Updated District 3AAA standings

mocs30

OR @ Powell, should be a great one. Anyone have any predictions about the game tomorrow?

I believe Powell can beat em, but they will have to play up to their potential. Powell has to bring their A game or this one could be over quick. Sometimes Powell can seem too relaxed at points and this can't happen tomorrow night. OR can't be lookin past this one either or Powell could take one from the leaders. After Friday nights games, this tight district race could take an even more dramatic turn.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR @ Powell, should be a great one. Anyone have any predictions about the game tomorrow?

I believe Powell can beat em, but they will have to play up to their potential. Powell has to bring their A game or this one could be over quick. Sometimes Powell can seem too relaxed at points and this can't happen tomorrow night. OR can't be lookin past this one either or Powell could take one from the leaders. After Friday nights games, this tight district race could take an even more dramatic turn.

825540303[/snapback]

I'll say this about the Powell/Oak Ridge game. Powell will not be looking past Oak Ridge at all. I also think that if Powell does actually bring their "A" game, they could embarrass Oak Ridge. If fact, I predict Powell wins by 10+.

I guess no one is interested.

Halls has to beat C.C.

Clinton by 1.

Powell wins if Conner gets 12+, Smith and Ward gets to the line 15 times, and Hargis takes care of the ball less than 5 t.o.

825541487[/snapback]

Halls should beat Campbell County.

Karns if they are clicking on all cylinders, but I believe with injuries and illness they will come up short. Hope they prove me wrong.

Powell has the personnel to win and should be the favorite, but will they have the mindset? This could be for the district championship and a glimpse into their tournament future. I'll pick the underdog in a close one.

My oppinion on this whole deal is that Oak Ridge will win the Regular Season District Title an deither Oak Ridge or Clinton will win the Tourney Title. No other team in the District has won a Regular Season or Tournament Title in about 10 years I believe other than Clinton or Oak Ridge, both seem to step it up tournament time if they havent been playing well and I think they should both be predicted to be on top until prooven otherwise.

Clinton 80 – Karns 76

Karns fought hard but lost the game at Clinton. With the score tied 72-72 late in the game the Beavers had two consecutive unforced turnovers that allowed Clinton to gain the lead. Karns again had the ball trailing 76-78, but turned the ball over and the Dragons hit their free throws for the final score of 80-76.

The Beaver loss is a sad ending to a career night by Jody Fersner who scored 48 points. Jody only had five 3-point baskets and got most of his points on drives and 10-foot shots. Jody played his heart out tonight and also had eight rebounds, but need more offensive productions from his teammates, some who passed up scoring opportunities. No other Beaver was in double figures and Joel Miller was next with eight points.

Witt was not a factor tonight, but Dye came to play and I believe had around 27 points for Clinton.

I usually do not complain about the officiating, but tonight the calls were terrible in favor of the Dragons early in the game. I believe Karns had three players foul out to none for the Dragons and the Beavers were tagged with a technical foul.

It’s my first time seeing Clinton this year and I see them as about the 4th or 5th place team in the district. They do have great guard play, but no height will hurt them against bigger teams in tournament play.

Roth did get the staples out of his head today and played admirably, but he is not 100%.

I listened to the Oak Ridge win over Powell on the way home. Powell lost in OT 66-64 and the game could have gone either way. Looks like Oak Ridge is in the drivers seat.

The reason why you probably thought Clinton is about 4th or 5th in the district may be because Dandrus Whitt played a bad game, and also Whitt did foul out so 1 player from Clinton was gone. Also, anyone from Karns cant talk about bad officiating at the other teams home place. Now you may know what its like every game at Karns.

825542031[/snapback]

I graduated from Clinton high school, not Karns!

Now, Now HiawasseeVol - we know where you graduated and we know where your loyalties are now (not that there is anything wrong with that). Karns was 15-19 from the FT line and Clinton was 10-15. To have more attempts on the road and complain about it is a little bit suspect. Jody was phenomenal tonight. The kid lit it up, often with 2 men with hands in his face. To call Whitt a non-factor is also a little bit of a stretch. As I've said before, recently teams have been faceguarding him with little help off of him; that is helping Dye and Dixon with their driving lanes and pull-up jumpers. Additionally, Whitt will typically take up the opponent's best perimeter defender, leaving the 2nd and 3rd to Dye and Dixon. I believe that the recent increases in Dye's production have a lot to do with how teams are choosing to defend Whitt. Bottom line is the Dragons found a way to win despite a huge night from Fersner.

Maybe the Dragons are the 4th or 5th best team in the district and yes there is still a lot of basketball to be played, but as of right now the standings say the Dragons are the 2nd best team (and those are what matter) - we'll see how things shake out because anything can and has happened in this district.

Edited by marcvols

marcvols,

Actually I did graduate from Clinton and attended all four years there. You can ask Mrs. Cobb in the ticket window. :D I went to school when Larry Seivers ruled the backboard and was catching all those footballs.

I was really referring to the non-calls early in the first half mainly against Fersner.

I also didn't mean to diss Witt by my statement, but was just saying he wasn't his dominant self. I always like Dye's game and he is the player that seems to hurts Karns the most in games I've watched. Maybe not always in the scoreboard, but his complete game. I especially like his drives to the hole. Floyd can be proud of that boy.

As for 4th or 5th in the district, that is just the way I see them now that I have had time to watch all the district teams. They are to be commended for being in 2nd place for now, but they are really bunched with three other teams and are one game out of a tie for 4th and two games from 5th. Because I see them as the 4th of 5th best team in the district doesn't mean that is where I want them to place in the race. I still have a son that attends Karns and have enjoyed watching the Beavers over the years. Most of the time I bet on the Dragons to win and my son takes the Beavers. You see, I really can't lose.

Good luck to the Dragons.