Best guard in Chattanooga

Chattbballfan

Please don't make me laugh. I intended this thread for serious comments only, please. When I talk about the best guard, I think all-around play...shhoting, ballhandling, defense, clutch, leadership, UNSELFISHNESS, etc.

Davis is a stroker no doubt. However, he plays defense like an elementary girl. Easily the most selfish player I've watched in a few years. Makes no one around him better. Not the best ballhandler. Certainly no leadership.  He had very little to do with Grace's success last year. That was all Van Horn and Parsons. Eldridge doesn't even make honorable mention.

825542743[/snapback]

i couldnt have said it better. nicely done.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't make me laugh. I intended this thread for serious comments only, please. When I talk about the best guard, I think all-around play...shhoting, ballhandling, defense, clutch, leadership, UNSELFISHNESS, etc.

Davis is a stroker no doubt. However, he plays defense like an elementary girl. Easily the most selfish player I've watched in a few years. Makes no one around him better. Not the best ballhandler. Certainly no leadership.  He had very little to do with Grace's success last year. That was all Van Horn and Parsons. Eldridge doesn't even make honorable mention.

825542743[/snapback]

Plays defense like an elemetary school girl? He just held Mr. Bailey from pickett county to 8 points (he is up for Mr. Basketball). Grace does an awful job getting him open off of screens and things so he has to create everything. And when he gets doubled he is making someone around him better. Very little to Graces success last year? He was their leading scorer.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Plays defense like an elemetary school girl? He just held Mr. Bailey from pickett county to 8 points (he is up for Mr. Basketball). Grace does an awful job getting him open off of screens and things so he has to create everything. And when he gets doubled he is making someone around him better. Very little to Graces success last year? He was their leading scorer.

825543316[/snapback]

Bailey played about a total of 7 minutes today. That may be why he only had 8 points. I doubt it was Grace's defense.

Bailey played about a total of 7 minutes today. That may be why he only had 8 points. I doubt it was Grace's defense.

825543324[/snapback]

First of all he played at least 15 mins. He only made one field goal. That was first possession of the game. Rest were off of free throws. Im not slamming Bailey im just saying lately eldrdige has been playing much better D. He did well on Sikes and White from OHS has 2 points on him the quarter Eldridge guarded him. Is Davis's D his strong point? No. But its very much improved. And we all know he is very good offensivly.

Never said he wasn't any good, but he certainly isn't REMOTELY close to the best and if I was a coach, I wouldn't want him on my team at all.

825542767[/snapback]

Your talking about Eldridge right? If so I guess we all know why your not a coach. Any coach would want him on his team. Think if he was on a team who could get him open better.

Davis is a good player. He has his weaknesses, but every player around here does. He is a good shooter, and can create a shot whenever he wants it. He has been playing better D this year too. Van Horn and Parsons were big factors on grace's trip to the Boro, but Davis was the leading scorer. And as a coach, i wouldnt care if he was the most selfish player ever if he could score and help get us to the state championship.

First of all he played at least 15 mins. He only made one field goal. That was first possession of the game. Rest were off of free throws. Im not slamming Bailey im just saying lately eldrdige has been playing much better D. He did well on Sikes and White from OHS has 2 points on him the quarter Eldridge guarded him. Is Davis's D his strong point? No. But its very much improved. And we all know he is very good offensivly.

825543347[/snapback]

Who is Sikes from OHS??...And last time I checked White has had 5 strait games of over 20 points, and Grace is 1 of those 5.

825543316[/snapback]

Normally I wouldn't address such an uninformed post, but since someone who wasn't at the game might think I'm stupid, I'll address it.

Bailey only played about 8 minutes. At the most 12. Redandwhites 15 minute claim is hardly believable and even if it is true its only half what Bailey usually gets. Now, 8 points in 8-12 minutes is good. If he played a full game that would be 25-30 points. He only played 8 minutes because the refs cheated. (I'm not biased toward Pickett - check my earlier posts, I wanted Grace to win) Fact is Davis could play good D if he wanted but he is a lazy, selfish, slacker. He did not huslte back on D. I was there I saw with my own two eyes.

Now lets please get this thread back on track to great guard play in Chattanooga. You know the guys from Brainerd, Bradley, Ooltewah, Temple, etc.

hahhhahahahaha your mine is hilarious. and i think you are really cool and i bet redandwhite feels dumb. and i know you are excited because that is what you were obviously trying to accomplish. i know that I, and everyone else on coacht, hold you up on a platform for your witty, degrading comments. oh man, yourmine is gonna go on my profile

Davis is a good player. He has his weaknesses, but every player around here does. He is a good shooter, and can create a shot whenever he wants it. He has been playing better D this year too. Van Horn and Parsons were big factors on grace's trip to the Boro, but Davis was the leading scorer. And as a coach, i wouldnt care if he was the most selfish player ever if he could score and help get us to the state championship.

825543375[/snapback]

The only reason he scores so much is because he jacks up more shots than Allen Iverson. And as far as I can tell the only thing his jacking up of way too many shots has done has helped them get blown out by Valley, Ooltewah, Temple, and McCallie twice.

Let's talk about Oglesby of Bradley though. I think he's only a soph. Think how domonate he will be as a junior and senior.

825543443[/snapback]

I thought that list might help out. I think that Oglesby has more potential talent than anyone on that list. I watched him play the other night and he is amazing. He has a beautiful set shot and is a wizard at creating his own shot. Then he showed me even more when he broke down court and dunked one home. He is about 6'2 or 6'3 and could grow a little bit more. I think that he could go Division 1 and even Major Division 1. He is one heck of a ball player.