1. Dickson Co. 6-0

2. Clarksville 5-1

3. Henry Co. 3-3

3. Kenwood 3-3

3. Clarksville-Northeast 3-3

6. Northwest 1-5

7. Rossview 0-6

My Selections for ...

Coach of the Year: Kevin Tuck (Dickson Co.)

MVP: Corey Pflieger (Dickson Co.)

All District 1st Team:

Kurt Primm (Dickson Co.) - Junior

Tyrone Caldwell (Clarksville) - Freshman

Corey Pflieger (Dickson Co.) - Rice

Drake Reed (Clarksville-Northeast) - Austin Peay

Thomas Pfaff (Clarksville-Northeast) - Lipscomb

Surprises of the Year:

Clarksville High. The Wildcats lost every player who scored in their final game last year against LaVergne in the Region Tournament. Then one of the only returning players, Alex Witherspoon, torn his ACL during football season. The Wildcats have reloaded and have beaten every team in Clarksville and post a 5-1 record in the district for 2nd place. The road will not be easy though ... Clarksville is on the road for the rest of the season except for hosting Dickson Co.

Kenwood. After losing their best player form last year, Kenwood knocked off Clarksville-Northeast and are tied for 3rd in the district. Their pressure defense really takes opponents out of their game.

Henry County. Not a lot expected of this team, but a big win at Kenwood has put this team in a tie for 3rd place.

Disappoints of the Year:

Rossview. High expectations returning James Bolden, but the Hawks still haven't won a game in the district. Expected to finish in the top 3 of the district, but a loss to lowly Northwest put them at rock bottom.

Northwest. Not much expected of this team after losing everyone from last year's team. But with Chancey Dickerson and Dante' West ... 50 point losses to Clarksville and Clarksville-Northeast are hard to swallow.

What do you think?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good observation, however at this point I think Clarksville's Ted Young is coach of the year at this point. Although, the first half schedule helped his chances with every game except one at home. You're about to see what the Young Cats are made of going on the road. I do agree that Pfleiger is probably the districts MVP but I think Drake Reed is a close second. If you could have a CO-MVP definitely those two. Tyrone Caldwell will have three years to win the MVP of the district.

Its unbelievable how Rossview has fell off the face of the district after really big expectations. This district seems to be more and more interesting every season. Lets see what happens in the second part of the season.

But Ticket I thought those were good points.

Sounds good to me. It is hard to go against Kevin Tuck when his team is undefeated. I just hope someone in this district can win in the regional tournament. Northeast is also a disappointment so far ... Two D-1 signees without any help from their teammates. They were supposed to battle with Dickson for the crown. Tonight's games ...

Henry Co. @ Northwest

Dickson Co. @ Kenwood

Clarksville @ Rossview

Could be some upsets tonight ... all the underdogs are playing at home.

Edited by Midstate

Northeast has BIG TIME Guard Problems, they are a very BIG GIANT disappointment,,, I know Drake wanted to win the District hands down,, but now they are going to need a little Help!!!! ;) Drake & Pfaff reminds me of Sampson & Harris from about 2 years ago,, they were GREAT, but everybody else on the TEAM well they were just on the TEAM!!!!!! ;)

Ticket I like your first TEAM I agree its real close to my 1st Team... I like Freeman on this team I put Primm on my 2nd TEAM but he is coming on strong.. & is one of the reasons why Dickson is playing so well!!! :(

Clarksville Wildcats WOW!!!! the biGGest sleeper of the YEAR!!!!!!!

Not trying to be cocky or irrogant, but Dickson will go undefeated and win the district tournament. They have an all around team. Pflieger is the complete package. Coach kevin Tuck has turned it around this year and deserve " Coach Of The Year".

Go Cougars

825545586[/snapback]

Don't think they will go undefeated, but they will win district. Do not count out Northeast. They have the talent to win tournament. The middle of the district is VERY weak. 4 teams to the region: dickson, NE, Kenwood, and Clarksville. The rest are all lagging behind these guys.

District 10-AAA Standings :

1. Dickson Co. 7-0

2. Clarksville 6-1

3. Henry Co. 4-3

4. Northeast 3-3

5. Kenwood 3-4

6. Northwest 1-6

7. Rossview 0-7

Tuesday's Schedule 2/1/2005

Rossview @ Northeast

Dickson County @ Henry County

Kenwood @ Northwest

Father Ryan @ Clarksville

Dickson County has 2 tough games left ... Northeast at home & at Clarksville. I don't think Henry County can beat Dickson tonight, but you never know when you have to play in Paris. Northeast and Kenwood should also get wins tonight.