Coach of the Year

HarpethWrestler171

Marty Carpenter of William Blount... They destroyed Maryville  and Sevier County last night to win the district.

825538223[/snapback]

I new there was a reason I liked your posts. Marty did a good job of getting those kids excited to wrestle. Marty was a little more animated than normal this week. A the kids really seemed to feed off of it. There are all ready some people saying Maryville was not @ full strenghth, True, But Injurys are part of this game, and every coach,and every team has to make adjustments. For what ever reason, it was W.B. Day, And I'm Proud to have my son Wrestle for William Blount, Marty Carpenter, Garrick Henderson! thumb

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe one of these

Al Miller - Cleveland

Jeramie Welder - Franklin

Coach Miller - Tulahoma

Coach Peck - Ravenwood

John Mullins - Notre Dame

Coach Harrison - Rossview

All of these coaches seem to have helped their teams to make great strides forward from last year.

825536148[/snapback]

i think coach Bennett from hv ehs helped his team through on and off the mat

not to take anything away from baylor...they have very good coaches...but in my opinion most teams would be pretty good withthe kind of talent they bring in...

825541917[/snapback]

Not to say that Baylor is lacking talent in the room this year, but coach Morgan, Shacck and Russell have turned some relatively inexperienced wrestlers into state contenders, as they do year in and out. There has been a great atmoshpere in the room all year, large number of J.V wrestlers pushing the varsity squad every day.

Humphrey (Maryville)

Welder / Gillespie (Franklin)

Woods (Harpeth)

Harrison (Rossview)

Price (Science Hill)

Bray (Ridgeway)

Miller (Cleveland)

These are coaches that I think have done a great job with their team.

825538074[/snapback]

If your throwing Maryville up there than you need to look at Coach W at Karns and I think you could put Farraguts young coaches in for that.

With the loss of Scott Dix the former 140lb state Champ. They won the District Duals, had their kids come back from the flu out break to win Individual Region,(8 yrs stright) send 8 to state. They had 5 in the finals, one OW and one first year wrestler had best match.

Not bad for two College Kids Giving back to their community.

Coach of the Year

1. Coach Welder / Gillespie (Franklin)

2. Coach Woods (Harpeth)

3. Coach Peck (Ravenwood)

4. Coach Miller (Tullahoma)

825564325[/snapback]

The coach for Franklin Road Academy--- -Marc Taylor----------should be in the mix for this award.

FRA ( 300 students) won the A/AA state Dual Championship beating Springfield ( 900 students) in the finals.

FRA also won the Region 6 Championship this past weekend ---------all schools, large and small----------with Overton and McGavock, two of Region 6's largest schools, finishing second and third. FRA is sending 10 wrestlers to State ( two region champs, four 2nds, two 3rds and two 4ths). Overton is sending 8 and McGavock 6.

Taylor was also named Region 6 Coach of the Year for the second year in a row.