Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Tops In 1A

1. Donelson Christian Academy (21-0) - Got a big scare from school rival, Franklin Road Academy, but was still able to pull out the win in the closing minutes. Their recent struggles with district opponents could be an insight into the future that a loss may be coming very soon. Their 1st test this week will be region opponent Davidson Academy who comes in riding a 14 game winning streak. Then on Friday it will be another tough district test as the Lady Wildcats have to travel to Ezell-Harding to take on a team that gave them all they could handle in their previous meeting.

2. Trenton Peabody (19-3) - Took down Halls and West Carroll very easily by double digits. Next up for them will be AA rival Gibson County on the 31st who is looking to avenge their earlier season loss to the Lady Golden Tide.

3. Gleason (21-2) - Took down South Fulton easily by 17 in what was a highly anticipated District 15A matchup that didn't live up to expectations. However, the Lady Bulldogs then went on to struggle with Huntingdon before pulling out the win by 11. From here until the district tournament, their schedule should be pretty much smooth sailing, starting with Clarksburg and West Carroll this week.

4. Unaka (21-1) - Blew out Johnson County by 41 to grab their 19th straight victory out in the East. This week they have only one game, but it should be a reasonably tough one as they take on Cosby, a team that has struggled as of late but usually shows up for games against the Lady Rangers.

5. Dresden (21-4) - Took down Bradford by 25 before going on to score a season-high 94 points against West Carroll. This week they will have back-to-back games with Huntingdon on the 31st who could give them some problems and Lake County on the 1st (a team the Lady Lions struggled with in their first meeting).

6. Perry County (17-2) - Played possibly the best quarter they've played all year in the 4th against Summertown to pull out a 4 point win over their arch rival. They then went on to beat up on Columbia Academy by 31 and did so without their leading scorer, Kristal Edney, who was sidelined with a foot injury. This week they'll have an easy game against Hampshire on Monday before taking on Santa Fe on Friday who recently pulled off a shocking upset against Wayne County.

7. Davidson Academy (15-1) - Handled Houston County much easier then expected in a 27 point win over their district foe. Their biggest test of the year, however, is coming up Monday night when they travel to take on the #1 ranked Lady Wildcats of Donelson Christian Academy.

8. Summertown (18-5) - Let the game against Perry County slip away from them in the 4th quarter, thus marking their first loss to a 1A team this year. However, they kept themselves in 1st place in District 12A with a 20 point win over Mt. Pleasant. This week they will have a big game against AA county rival Loretto on Monday, who gave the Lady Eagles a tough game in their first meeting earlier this year. Following that game, they will have an easy game against Zion Christian before hosting Collinwood on the 4th, a team that gave them all they could handle exactly one month ago.

9. Westmoreland (14-2) - Took down both Mt. Juliet Christian and Van Buren County this week to extend their winning streak to 9 games. However, that winning streak could come to an end this Friday when the Lady Eagles host Gordonsville, a team who is itching to avenge a loss to Westmoreland just 2 weeks ago.

10. Chattanooga Christian (13-3) - Took down Sale Creek, Lookout Valley, and Boyd Buchanan all by 20+ points to earn them their 1st top 10 ranking of the season. This week they should get 2 more easy wins against Sale Creek and Whitwell.

Just Missed The Cut: Richland (11), Gordonsville (12), Collinwood (13), Jackson Christian (14), Clarkrange (15)

Wow! You really do your homework

And again, concerning Unaka: The Rangers - boys and girls - have an awfully tough time at Cosby....and every time.

In fact, Cosby, I think, will be the Lady Rangers biggest challenge before tournament time. Cloudland will play them tough, maybe three more times.... but Cosby....@ Cosby.....don't want to think about it.

But again, Great Work.

I am glad to see a Chattanooga team in the top 10 although CCS is probably the only team that would even be remotely close to being ranked.

It is tough to know how good they are. They played some good teams over christmas but other than Tyner it is pretty much cupcake city. Their district and region is so weak.

I hope they do well in the post season. The only game they will be challenged in for the rest of the season will be Tyner.

They should cruise through district and region then have to play a tough team at sectionals. This may hurt them in the long run. I hope they can make it to Murfreesboro. (for Chattanooga's sake)

I think they could play with most of these ranked teams but unless you do, you can't really get a better ranking.

Edited by mtnman

It is tough to know how good they are.  They played some good teams over christmas but other than Tyner it is pretty much cupcake city.  Their district and region is so weak.

825545124[/snapback]

Thank you for being so honest about their schedule. I usually get lots of negative posts about how a team is 16-2, 13-1, ect., and they want to know why that team isn't higher up in the rankings. Well that would be because their schedule is pitiful in comparison to the other teams. I have yet to see Chattanooga Christian this year but since they are playing so well out that way (dominating most of the teams they play) I decided that it was about time they moved up a little. Also, it helps to know that they return everyone from last year's sub-state team. I'm gonna keep an eye on that upcoming Tyner game as it should give me a better insight into just how good the Lady Chargers are compared to other teams from across the state.

I am glad to see a Chattanooga team in the top 10 although CCS is probably the only team that would even be remotely close to being ranked.

It is tough to know how good they are.  They played some good teams over christmas but other than Tyner it is pretty much cupcake city.  Their district and region is so weak.

I hope they do well in the post season.  The only game they will be challenged in for the rest of the season will be Tyner.

They should cruise through district and region then have to play a tough team at sectionals.  This may hurt them in the long run.  I hope they can make it to Murfreesboro. (for Chattanooga's sake)

I think they could play with most of these ranked teams but unless you do, you can't really get a better ranking.

825545124[/snapback]

If these teams would actually play CCS; Dalton dropped them after they beat them two years running, including two years ago, giving dalton their first loss. The good teams, Cleveland, Bradley, will not play CCS.