When was the last time Warren Co...

Jbo44

1) Hire a coaching staff that will earn the respect of the players, be respectful

to the players, and boost morale.

2) Players need to work as a team, not individuals trying to get in their “deserved

minutes”

3) Learn from past mistakes, and move on!

Good Luck Pioneers on the rest of your season!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK MUSICMAN, YOU'VE GOT IDEAS, LET'S DISECT THEM:

1. GREAT IDEA. DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!? THE PEOPLE AT THE TOP AREN'T GOING TO GET RID OF ANY COACH, ESPECIALLY THE WHOLE STAFF (PARTICULARLY FAMILY).

2. I THINK THE PLAYERS ARE THE ONLY ONES TRYING AT THIS POINT.

3. WHAT PAST MISTAKES?

I DO AGREE ON THE LUCK.

GO GET EM BOYS!!

Ok I have read all the posts on this thread and agree with alot of them! It has been alot about polotics in Warren County for a long time now! Their dad is a member of the county government, or their family donates trees to the programs, or whatever the case there is alot of polotics that go on in WC, but there is seemingly a change going on with the basketball program. Adcock is just a middle class countyboy in WC and he gets the high scorer in the game against the once #1 team in the state. Adcock should be even better next year. I dont think that athletes have to choose between what sports they want to play as far as football and basketball, but when you look at soccer or baseball they usually dont want their players playing any other sports. Yes I totally agree that the county tourney is crazy. I agree with the system that has been initiated on here with the county wide middle school team, but there should be a chance other than jaycee's for kids to play at their elementary schools. This brings in alot of money for the schools and keeps them going. As for some of the boro people on here saying that we should move our good athletes out of the county, that already happens!!! Some of the Boro schools get athletes from WC is the past years. That is another problem with WC's programs, the parents think that if they move to the boro then their kid will get a better chance at a scholarship. That is crazy too, how many kids from the boro schools have went to Div. I schools in the past few years. I think as long as Coach Turner is at WC we should give him our upmost support and if he decides to move on to another program. Then we should give the job to another Chris in the county and some of you WC people know I am speaking of.HAHA!!!!

Center (which btw, i know who you really are, we graduated together) My proposal about middle school teams uniting WILL pay huge dividends down the road. You can bank on that. I think the Sparta fans on here would agree with that, as well as possibly the Cookeville fans.

As far as the elem. teams, yes their best players would be taken off of them to be put on the "all county" team, but the elem. teams would still exist. The kids at the schools would still try out, etc. and it would still be an honor to play for your home school. The overall talent in the (cough*waste of time*cough) county tourny would be down, but the comparative talent level would be pretty even. Soooo, in the end, what you have is:

1- A team of 12-15 of the best players in the 7th and 8th grades on one team playing guys they will face in high school and so forth.

2- You will still have 6 county schools w/ 5th-6th and 7th-8th graders playing one another with however many per team (would of course vary at each school)

and 3-You would still have your jaycee's for guys who either:

*did not make their elem. school team

*kids who play elem. ball and just want to play more bball

*and guys not playing high school who just want some good ol' street, undisciplined ball

Ok I have read all the posts on this thread and agree with alot of them!  It has been alot about polotics in Warren County for a long time now! Their dad is a member of the county government, or their family donates trees to the programs, or whatever the case there is alot of polotics that go on in WC, but there is seemingly a change going on with the basketball program. Adcock is just a middle class countyboy in WC and he gets the high scorer in the game against the once #1 team in the state.  Adcock should be even better next year.  I dont think that athletes have to choose between what sports they want to play as far as football and basketball, but when you look at soccer or baseball they usually dont want their players playing any other sports.  Yes I totally agree that the county tourney is crazy.  I agree with the system that has been initiated on here with the county wide middle school team, but there should be a chance other than jaycee's for kids to play at their elementary schools.  This brings in alot of money for the schools and keeps them going.  As for some of the boro people on here saying that we should move our good athletes out of the county, that already happens!!! Some of the Boro schools get athletes from WC is the past years. That is another problem with WC's programs, the parents think that if they move to the boro then their kid will get a better chance at a scholarship.  That is crazy too, how many kids from the boro schools have went to Div. I schools in the past few years.  I think as long as Coach Turner is at WC we should give him our upmost support and if he decides to move on to another program.  Then we should give the job to another Chris in the county and some of you WC people know I am speaking of.HAHA!!!!

825559299[/snapback]

Chris Madewell is the head football coach. I dont think he'll want tne basketball job too! :lol: