Pickett Co.

Bobcat43

According to what I do know -- Pickett Co. got the better deal in the foul department against Grace. Did they not? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The officials called 44 fouls, with Pickett County making 24-of-39 free throws and Grace making 13-of-17.

(source: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_61800.asp )

And so, it sounds like Pickett Co. just needs to work on their foul shots.

I really tried to think this one through for you BobcatFanatic.

825544265[/snapback]

Nope, you've got it oldtime. Calls were missed on both sides, and Grace racked up more fouls. There wouldn't be any discussion about fouls if Pickett hit more of their foul shots.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slys5...no prob for not bein an idiot..but after i say this u may get mad..lol..but in the grace game the refs were horrible..i'm sorry..and i do give my props to Temple and Grace..but the refs at grace were horrible..tryin to call a foul on Jo Bailey and he was sitting on the bench then he called it on T.C. Capps and the foul was really on Lance Staton..then when the coach of grace called a time out he was supposed to get a technical b/c he had no more time outs left..but after the Pickett crowd and Coach Bibb said something bout gettin a technical he took the time out back..and u just can't do that...and some of the calls on Pickett were awful..and i mean some of the calls on grace were bad too..but they were lettin grace push Pickett all over the floor and then when Pickett would push them all over the floor they would call it..they were just awful..they could have had better refs...and also i have to say in the girls game Pickett called time out then was tryin to give the ball to grace after the time out..they were so dumb..i mean thats common sense..hello...gosh..i don't know..but all i have to say is that is behind us and we are moving on..Good Luck Bobcats & Lady Bobcats!

slys5...no prob for not bein an idiot..but after i say this u may get mad..lol..but in the grace game the refs were horrible..i'm sorry..and i do give my props to Temple and Grace..but the refs at grace were horrible..tryin to call a foul on Jo Bailey and he was sitting on the bench then he called it on T.C. Capps and the foul was really on Lance Staton..then when the coach of grace called a time out he was supposed to get a technical b/c he had no more time outs left..but after the Pickett crowd and Coach Bibb said something bout gettin a technical he took the time out back..and u just can't do that...and some of the calls on Pickett were awful..and i mean some of the calls on grace were bad too..but they were lettin grace push Pickett all over the floor and then when Pickett would push them all over the floor they would call it..they were just awful..they could have had better refs...and also i have to say in the girls game Pickett called time out then was tryin to give the ball to grace after the time out..they were so dumb..i mean thats common sense..hello...gosh..i don't know..but all i have to say is that is behind us and we are moving on..Good Luck Bobcats & Lady Bobcats!

825544321[/snapback]

Oh please. Get over the timeout incident. It didn't happen. There is a big difference in making a "X" with his forearms and yelling "Foul! Foul Now!!" and making a "T" with you hands and hollering for a timeout. When Coach Mattheiss wants a timeout he gets in the face of the ref. There was never a time when Coach tried to recall a timeout, he explained he didn't call one. If you don't call one you shouldn't be charged with the timeout. The ref immediatley recognized what happened and overturned his decision.

When were the Bobcats pushed all over the floor? Grace's defense didn't play aggressivley enough to do that.

Being a ref is a hard job, and it gets alot harder when you've got 300 people from 3 hours away trying to get their way.

I was there and i guess i missed grace's defense pushing the bobcats all over the floor. and i seriously doubt that pickett would of beat us by 30 on a neutral court. All i heard about pickett, mainly from teh pickett players on here, were that they were a force to be recognized by all the ignorant people in cheatanooga (hahaha im so clever). and they didnt really play well in either games, so i hate the excuses rolling out now. Temple beat you square up, and grace should of, but both teams made their mistakes.

What exactly does it mean to have good refs? Someone said if the game was at Pickett County they would have a chance or they would have beat Grace worse. I think to most of you having good refs really means calling the game the way you want it to be called, which favors your team. That is not good refering. I am sick of everybody getting on here and blaming someone else for there losses. Why can't we just realize that somebody has to lose. The refs are not perfect, just like we are not perfect, and they do the best they can. They do mess up, but guess what? You do there job if you are so good at it. We are great about telling other people how to do there job, but you do it if you don't like the job they are doing.

Edited by football time

you are right on target. bailey was out of that game for about a minute. i was there and the reason bailey didnt play well is bc temple played good defense on him. so dont even make the excuse that bailey was in foul trouble against temple.

825543754[/snapback]

I was @ the game also, and Bailey was in foul trouble. He did not play very much in that game. If you think that Bailey was only on the bench for 1 minute, maybe your watch needs adjusted.

I agree with posts # 17-18-19-23 & 26. :rolleyes: