macon @ RBS

Blitz1

B)

Yeah, Whit is a big asset but we've got Kelly with a lay-up after all the steals she gets, and she has got a wicked three,  Emily has great penitration, Caylie is down the floor in a heart-beat, and Rachel gets open and handles the ball real well.  And apparently, you guys have never seen our bench.  Ashton averages only 1 turnover a game and 7 or 8 points a game.  Amber has a near-perfect shot and great hustle. Plus, if you are gonna shut Whit. down your are gonna foul her, and she has a great free throw, and we have the best managers in the league.

825541380[/snapback]

All RBS girls put together don't compare to Holly Compton!!!!!!! thumb

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Holly Compton gets better n better everytime I watch them play. It's going to be hard to guard Wix down low RBS don't have the size to control her and if they try to double her Troutt n both Comptons can shoot the 3 just depends on who is hittin.This will be a good game, but I'm going with Macon they have the players and the coach.

Well i'm gonna go ahead and garauntee and RBS victory...so now that I've done that so I don't get embarrassed for the garauntee

825540199[/snapback]

:D ... thumb .

good game...lot better than the boys. pretty big rivalry...i had never been to a MC/RBS game...but i liked the atmosphere.

Nobody showed up, plain and simple, Kelly had a good night but that was it, ah well, you win some you loose some.

825542306[/snapback]

sadler if you are who i think you are you are a disgrace to the RBS girls team people in that town when they lose always want to say that the team did not show up or they got beat because they did not hustle - this is prob why you manage and don't play

it was a good game from both teams - both teams played a good hard game

under some VERY POOR calling from the refs - that was = bad on both sides

it is time that some people in RBS wake up and realize that sometimes you can

play a good game and still lose - also your team needs to learn that everybody on

the team needs to shoot the ball even if they are not always hitting

if you don't shoot you will never win and your coach needs to keep his mouth shut

if a kid misses a shot instead of always putting down people for missing shots or

even for taking them - instead of blaming your girls maybe you all had better look

a your game plan -

I love the excuse barrage you RBS fans put on there. Macon came onto your court and beat you. Thats the second time this year that Macon has beaten RBS. You can always say that one time is a fluke but twice is a trend. Macon is better than RBS this year so get over it. I thought you all played well to tell you the truth. RBS gets so much from their perimeter game and from Jordan freelancing inside and out but when you live with the three as RBS does you will die by it too. The difference was that you all could not match up with Kristan Wix. RBS has always had trouble matching up in the post with Macon and its not always because of the size advantage though Wix and Sircy are a lil taller than what you got out there. Its because Gary Carter teaches low post offense better than around. He makes it hard for anyone to match up with his team. Great game all around, I have seen your girls play a number of times and yes they did play well as did our girls. But don't ruin it with your ignorant "our girls didn't show up" line. I believe thats twice this year that the Tigerettes have taken down the Lady Bulldogs and as I've already stated, twice is a trend.

I love the excuse barrage you RBS fans put on there. Macon came onto your court and beat you. Thats the second time this year that Macon has beaten RBS. You can always say that one time is a fluke but twice is a trend. Macon is better than RBS this year so get over it. I thought you all played well to tell you the truth. RBS gets so much from their perimeter game and from Jordan freelancing inside and out but when you live with the three as RBS does you will die by it too. The difference was that you all could not match up with Kristan Wix. RBS has always had trouble matching up in the post with Macon and its not always because of the size advantage though Wix and Sircy are a lil taller than what you got out there. Its because Gary Carter teaches low post offense better than around. He makes it hard for anyone to match up with his team. Great game all around, I have seen your girls play a number of times and yes they did play well as did our girls. But don't ruin it with your ignorant "our girls didn't show up" line. I believe thats twice this year that the Tigerettes have taken down the Lady Bulldogs and as I've already stated, twice is a trend.

