Clarksville Northeast

stovepipe

The kid showed bad taste with what he did and what you just said was even worse. I know both kids are remorseful now, but they have to live with the stupid mistakes they made. Wrestling and life are similar in that not all calls are correct and a lot will not go your way.

In response to an earlier message, all actions of wrestlers have a direct connection with the coach and the school. The actions of those two wrestlers definitely affect how we, as fans, see the coaches of the school.

They may be good coaches, but that shows they lack something. Either from the wreslter or the team.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid showed bad taste with what he did and what you just said was even worse.  I know both kids are remorseful now, but they have to live with the stupid mistakes they made.  Wrestling and life are similar in that not all calls are correct and a lot will not go your way.

In response to an earlier message, all actions of wrestlers have a direct connection with the coach and the school.  The actions of those two wrestlers definitely affect how we, as fans, see the coaches of the school.

They may be good coaches, but that shows they lack something.  Either from the wreslter or the team.

825530527[/snapback]

Wrong, wrong, wrong. How could the coach have anything to do with his wrestler exploding on the mat??? If I saw correctly, the NE coach was one of the first to jump in there and stop Michael Ligon. Don't see what he really could have done as a coach to prevent this situation, it did escalate pretty darn quick. But the correlation is non-apparent between Ligon's actions and how the NE coach does his job.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. How could the coach have anything to do with his wrestler exploding on the mat??? If I saw correctly, the NE coach was one of the first to jump in there and stop Michael Ligon. Don't see what he really could have done as a coach to prevent this situation, it did escalate pretty darn quick. But the correlation is non-apparent between Ligon's actions and how the NE coach does his job.

825530555[/snapback]

I agree with EMICH. It does reflect. no matter what, a coach is in control of his team.

my guys will tell you right now, if that situation ever happened with my guys, they're glutes are mine! They know if they embarass me or the school, well, let's just say that it doesn't happen. Life decisions are more important than match decisions.

I agree with EMICH.  It does reflect.  no matter what, a coach is in control of his team.

my guys will tell you right now, if that situation ever happened with my guys, they're glutes are mine!  They know if they embarass me or the school, well, let's just say that it doesn't happen.  Life decisions are more important than match decisions.

825530641[/snapback]

Coach Bray and EMICH are absolutely right. The team reflects the attitude and comittment of its coaches and team leaders. Green and Ligon are the team captains and set the example for the younger guys as well as all the team members.

Scooby 05,

What's the deal with Ligon??? Is he off the team for sure or what? Also, what was his take on the incident (what did he tell you)? The both of you are talented and just got out of control at that particular time. If you are given the second chance take full advantage of it and shine the rest of your Senior season. thumb

825529363[/snapback]

Ligon was suspended from school for five days but he and his dad had a conference with the principle and he was only suspended for like 3 days and he is back on the team but he cant wrestle again until regions. I still only know bits and pieces to the story but the main bulk is that it is was more questionable calls by the ref and he and the other wrestler exchanged words throughout the whole match and the other wrestler mad a slightly races comment or something like that and i geuss that put ligon over the edge. but thanks to God we are both back on the team.

Ligon was suspended from school for five days but he and his dad had a conference with the principle and he was only suspended for like 3 days and he is back on the team but he cant wrestle again until regions. I still only know bits and pieces to the story but the main bulk is that it is was more questionable calls by the ref and he and the other wrestler exchanged words throughout the whole match and the other wrestler mad a slightly races comment or something like that and i geuss that put ligon over the edge. but thanks to God we are both back on the team.

825531247[/snapback]

Like I said above, just take this time to get your mind right, priorities straight, and train hard while you're unable to wrestle and come back out on the mat with a sense of purpose. thumb

I believe the kids have realized that their actions were unacceptable, and after their punishment and ordeals afterward have hopefully learned their lessons and have grown from them. As each of us in life have made mistakes we are neither proud of nor wish to relive, we should at least look at this as life long learning experiences, even for those not involved. Life doesn't come with an instruction book, so we learn from our own, and if wise, others experiences. Let us all hope that in the future if these young men and all who have had at least a passing interest in these events who face a confrontational event in work or in life, that they take the knowledge from this and apply, at least, what not to do.

825531247[/snapback]

There was no racist comment or any other verbal exchange at all between the wrestlers. The call by the ref was correct. Ligon was getting frustrated and struck a clear, closed-fist blow to Crossley's gut. The ref appropriately ended the match. Ligon then cold cocked Crossley at the hand-shake and jumped on him in a wild rage.

There was no racist comment or any other verbal exchange at all between the wrestlers.  The call by the ref was correct.  Ligon was getting frustrated and struck a clear, closed-fist blow to Crossley's gut.  The ref appropriately ended the match.  Ligon then cold cocked Crossley at the hand-shake and jumped on him in a wild rage.

825533193[/snapback]

How do you know what was said on the mat? The only people that could know is between Crossley and Ligon. I'm behind ligon. The whole match was real aggressive and both of them was ready to hit each other