CURRENT STANDINGS

Greeneville 7-1

Morristown East 5-3

Cherokee 3-4

Jefferson County 3-4

Morristown West 3-5

Cocke County 2-6

GAMES REMAINING

Greeneville 2/4 Cocke County(H) 2/11 Cherokee (H)

Morristown East 2/4 @ Cherokee 2/11 Jefferson County (H)

Cherokee 2/1 JCHS (H) 2/4 East (H) 2/11 @ Greeneville

JCHS 2/1 @ Cherokee 2/4 West (H) 2/11 @East

West 2/4 @ JCHS 2/11 @ Cocke County

Cocke County 2/4 @ Greeneville 2/11 West (H)

The WINNER IS:

Greeneville 2-0 Final record 9-1

Mo East 2-0 Final record 7-3

JCHS 2-1 Final record 5-6

Mo West 1-1 Final record 4-6

Cherokee 0-3 Final record 3-7

Cocke Co. 0-2 Final record 2-8

Opening Round

JCHS with a margin over Cocke County

Cherokee close @ home over Mo West

SEMI-FINALS

Greeneville big over Cherokee

JCHS upsets Mo. East

FINALS

Cherokee upsets Mo. East

Greeneville big over JCHS

Most improved team from last season Mo. West (not even close)

Hurst will have the Trojans as a regular contender

(Hardest working coach girls or boys in the district)

Most improved team from the bewgining of the season till now

JCHS- Sinard continues to work his magic

Best coaching staff Mo East

Decker and DAG a winning combination

Most Knowledgeable head coach Duncan

The winningest coach in the history of the IMAC

no one has even dominated the league like he has

THE BEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF THE IMAC -no questions

Best young coach Parrott

He will win at his next job.

Coach that does the best in a tough situation

Whaley @ Cocke County

Tough to win there on a regular basis.

Year in and year out

Night in and night out ---has his team competitive.

Coach of the year Duncan -because his team wins the league.

Probably should be Larry Hurst great 1 year turn around

REMEMBER that I am a TROJAN fan

(I have never tried to hid that fact)

ALL DISTRICT

Post player from Greeneville Shumate MVP

Wydner Cherokee (#2 vote getter)

#1 Buckner Cocke County

Dearing JCHS #20

Jeremy Smith Mo WEST

(Those 5 are the five best players in the district)

Champion Greenville

Basil EAST

Shaw EAST

2 more Green Devils

Final #'s 4 from Greeneville

2 from MO East

1 from everybody else

I think Wydner is the best player but if greenevill wins the regular season by 2 games Wydner will not be player of the year.

"To the victor belongs the spoils" Andrew Jackson

IMAC coaches usually go with the winners for player and coach of the year awards.

The Media may name Hurst and Wydner as award winners.

GREENVILLE wins the district and advances to a sub state.

I think everyone is looking past Morristown East. They are a disciplined team. Decker and Berquist will have them ready come tournament time. East is always the underdog.

825544179[/snapback]

I don't know why they would look past the Canes. They have as much talent from top to bottom as any team in the IMAC. It has been a strange year, and anything can happen. South Greene knocks off Greenville by 16 at the Devil's den, but has losses to Claiborne County and Union County who are both below .500 class 2A teams. The Trojans also lost to Claiborne earlier in the year. Just shows anybody can win on a given night.

All predictions based on reasonable conjectures. Very astute and well-taken on most points.

How about something unreasonable, flagrant, and that should not go unpunished, to the tune of being seated on a bench the rest of the season and post-season???? The player that deliberately punched Champion in the face at the G'ville vs. M-town East game Friday should be seated.

That deliberate attack resulted in a concussion, broken front tooth and bruised and cut lip for Champion- not to mention taking out a key player in the adjusted G'ville game (imagine that!!!). The "patsy" sent to the bench to apologize was NOT the perpetrator and fooled no one. If you doubt it, ROLL TAPE!!!!

Would three officials had levied the appropriate call?? Perhaps. However, there were only two officials assigned to this IMAC Championship event!!!!!!!!??????????

Things that make you want to say,"Hm-m-m-"

I think everyone is looking past Morristown East. They are a disciplined team. Decker and Berquist will have them ready come tournament time. East is always the underdog.

825544179[/snapback]

Don't look past Morristown West...they are coming on strong. East get's little respect even when they have a good record . I noticed someone did not list Basil and Shaw in the top 5 ,which is a mistake. An even bigger one is not to include Deadrick. Jeff is a real potential contender. Most think it will be Greenville and Cherokee but you have to look past Cocke County,Mo West ,Mo East and Jeff which could be a mistake. As I said before the bottom 2 teams in regular season IMAC could easily win the district.

All predictions based on reasonable conjectures. Very astute and well-taken on most points.

How about something unreasonable, flagrant, and that should not go unpunished, to the tune of being seated on a bench the rest of the season and post-season????  The player that deliberately punched Champion in the face at the G'ville vs. M-town East game Friday should be seated. 

That deliberate attack resulted in a concussion, broken front tooth and bruised and cut lip for Champion- not to mention taking out a key player in the adjusted G'ville game (imagine that!!!).  The "patsy" sent to the bench to apologize was NOT the perpetrator and fooled no one.  If you doubt it, ROLL TAPE!!!!

Would three officials had levied the appropriate call??  Perhaps.  However, there were only two officials assigned to this IMAC Championship event!!!!!!!!??????????

Things that make you want to say,"Hm-m-m-"

825545144[/snapback]

To make a tragic accident into a deliberate attack is ridiculous. It was obvious to all there that it was a accident. The demeanor and body posture of Basil after was that of someone who himself was shaken and I think he helped him up and apologized. As far as the player who went to the bench to apologize, that was the team captain. Basil was obviously feeling bad and embarassed. Look at the article in the Morristown Paper and interview afterwards

"After scoring the basket and drawing the foul, Basile celebrated with a fist pump that the Greene Devils' Tracy Champion accidentally caught him in the nose and mouth, flooring Greeneville's second-leading scorer and top rebounder.

"I was celebrating after the play and swung down and hit him in the nose," Basile explained. "It was an accident.

I'm sorry that he wasn't able to finish the game.""

Even the Greenville coaches knew it was an accident....roll the tape and you will see.