825542766[/snapback]

apparently u missed the 2nd quarter rbs 21 vs mchs 10 .bad calls from the refs didnt help this game at all.rbs stuck in ther until the very end mchs didnt play any better than rbs it just happened that time ran out, also the girl that shot the last shot was over the back and also walked ,so much for refs,as for the mc crowds i would be ashamed if my kids acted like that but they stood over there and supported it thats whats wrong with the world..plus prock over there laughing,and he's suppose to be over both schools,what a crock...

I would not say in any way that RBS didn't show up. The first half was good, but the 3rd quarter only scoring 4 points hurt bad! RBS does not live and die by the 3. AS for that, you have no idea what your talking about! RBS doesn't have one person that is consistently hitting the 3 so for them to "depend" on it would be ignorant! Wix was not over the back because you have to block out first. They simply out played us the last few minutes of the game. They hit the big shots! We didn't! Plain and simple. However, it was by no means Larry Whites fault! If you think RBS players are born with the knowledge and ability, think again. Not taking anything away from those girls, its just that he puts alot of time and effort into them and he KNOWS the game!!!All coaches yell and say things. Thats part of it!!!! I've heard Jim Brown, Rick Insell, and even Pat Summit for that matter say all kinds of things to their players. To me, thats part of getting the most out of your players. And as for him taking people out after missing "a few" shots or making "a few" turnovers, when something isn't working you change it. Thats what he does!!! We have 2 players on the bench that can really spark the team at times so there is nothing wrong with mixing it up!!!

Well I am not tryin to get on here and start any crap,but the last shot that was took was took by me.. I felt i got fouled on the 1st shot i took and didnt get the call.So therefore i worked my butt to get the offensive board and put back... It just so happens i got the basket and the foul..... I think both teams played very hard last night,and both teams had their bad minutes or even quaters.... You talk about how our crowd was...If i aint mistaken i heard quite a few rude comments from RBS'S crowd just as well about our players... I honestly think if RBS's side would have been worried about as much as ours was there would have been a few thrown out from there too...... It just so happens that Prock has a granddaughter that plays so of course he's goin to be cheering and taking up for MC alittle more.... I would like to say that we enjoyed playing in the atmosphere of RBS last night.... Just wish RBS would have shook our hands after the game instead of us coming to them...But i would like to say good game to each team.....

apparently u missed the 2nd quarter rbs 21 vs mchs 10 .bad calls from the refs didnt help this game at all.rbs stuck in ther until the very end mchs didnt play any better than rbs it just happened that time ran out, also the girl that shot the last shot was over the back and also walked ,so much for refs,as for the mc crowds i would be ashamed if my kids acted like that but they stood over there and supported it thats whats wrong with the world..plus prock over there laughing,and he's suppose to be over both schools,what a crock...

825542850[/snapback]

What is everyone talking about, Lafayette and RBS people? This was a great hard fought game by two very good teams and there was not a thing wrong with the officials and how can anyone say RBS didnt show up, they were beating a 2a team for most of the game, but when it came down too it, Lafayette made there shots to win the game and RBS didnt! Anyone that has seen these two play, knows that either team could beat the other one on any given night!

kw i believe you were fouled on the second shot, but not on the first and you did a fine job of grabbing the board and giving you team the opportunity to win! Both teams played there hearts out and this is a big game and everyone knows it, but I did see yall shaking hands so i dont know what that is about? Was there a few that didnt shake your hands or what?

As for the RBS crowd, I was sitting in the rowdy part of the crowd and I never heard anyone make a foul comment, but I do think however threw that bottle on the floor from RBS showed very little class! As for Lafayette, I dont see why people get wound up about the toilet paper, because it makes this rivalry fun, but throwing the balls was a very dangerous thing to do and that was not very classy, just for the pure fact that someone could have gotten hurt, maybe even a small child then it would not have been funny!

But anyways, congrats to Lafayette girls on a hard fought victory and congrats to RBS boys for a good ole fashion whooping!! thumb