Friendship-Van Buren

mjca00

If the scoreboard is correct,then Van Buren pulled the upset.

825531001[/snapback]

Van Buren by 5 at Friendship. The Eagles played a great defense in the first half and led by eight or ten at intermission. Went up by 12 to 15, then the refs got involved and tried to even up the score. Van Buren let the calls get to them a little and got conservative against the press and let Friendship get up by 1 or 2. Rigsby picked up his fourth foul early in the third and spent alot of the third and half of the fourth quarter on the bench. But the other players responded at held serve till he came back in the ballgame. THIS WAS NOT AN UPSET!!! THE BEST TEAM WON THE GAME. These boys should've won by more but they still haven't realized how good they can be when they stay aggressive on both ends of the floor. Great game by two good teams. Great win for the mountain boys. I also want to say great job on defense by Stewart, really held Friendship's main threat in check. You could tell he was frustrated a little in the first half. Great job by the Eagles on the foul line also, that may have been the difference in the game.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Buren by 5 at Friendship.  The Eagles played a great defense in the first half and led by eight or ten at intermission.  Went up by 12 to 15, then the refs got involved and tried to even up the score.  Van Buren let the calls get to them a little and got conservative against the press and let Friendship get up by 1 or 2.  Rigsby picked up his fourth foul early in the third and spent alot of the third and half of the fourth quarter on the bench.  But the other players responded at held serve till he came back in the ballgame.  THIS WAS NOT AN UPSET!!!  THE BEST TEAM WON THE GAME.  These boys should've won by more but they still haven't realized how good they can be when they stay aggressive on both ends of the floor.  Great game by two good teams.  Great win for the mountain boys.  I also want to say great job on defense by Stewart, really held Friendship's main threat in check.  You could tell he was frustrated a little in the first half.  Great job by the Eagles on the foul line also, that may have been the difference in the game.

825531130[/snapback]

Eaglebro...explain something to me. You say that the refs tried to even up the score. Explain how that is possible when we had 12 fouls called against us in each half and your team never once reached nine. Explain to me how that is biased.

I would like to say congrats to the Van Buren team...you boys played very well. You are quick off the dribble and worked well in the post. I would also like to say that for such a good team, I have never seen such uninformed fans in my life. You people whine like children. Look at the foul count and tell me how the refs tried to screw you.

As for the best team winning the game, time will tell. Twice we came back from 10+ point deficits, both times without our big man inside. So we'll see...and we'll look forward to coming out there.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Eaglebro...explain something to me.  You say that the refs tried to even up the score.  Explain how that is possible when we had 12 fouls called against us in each half and your team never once reached nine.  Explain to me how that is biased.

I would like to say congrats to the Van Buren team...you boys played very well.  You are quick off the dribble and worked well in the post.  I would also like to say that for such a good team, I have never seen such uninformed fans in my life.  You people whine like children.  Look at the foul count and tell me how the refs tried to screw you. 

As for the best team winning the game, time will tell.  Twice we came back from 10+ point deficits, both times without our big man inside.  So we'll see...and we'll look forward to coming out there.

825532930[/snapback]

The 12 fouls in the second half were due to Friendship fouling at the end of the game hoping to get back in it. At the start of the fourth period, Van Buren had double the fouls of Friendship. I also did not say the "refs tried to screw us", or that the calls had anything to do with the score, I said the Eagles let the refs whistles get to them. I have nothing but nice things to say about the Friendship team, you'll notice I said great game by two good teams. Before the game I felt it would be two evenly matched teams playing and that is what is was. That is why I feel the victory was not an upset. If you will remember, we went on a ten point run of our own with Rigsby on the bench. Good luck to you guys and I'm looking forward to the rematch. thumb

GO EAGLES!!!

The 12 fouls in the second half were due to Friendship fouling at the end of the game hoping to get back in it.  At the start of the fourth period, Van Buren had double the fouls of Friendship.  I also did not say the "refs tried to screw us", or that the calls had anything to do with the score, I said the Eagles let the refs whistles get to them.  I have nothing but nice things to say about the Friendship team, you'll notice I said great game by two good teams.  Before the game I felt it would be two evenly matched teams playing and that is what is was.  That is why I feel the victory was not an upset.  If you will remember, we went on a ten point run of our own with Rigsby on the bench.  Good luck to you guys and I'm looking forward to the rematch.  thumb 

GO EAGLES!!!

825534120[/snapback]

But is FCS looking for the rematch?

Eaglebro...explain something to me.  You say that the refs tried to even up the score.  Explain how that is possible when we had 12 fouls called against us in each half and your team never once reached nine.  Explain to me how that is biased.

I would like to say congrats to the Van Buren team...you boys played very well.  You are quick off the dribble and worked well in the post.  I would also like to say that for such a good team, I have never seen such uninformed fans in my life.  You people whine like children.  Look at the foul count and tell me how the refs tried to screw you. 

As for the best team winning the game, time will tell.  Twice we came back from 10+ point deficits, both times without our big man inside.  So we'll see...and we'll look forward to coming out there.

825532930[/snapback]

What big guy? He might be big but he can't shoot a five footer wide open? Gaines and Neal is the ones we had to worry about not teeter.

Ya'll might have made two big runs thats what good teams do, but ya'll still got beat so them runs ain't gonna worry us. Good game On both sides.