McEwen at White House Heritage

timbdp

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the game is over but one more thing has to be said. Mabe Puckett was "hacked" either way hes 6'7 and it shouldnt have happened. I did say he was a great player but without the height hed just be a little better than average. Hes got a good shot but no one is tall enough to get in his view. He can dunk and drive but who cant at the high school level when u r 6'7. I apologize for voicing an opinion. It was a good game by McEwen AND by Pucket. I am not tryin to take that from them in any way. They are a very good team and I honestly wish them the best of luck. To the team and Pucket. O yea and the thing with coach P where sum1 said he spiked the ball and held it is not true. There was one point where he talked to the ref b4 the ball was thrown in but at no time did he spike the ball or hold it and delay the game. There is no way u attended the game and can say that happened. Obviously u wernet there because there was no foul called when Pucket was packed. U must have just "heard" that. Dont say ne thing about a game u werent even at please. If u dont belive there wasnt a foul called watch the tape. I can guarantee u there was no foul called. Thanks and GO PATS!!

825544264[/snapback]

Well congrats you got a pack. Maybe next game yall have, yall can get a pack and a rebound, who knows maybe a win. You can down talk Puckett all you want, I dont think anybody cares. If thats you way to deal with a loss, then hey go for it.

Sportster I highly doubt a rematch in the district tourney.Heritage is much to young, and there are mayn otehr talented teams in the district(Houston County and East robertson.....Along with a dangerous Nashville Chirstian team(that Heritage could like meat in the first round)

825544629[/snapback]

The only team that they may possibly meet in the first round out of those teams you mentioned would be NCS and I doubt that with Heritage already beating Houston County twice this year.... Most likely a matchup with JoByrns or Davidson in the first round...

Still a long way to go in the regular season. A lot of things could happen...

Everybody knows that class A gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to ref's. Friday night was no exception. This was practically a brawl game. McEwan came up with the points when they counted but I've got to say the Puckett kid and the number 33 were just rednecks. Yes, he should have gotten a big T at the end of the game. He was out of control. He gets no respect here. Puckett didn't win the game for McEwen. The outside shooting of number 5 won this game.

TSSAA has got to get some control over their refs. The inconsistancy of the calls is crazy. The kids don't know what to expect from game to game. The charge file on the Slagle kid was one of the worst of the night. The Mc player was moving the entire time.

Rematch next Friday. It should be worth the price of admission.

Everybody knows that class A gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to ref's.  Friday night was no exception.  This was practically a brawl game.  McEwan came up with the points when they counted but I've got to say the Puckett kid and the number 33 were just rednecks.  Yes, he should have gotten a big T at the end of the game.  He was out of control.  He gets no respect here.  Puckett didn't win the game for McEwen.  The outside shooting of number 5 won this game. 

TSSAA has got to get some control over their refs. The inconsistancy of the calls is crazy.  The kids don't know what to expect from game to game.  The charge file on the Slagle kid was one of the worst of the night.  The Mc player was moving the entire time. 

Rematch next Friday.  It should be worth the price of admission.

825545036[/snapback]

Look a here, now we are resorting to name calling. Yall can keep complaining about who should have gotten what or you can move on and be ready for the next game on the scheldule. Everybody should know by now that McEwen is not a one man team.

Yes the game is over but one more thing has to be said. Mabe Puckett was "hacked" either way hes 6'7 and it shouldnt have happened. I did say he was a great player but without the height hed just be a little better than average. Hes got a good shot but no one is tall enough to get in his view. He can dunk and drive but who cant at the high school level when u r 6'7. I apologize for voicing an opinion. It was a good game by McEwen AND by Pucket. I am not tryin to take that from them in any way. They are a very good team and I honestly wish them the best of luck. To the team and Pucket. O yea and the thing with coach P where sum1 said he spiked the ball and held it is not true. There was one point where he talked to the ref b4 the ball was thrown in but at no time did he spike the ball or hold it and delay the game. There is no way u attended the game and can say that happened. Obviously u wernet there because there was no foul called when Pucket was packed. U must have just "heard" that. Dont say ne thing about a game u werent even at please. If u dont belive there wasnt a foul called watch the tape. I can guarantee u there was no foul called. Thanks and GO PATS!!

825544264[/snapback]

Well, I WAS at the game, sitting on the end where Puckett was fouled. Anyone who knows anything about basketball will agree that was a foul. They could not have "packed" him - no one could reach the ball!!! His hands were moving in one direction and his body being pushed in another. Had to be a foul. As you said, your coach did talk to the ref - as he was holding the ball - which did delay game. So maybe you were at the game...you just don't understand basketball! Bad calls were made both ways - very very bad calls. I agree there. Puckett is a great player, people just always hate on the good guy, it's the way things go! Can't wait til next time!!!

Nashville Christian is more likely than JoBurns...Jo burns beat Nc the first game making them ranked 5th at present time. Heritage is likely to finish tied for 2nd with East unless either team beats McEwen. So if they get second they are most likely to play davidson. If they get third, they will most likely play Nashville Christian, unless NC beats JoBurns the next meeting(which is very possible) and win the tie breaker) odds are right now in Jo Burns favor though.

In the tournament I really don't see Heritage beating east in the 2-3 game and Houston County can play with anybody in the district, but can lose to anyone in the district also. East is big and does alot right and with the tourney at East i don't really see Heritage winning the meeting there. HC also has a good chance of beating McEwen, for some reason they seem to get up for that game. If they would do that agianst heritage they would win. East does cause major matchup problems for HC though.