Cosby vs. CAK

Kto2122

I think this game will be decided by 10 points or less. I look for the Novikoff and Blakely matchup to be the deciding factor in the game. If either player gets in foul trouble, their team could be in trouble. Second chance points will be big. Both teams have gaurds that can play well and a dominant force in the inside. I think CAK will come out on top by a score of 78-73.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Cosby shoots the ball real well. What can you tell me about CAK? Does either team have any size. Not very familiar with the teams but I am familiar with Coach Flatford from his playing days at Knox Central. How in the world did Central pass on him when he applied for the job a couple of years ago I will never figure out. He is one of the top young Coaches around the state. But Central hires a reject from Jeff. Co. instead of one of their own. I bet he would like to get a game with his ole alma mater so he could show them a thing or two.

The folks in Cosby should count their blessing because they got a winner.

I was going to watch Powell and Fulton Friday but I think I might just drive out to CAK for this big game.

The folks in Cosby should count their blessing because they got a winner.

Believe me, we are grateful to have Brad. Coach Flatford had some big shoes to fill when Manney Moore left. He took a team to the state tournament his 2nd year that wasn't exactly overloaded with talent or depth. I love to watch teams that play great defense and that's one of our big strengths now. I hope he's happy at Cosby and plans to stay for a long time because I've heard nothing but praise for him from players, parents and fans.

I agree that the home court has been a big advantage in this series the last

few years. Let's hope The Eagles can break that trend Firday night.

CAK won the game 59-47. Blakely/Novikoff matchup was rather lopsided. Blakely had single digit points, Novikoff came in with 14 points and more rebounds. But again, in this series, the home team always has the advantage.

825530773[/snapback]

I wouldn't say the match-up was lopsided. Neither player was really as big a factor

as what everybody expected. Both teams knew they would have to stop the big man. I thought Novikoff got away with a few "over the backs" and "push offs" on the boards which lead to a few of his points and rebounds. Also he wasn't matching up with Blakely a few time that he scored. If Blakely would have hit a few short jumpers and got a couple of rolls, he would have put up more points.

cak played good defense but the way The Eagles where shooting tonight we made it easier for them. cak is quick, well coached and athletic. they were the better team tonight.

I look foward to the rematch at Cosby and maybe a game or two at greenback during the tournaments