Xavier Webb nets 45 again

gomab2

Xavier Webb hit for 45 points this week against Clarksburg, including 5 threes, in a 14 point win, 79-65... The game puts West Carroll at 16-1, and may have put Xavier solidly in the lead for the Class A Mr. Basketball race...

Xavier is now averaging 26.5 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 6.7 bpg, and is shooting an amazing 49% from threes as a 6'9 forward...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get real. 45 vs Clarksburg? Look, until he shows he can do this vs a power house, then this does not make him Mr. BBall. As far as other players not having big numbers vs weaker teams, their teams might be so far ahead that they are on the bench long before it is over. I've watched Webb play for four years now and contrary to what gomab2 thinks, he is a good player, but not a great one. I know he signed with a big college, but being 6'9 gets a little attention. He better be thankful that he is able to knock down some from outside because he is not strong enough to play inside. The games he played vs Hillsman from Huntingdon the previous three years, he was pushed all over the floor and unable to stop him. Hillsman was about 6'1. Again, not saying Webb is not any good, just not great like a few people think.

Get real.  45 vs Clarksburg?  Look, until he shows he can do this vs a power house, then this does not make him Mr. BBall.  As far as other players not having big numbers vs weaker teams, their teams might be so far ahead that they are on the bench long before it is over.  I've watched Webb play for four years now and contrary to what gomab2 thinks,  he is a good player, but not a great one. I know he signed with a big college, but being 6'9 gets a little attention.  He better be thankful that he is able to knock down some from outside because he is not strong enough to play inside.  The games he played vs Hillsman from Huntingdon the previous three years, he was pushed all over the floor and unable to stop him.  Hillsman was about 6'1.  Again, not saying Webb is not any good, just not great like a few people think.

825529827[/snapback]

Who cares who he has played this year? How many people in the state have scored over 40 points in a game this year??? If someone takes the time to look that up the list wont be very long and if you look for someone who has done it twice it will be even shorter. Actually, i cant think of anyone off the top of my head in west TN that has done it twice this year. His case is very similar to that of Tyler Smith. Both play a weak schedule and have their skills questioned because of that but nobody is doubting the fact that Smith will be Mr.Basketball this year. It's not like he is playin middle school teams or anything. If he wasnt good he wouldnt be playing SEC basketball next year.

When he put those numbers against a decent team everyone might believe the hype until then probably not.

825529663[/snapback]

I have to agree with Wang15 single A basketball at its best is still like a Top level Middle School program in Nashville or Memphis...Gomab is just taking care of his own...cant blame him for that....for a great night try 37 pts and 11 rebounds including 4 3s against the #2 team in the state and thats 3A ball....His name is Matthew Dotson and he plays for Hickman County and they were playing Franklin...Webb's game goes to show the talent level in 1A basketball, they won by 15....Dotson had 37 and lost the game....Gomab talk about talent discrepancy...I think you found case in point (Webb)... I would love to see Dotson in 1A

I have to agree with Wang15 single A basketball at its best is still like a Top level Middle School program in Nashville or Memphis...

825529933[/snapback]

Are u serious? I played middle school basketball in metro at one of the top schools and there would of been no way we could of beat half the single A teams in the state, the number would of been very low if any wins against them. Have u not seen single A teams play. They are some of the most athletic teams across the state and Webb is the real deal.

Middle Tennessee AAA ball, for the most part, would struggle in West Tn Class A!!! In fact, I would have money on West Carroll over Hickman Co... Trenton, West Carroll, Lake Co, Middleton, and maybe another one or two schools, would beat the majority of Middle Tn AAA schools this year...

Dotson has not scored 40 this year: Doaks has done it twice. Dotson has not hit more than 4 threes in a game this year. Webb has done it 6 times, including 7 in a game...

What makes Webb so special is that he can shoot, yet he is 6'9. Does he have work left to do??? Of course he has plenty of work to do, and must get stronger, but he is a great talent, and an absolutely wonderful kid... In fact, what makes this even scarrier is that Webb is a full year younger that Dotson, etc... Webb is even a full year younger than Pierre Niles, who is a grade behind him. Webb will be 17 years old as a freshman in College next year when he arrives on campus...

Middle Tennessee AAA ball, for the most part, would struggle in West Tn Class A!!! In fact, I would have money on West Carroll over Hickman Co... Trenton, West Carroll, Lake Co, Middleton, and maybe another one or two schools, would beat the majority of Middle Tn AAA schools this year...

Dotson has not scored 40 this year: Doaks has done it twice. Dotson has not hit more than 4 threes in a game this year. Webb has done it 6 times, including 7 in a game...

What makes Webb so special is that he can shoot, yet he is 6'9. Does he have work left to do??? Of course he has plenty of work to do, and must get stronger, but he is a great talent, and an absolutely wonderful kid... In fact, what makes this even scarrier is that Webb is a full year younger that Dotson, etc... Webb is even a full year younger than Pierre Niles, who is a grade behind him. Webb will be 17 years old as a freshman in College next year when he arrives on campus...

825530117[/snapback]

Gomab taking care of his own, what else is new. Talking about a good kid I guess you havent met Dotson...he's one of the finest young men around....he know how to act and treat people....I guess they'll just have to square off in the SEC...Oh yeah, I'd be willing to put money that Dotson would be just as successful as Webb if he played A basketball....Webb's tough, but so is Dotson....you take care of yours and i'll take care of mine....