When was the last time Warren Co...

Jbo44

Warren County football may be a lost cause due to its lack of athletes and desire to play in high school. Too many options are available for young men today and football at Warren County High is not one of their first choices. No matter how good a coach may be in his profession, lack of true athletes will defeat any good intentions i.e. Heath Woods. Bobby Luna did a great job as boys' head coach and as point guard on Van Buren's basketball team. However, he left for much greenier pastures in Gallatin e.g. much higher teaching and coaching salaries. Coach Jacobs knows basketball. He was a successful head coach at WCHS in the 1980s. He will clean house if necessary and find the right person for the job. Finally, no succesful established coach will go to WCHS unless the salary and benfits improve. WCHS will only be able to attract locals, assistants, middle school coaches, or troubled applicants to fill its coaching ranks.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren County football may be a lost cause due to its lack of athletes and desire to play in high school. Too many options are available for young men today and football at Warren County High is not one of their first choices. No matter how good a coach may be in his profession, lack of true athletes will defeat any good intentions i.e. Heath Woods. Bobby Luna did a great job as boys' head coach and as point guard on Van Buren's basketball team. However, he left for much greenier pastures in Gallatin e.g. much higher teaching and coaching salaries. Coach Jacobs knows basketball. He was a successful head coach at WCHS in the 1980s. He will clean house if necessary and find the right person for the job. Finally, no succesful established coach will go to WCHS unless the salary and benfits improve. WCHS will only be able to attract locals, assistants, middle school coaches, or troubled applicants to fill its coaching ranks.

825543652[/snapback]

Clean house??? You must be in the family too Bird... They have never went out and got anyone for any coaching job. Have had some of the top coaches in the state apply for certain sports but seems that they're never given a chance.. From what I hear Luna did want the job but wasn't considered.. Doesn't look like the AD is doing what it takes.

don't really have a comment as of yet, but didn't want this post to get lost, so sending it back to the front. However, i disagree warrior, it's not just all talent...Warren Co. has had some decent athletes come through within the last few years, but a lot of it goes back to my earlier post, when they core of good ones get split up due to either choosing one sport over the other, or politics, which has become a huge prob. in Warren Co. there's a lot of well his dad gave us money, trees for our field, etc, or his unlce,dad, grandpa was a well respected so-and-so in the 70s and 80s, therefore we don't want to hurt his/her feelings. Call me crazy or out of line, but I could find you just about every kid who has played one of the big 3 sports the last five years and they'll tell you the exact same thing.

don't really have a comment as of yet, but didn't want this post to get lost, so sending it back to the front.  However, i disagree warrior, it's not just all talent...Warren Co. has had some decent athletes come through within the last few years, but a lot of it goes back to my earlier post, when they core of good ones get split up due to either choosing one sport over the other, or politics, which has become a huge prob. in Warren Co.  there's a lot of well his dad gave us money, trees for our field, etc, or his unlce,dad, grandpa was a well respected so-and-so in the 70s and 80s, therefore we don't want to hurt his/her feelings.  Call me crazy or out of line, but I could find you just about every kid who has played one of the big 3 sports the last five years and they'll tell you the exact same thing.

825544849[/snapback]

Those of us from White County know what kind of athelets you have in the 8th grade. You had a excellent football team and the coach made several changes

between our first and second games which caused us some problems. By the

way had the pleasure of meeting some of your kids and they were impresive

off the field also esp. #34. We are smaller number wise than you guys and our guys

are playing 2 and 3 sports. Just make sure to tell your H_C sportwriter there are no steroids in the Calf-Killer. And if your guys want to play more than one sport

bring tem on th White Co.

Clean house??? You must be in the family too Bird...  They have never went out and got anyone for any coaching job.  Have had some of the top coaches in the state apply for certain sports but seems that they're never given a chance..  From what I hear Luna did want the job but wasn't considered..  Doesn't look like the AD is doing what it takes.

825543731[/snapback]

Luna is at a school that cares NOTHING about basketball..........

OMG, THIS IS A NEW LOW. 67-30 TO THE 7TH PLACE TEAM IN THE DISTRICT!! WITHOUT THEIR COACH!!! HIGH SCORER WITH 6 POINTS!!! 30 POINTS BY A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM THAT WASN'T STALLING, JUST STALLED.

WHAT NOW???

I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU POLE, THE PLAYERS AREN'T THIS BAD LEMONS. WE MAY NOT HAVE A SNEED OR A RAMSEY, BUT THEY AREN'T THAT BAD. WE HAVE SOME PLAYERS THAT CAN PLAY BETTER THAN THIS. MY ONLY EXPLANATION FOR A GAME LIKE THIS IS THAT THEIR MORALE MUST BE AT AN ALL TIME LOW.

WHAT NOW???