Brainerd @ Soddy Daisy

simonzander72

What do yall think about this game????

I think if the trojans get hot and can force Brainerd to play a slower pace game, they have a good shot at winning, what do yall think.

Oh BTW, you Ooltewah alumni "oldskewballers" ect... we know what you're going to say that soddy will lose by 20 or w.e. so just try to keep this topic reasonable. thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do yall think about this game????

I think if the trojans get hot and can force Brainerd to play a slower pace game, they have a good shot at winning, what do yall think.

Oh BTW, you Ooltewah alumni "oldskewballers" ect... we know what you're going to say that soddy will lose by 20 or w.e. so just try to keep this topic reasonable. thanks

825515786[/snapback]

Last time I checked Brainerd is the team that tries to play disciplined half court game, probably one of the best zone defense teams in city. Best bet is to try to get them into an uptempo game but that won't work to well either with the athletes SD has. I'm taking Brainerd by 12.

Last time I checked Brainerd is the team that tries to play disciplined half court game, probably one of the best zone defense teams in city.  Best bet is to try to get them into an uptempo game but that won't work to well either with the athletes SD has.  I'm taking Brainerd by 12.

825516108[/snapback]

Brainerd plays half court basketball now... Thats funny when I was in High School Brainerd used to run up and down the floor and put up about 70-80 points a game I guess they dont have the athletes they had back in the 90's

brainerd has been a half court team for at least the past 5 years when i was a freshmen, i dont know before then since i didn't keep up with high school ball then...i mean they lost to howard the other night 38-36, i mean come on, 38 pts in a high school guys game? yeah the game is going to be slow enough as it is, soddy can't slow it down anymore, against brainerd you have to jump out to a quick lead and you have to dictate the style of play, you can't let them get comfortable and get ahead, in their zone you can't play catch up

To bad this game is not for first in the District. Right now Brainerd is First and Ooltewah is Second and Soddy Daisy is Third. Even if Soddy wins they will be still be behind Ooltewah because Ooltewah beat them head to head. Even though Ooltewah lost to Red Bank, Red Bank already has 2 District losses. Yet, if Brainerd wins they remain first in the District until they and Ooltewah meet.

To bad this game is not for first in the District. Right now Brainerd is First and Ooltewah is Second and Soddy Daisy is Third. Even if Soddy wins they will be still be behind Ooltewah because Ooltewah beat them head to head. Even though Ooltewah lost to Red Bank, Red Bank already has 2 District losses. Yet, if Brainerd wins they remain first in the District until they and Ooltewah meet.

825516322[/snapback]

no but still soddy will have the better record and so what if ooltewah beat us that means nothin and this is a distrtict game

Edited by simonzander72

That was a district game too. Both teams would only have 1 loss. Soddy's coming to Ooltewah head to head. So therefore that would push Ooltewah ahead of Soddy in the District standings. Just stating facts.

825516338[/snapback]

yea but when Ooltewah plays Soddy at Soddy there place and Soddy wins then Soddy will be ahead in the District Standings Ooltewah is worn out they have no chance

yea but when Ooltewah plays Soddy at Soddy there place and Soddy wins then Soddy will be ahead in the District Standings Ooltewah is worn out they have no chance

825516351[/snapback]

In what kind of fantasy dimension can you say that SD will beat Ooltewah? Hmmm.. Home court may be good for 3-5 pts but even with the home cooking referee's you still have a ways to go to make up 22. And Insider is correct the game for first in the district takes place at Brainerd when Ooltewah comes to visit.

Last time I checked SD is 11-3 and heading to 11-4 while Ooltewah is 11-4 at the moment against a much tougher schedule. Think you need to wake up before bragging about records.

Have ya'll still not learned that you have to take simon with a grain of salt? i mean come on. This district is a tough district and i think anyone can win on any given night. I know ooltewah beat us by 22, so we really can't say too much but don't act like b/c they whipped us that they are world-beaters. I personally see this being a race for 2nd between ooltewah and soddy, i could be wrong but i guess we'll see!

Have ya'll still not learned that you have to take simon with a grain of salt? i mean come on. This district is a tough district and i think anyone can win on any given night. I know ooltewah beat us by 22, so we really can't say too much but don't act like b/c they whipped us that they are world-beaters. I personally see this being a race for 2nd between ooltewah and soddy, i could be wrong but i guess we'll see!

825516582[/snapback]

For once I think I agree with you, only thing is I see 2nd up for grabs between redbank and Ooltewah with SD battling Central for 4th. But could be wrong.