twice. Stop making judgements about things if you have never lived in Smyrna fa real man. People from Murfreesboro make themselves look really retarded when they say things like "typical Smyrna typical Smyrna."

Man I moved from Smyrna to Virginia, 30 miles from the murder capital of the US, Washington DC, and we play games at schools like Anacostia and Dunbar, which are in the worst parts of DC. These things happen all the time up here. And I'm tired of all this "typical Smyrna" stuff fa real man. Y'all act like Smyrna is a more dangerous place than Murfreesboro when Murfreesboro has projects and everything. Smyrna really isn't a bad town I lived there almost all my life and things like this have only happened like once or twice. Stop making judgements about things if you have never lived in Smyrna fa real man. People from Murfreesboro make themselves look really retarded when they say things like "typical Smyrna typical Smyrna."

825516880[/snapback]

825516880[/snapback]

People make themselves look really retarded when they use language like "fa real man".

Edited by sports24

825516880[/snapback]

welcome back bulldog, im not sure if Smyrna, as in the city is that bad or dangerous of a place or not, but Smyrna High does have the most thugs and trouble makers, Smyrna athletics also are involved in quite a bit of confrentations.

Guest region4fan
Siegel[/url]_Senior' date='Jan 12 2005 - 09:08 AM']I say he did too, but do you know how long the training is to be able to copy and paste something...its like a 8 week course...But all jokes aside, this is one sad story...i never thought I would see the day where there would be a shooting after a high school event due to a rivalry...its sad the world we live in...people need to grow up and realize that tomorrows not promised for anyone...so why try to take away someones life when they might not have tomorrow anyways? Its time for high school athletes to pick some positive role models and stop looking at the thugs of the NBA...Athletics, all in all, are on a downward spiral...not just the NBA or major athletics...

825516204[/snapback]

Senior, you are wise beyond words.It makes me see there is hope for the future from the teens b/c of your mature insight. I couldn't have said it better myself. No wonder you are the BOSS.

BTW....I suggest Peyton Manning as a role model for young athletes.

Edited by region4fan

we never said Smyrna is full of projects and disadvantaged kids...doesn't take away from the fact alot of the kids there act in ways they shouldn't. I know that Memphis and DC and other areas are alot worse the case of "your a product of your enviroment" applies in those situations but not necessarily in Smyrna...we don't think that they are the worst compared to Memphis DC or Compton lol but they make other schools in Rutherford County loook bad because of the way they present themselves

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
Senior, you are wise beyond words.It makes me  see there is  hope  for the future from the teens b/c of your mature insight. I couldn't have said it better myself. No wonder you are the BOSS.

BTW....I suggest Peyton Manning as a role model for young athletes.

825517230[/snapback]

Thank you Region, your words mean a lot...I just really think its sad when you have to go through your high school years, which are supposted to be full of fun, worrying about if you go to a sporting event if you will be shot after the game...sick world we live in...at first it was the NBA with the bad rep, well what does this say for high school kids in the world today? NOT MUCH...its time for the youth of today to grow up and realize we are the youth of tomorrow and right now we are making people look down upon us because of a few peoples dumb actions...

Guest region4fan
we never said Smyrna is full of projects and disadvantaged kids...doesn't take away from the fact alot of the kids there act in ways they shouldn't.  I know that Memphis and DC and other areas are alot worse the case of "your a product of your enviroment" applies in those situations but not necessarily in Smyrna...we don't think that they are the worst compared to Memphis DC or Compton lol but they make other schools in Rutherford County loook bad because of the way they present themselves

825517248[/snapback]

But there are lots of good kids in Smyrna too. And lots are on the football team there.

Guest region4fan
some yes....even though they still feel the urge to fight in the parking lot too lol

825517261[/snapback]

When they are provoked......remember they weren't at the game...got called to come.