Can East Tennessee teams compete

toinemac

They could if they could openly recruit....we do it the right way over here: you go to the school you live closest(are zoned) to.

825516742[/snapback]

Dude most of those teams mentioned are from the same city. You dont have to recruit when you got talent and Memphis is always gonna have plenty of good players. There are a few teams in middle and east that can compete but if you take Memphis away west TN is no better than the rest of the state. However I do think west tn will dominate state this year. We have a good chance of winning AA (Bolivar or Raleigh-Egypt) and AAA (I think Fairley will take it but White Station, Northside, and Ridgeway can beat any team in the state on a good day).In A Trenton and West Carroll are really good as well. The recruiting talk is not true and completely uncalled for its just plain ole talent.

There are several pluses to growing up and playing in a small town...I know, I grew up in one.

The players generally have grown up together and played with each other for a long time. They know each other's strengths, and weaknesses in a competitive atmosphere, and they generally have grown up in their roles on the team. This sometimes makes for a chemistry that can defeat superior athletic ability that lacks it.

The fan base and support is greater in small towns. Everybody is behind the team and pack the gym for games. Players get to experience playing in front of big, rowdy crowds and get used to that pressure. They not only represent their team and their school...but the entire town. This builds tradition.

City schools are different. They may be talented, but developing chemistry is a bit harder, and loyalty to a school or a program is sometimes lacking. The gym will be packed for a "BIG" game, but sometimes they play in front of sparse crowds that have very little enthusiasm for what they are doing.

It sometimes comes down to athleticism vs. chemistry, and anyone can win the match. Just take note of the crowds that follow teams to the state tournament. If a small town is playing, the entire town shuts down and the students, parents, and fans go to Murfreesboro to cheer for their team. If a Memphis team gets there, (depending upon the team), there is usually a small fan base.

Don't know which is better, just know that it's different.

There are several pluses to growing up and playing in a small town...I know, I grew up in one.

The players generally have grown up together and played with each other for a long time.  They know each other's strengths, and weaknesses in a competitive atmosphere, and they generally have grown up in their roles on the team.  This sometimes makes for a chemistry that can defeat superior athletic ability that lacks it.

The fan base and support is greater in small towns.  Everybody is behind the team and pack the gym for games.  Players get to experience playing in front of big, rowdy crowds and get used to that pressure.  They not only represent their team and their school...but the entire town.  This builds tradition.

City schools are different.  They may be talented, but developing chemistry is a bit harder, and loyalty to a school or a program is sometimes lacking.  The gym will be packed for a "BIG" game, but sometimes they play in front of sparse crowds that have very little enthusiasm for what they are doing. 

It sometimes comes down to athleticism vs. chemistry, and anyone can win the match.  Just take note of the crowds that follow teams to the state tournament.  If a small town is playing, the entire town shuts down and the students, parents, and fans go to Murfreesboro to cheer for their team.  If a Memphis team gets there, (depending upon the team), there is usually a small fan base.

Don't know which is better, just know that it's different.

825517760[/snapback]

The problem whic is probably more specific to Chattanooga is there are too many schools both public and private and not enough people so all of the districts are watered down look at Memphis there is an abundance of talent, not belittle you and your question/post but the question is almost unecessary because Memphis is nationally known for the basketball talent they have it's like comparing wine to a grape stain, it;s like comparing the ACC to the Sun Belt conference

The problem whic is probably more specific to Chattanooga is there are too many schools both public and private and not enough people so all of the districts are watered down look at Memphis there is an abundance of talent, not belittle you and your question/post but the question is almost unecessary because Memphis is nationally known for the basketball talent they have it's like comparing wine to a grape stain, it;s like comparing the ACC to the Sun Belt conference

825517802[/snapback]

that is the main problem in places like chattanooga, there are too many schools that the kids are spread out through, leaving only 1 or 2 really good players on a team...if the amount of schools were to decrease the talent level of the teams in chatt would increase

that is the main problem in places like chattanooga, there are too many schools that the kids are spread out through, leaving only 1 or 2 really good players on a team...if the amount of schools were to decrease the talent level of the teams in chatt would increase

825517823[/snapback]

Yes I also thinks it takes away from the rivalries which in turns generates less excitement