Updated District 3AAA standings

mocs30

Here are the current standings, with the remaining district home and away games listed to the side:

Oak Ridge: 13-11 (6-1) 3 home -- Halls, Clinton, Karns; 2 away -- Powell, Central

Karns: 12-8 (6-3) 1 home -- Halls, 2 away -- Clinton, Oak Ridge; would lose a potential tie breaker to Powell (0-2)

Clinton: 11-10 (4-3) 2 home -- Karns, Halls, 3 away -- Campbell Co, Oak Ridge, Powell -- currently have the tie breaker over Powell due to head to head win.

Powell: 12-7 (4-3) 3 home -- Campbell Co., Oak Ridge, Clinton; 2 away -- Halls, Central

Halls: 14-5 (2-3) 2 home -- Campbell Co., Powell, 5 away -- Central, Oak Ridge, Campbell Co., Karns, Clinton -- this team has a ton of games left and could move up the standings quickly . . . or stay where they are.

Central: 5-11 (2-6) 3 home, 1 away

Campbell Co: 5-11 (1-6) 2 home, 3 away

Every team among the top five is still in the race and one of them will not be going to Region. That is scary. Remember that the battle is really for the top two spots because finishing in the top 2 guarantees a bye in the first round of the district tournament and so an automatic entry into the region tournament.

Halls has it really tough with all those road games. Looking at this schedule, this is how I see it playing out in the regular season:

Oak Ridge

Powell

Clinton

Karns

Halls

Central

Campbell County

Edited by mocs30

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the current standings, with the remaining district home and away games listed to the side:

Oak Ridge:  13-11 (6-1) 3 home -- Halls, Clinton, Karns; 2 away -- Powell, Central

Karns:        12-8 (6-3) 1 home -- Halls, 2 away -- Clinton, Oak Ridge; would lose a potential tie breaker to Powell (0-2)

Clinton:      11-10 (4-3) 2 home -- Karns, Halls, 3 away -- Campbell Co, Oak Ridge, Powell -- currently have the tie breaker over Powell due to head to head win.

Powell:        12-7 (4-3) 3 home -- Campbell Co., Oak Ridge, Clinton; 2 away -- Halls, Central

Halls:          14-5 (2-3) 2 home -- Campbell Co., Powell, 5 away -- Central, Oak Ridge, Campbell Co., Karns, Clinton -- this team has a ton of games left and could move up the standings quickly . . . or stay where they are.

Central:      5-11 (2-6) 3 home, 1 away

Every team among the top five is still in the race and one of them will not be going to Region. That is scary. Remember that the battle is really for the top two spots because finishing in the top 2 guarantees a bye in the first round of the district tournament and so an automatic entry into the region tournament.

Halls has it really tough with all those road games. Looking at this schedule, this is how I see it playing out in the regular season:

Oak Ridge

Powell

Clinton

Karns

Halls

Central

Campbell County

825531596[/snapback]

These standings were confirmed by marcvols, so this is current.

Oak Ridge:  13-11 (6-1) 3 home -- Halls, Clinton, Karns; 2 away -- Powell, Central

Karns:        12-8 (6-3) 1 home -- Halls, 2 away -- Clinton, Oak Ridge; would lose a potential tie breaker to Powell (0-2)

Clinton:      11-10 (4-3) 2 home -- Karns, Halls, 3 away -- Campbell Co, Oak Ridge, Powell -- currently have the tie breaker over Powell due to head to head win.

Powell:        12-7 (4-3) 3 home -- Campbell Co., Oak Ridge, Clinton; 2 away -- Halls, Central

Halls:          14-5 (2-3) 2 home -- Campbell Co., Powell, 5 away -- Central, Oak Ridge, Campbell Co., Karns, Clinton -- this team has a ton of games left and could move up the standings quickly . . . or stay where they are.

Central:      5-11 (2-6) 3 home, 1 away

Oak Ridge

Powell

Clinton

Karns

Halls

Central

Campbell County

825531596[/snapback]

If this is how it played out: Central would play CC in the "elimination" game, with the winner playing Clinton in the first round. Karns would play Halls in the first round and the loser's season would end. It is VERY important in this district not to finish 4th or 5th, or you will play a difficult elimination game.

I'm hoping you're right about those final standings, mocs. Something tells me though, that Clinton is gonna get that 2nd spot (like I said though, I hope I'm wrong) my main concern for the Panthers is getting 3rd or better. I think any of the top 5 should have no problem beating Central or CC in a must-win game. But I sure as heck don't wanna play Halls or Karns with a Region berth on the line. Hard to believe that 1 of those 5 teams is going to be watching region tournament.

Powell has CC on Tuesday and Oak Ridge on Friday. Both games are at home, and I look for the Panthers to win both of them.

825532175[/snapback]

mocs,

You need to pump up Lee Smith for the game against the Wildcats and his play against Rick Daniels-Mulholland. Mulholland tends to get into Lee's head and Lee has not handled it well in the past.

Good Luck

What are the matchups for this tuesday night?

825532931[/snapback]

This week in District 3AAA:

Monday:

Oak Ridge @ Jefferson County

Tuesday:

Campbell County @ Powell

Halls @ Central

Clinton @ Cumberland County

Karns @ Webb

Thursday:

Central @ Carter

Gibbs @ Halls

Friday:

Oak Ridge @ Powell

Central @ Fulton

Campbell County @ Halls

Clinton @ Karns

Things should start to clear up some this week. The Clinton/Karns game will huge for determining 2, 3, and 4. Powell and Oak Ridge might be a preview of the district championship game.

Monday

Oak Ridge @ Jefferson County

Tuesday

Campbell County @ Powell

Clinton @ Cumberland County

Halls @ Central

Karns @ Webb

Thursday

Carter @ Central

Gibbs @ Halls

Friday

Fulton @ Central

Campbell County @ Halls

Karns @ Clinton

Oak Ridge @ Powell

Help me out if I missed any..and when's that ACvsPowell game going to be made up?

What is evreyone's predictions on this weeks games?

Monday

Oak Ridge @ Jefferson County - Oak Ridge wins BIG. Oak Ridge surprised me with that blowout win against Alcoa. There overall record isn't that strong, but they are still a great team.

Tuesday

Campbell County @ Powell - Powell won earlier in the season at CC by a score of 72-56. CC has played teams real close but can't seem to pull out wins. They are hot with the win over Karns on Friday and Powell shouldn't overlook them. Regardless, Powell will get the W.

Clinton @ Cumberland County - Haven't heard much about Cumberland County. In Dec. Clinton won by 16 at Clinton. I say Clinton still gets the win, but it will be a closer game than the last one.

Halls @ Central - Big game for both teams. Halls needs a win to help them in the standings. If Halls suffers a loss Tuesday, they could be in trouble with the amount of district games they have left. Central is coming off a close loss to OR, and they played Hall close earlier in the season only losing by 4. I say Halls in a close one.

Karns @ Webb - Don't know a lot about Webb. The other night they took Catholic into 3 OT's I think. Karns will be hot after a disappointing loss to CC. Karns wins.

Thursday

Carter @ Central - Should be an alright game. I will be interested to see who wins. Carter will be coming off of a game against A-E and Central will have played Halls. Central in a good one.

Gibbs @ Halls - I don't think there is a doubt in my mind. Halls.

Friday

Fulton @ Central - Fulton is a very talented and scrappy team. They have got their first loss out of the way and will take it to Central. Fulton by 20+.

Campbell County @ Halls - Again, Halls needs to win these two district ballgames this week. They still have another game against CC, Powell, Karns, Clinton, and OR. CC is won't go away, but Halls wins.

Karns @ Clinton - Should be a good one. Hard to get a win when your at the Den. Karns won in their first meeting 67-58, but Clinton has stepped it up as of late. I'm gonna go with Clinton in a thriller.

Oak Ridge @ Powell - The first meeting was a closer game than the score shows. OR won 64-50. It was a close game throughout, but OR pulled away at the end. This time, I think it will be different. Powell in a hard fought game.