TIGERS ROLL

4THELUVOFTHEGAME

The Tigers rolled last night over Hickman County.It was their best defensive effort of the season.HCwas never in the game and HC's big man was never a factor.Things are looking good for the Tigers as tournaments are just around the corner.Good luck tigers.Anyone heard about the head football coaching position?Who is the frontrunner?Who has applied or shown interest in the job?Who should get it? :angry:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Eric Pullen get fired???  I hope he did.  I knew something was up when Coach Graves was hired as assistant Basketball Coach.  Look for him to take over as the Head Football Coach next year and turn that football program around

825546593[/snapback]

I heard Coach Graves was only helping because it was so late in the year that they could not get an assistant for the new coach.I hear he is his brother in law,is this true?Why would you want Coach Graves? thumb

Edited by 4THELUVOFTHEGAME

Graves is a heck of a football coach. That is why. i played under him on the jr high level we only lost 4 games in my 3yrs. 2 bowl wins one undefeated season and a championship win over mt juliet the year we were undefeated. Pullen is no were near the caliber of coach that graves is. I have said for the past couple of years that graves deserves the job. and he does!

Graves is a heck of a football coach.  That is why.  i played under him on the jr high level we only lost 4 games in my 3yrs.  2 bowl wins one undefeated season and a championship win over mt juliet the year we were undefeated.  Pullen is no were near the caliber of coach that graves is.  I have said for the past couple of years that graves deserves the job.  and he does!

825546802[/snapback]

Who else is in the running for the job?Anyone else feel this strongly about Graves?Surely someone else has applied? :rolleyes:

Edited by 4THELUVOFTHEGAME

Don't just look at Coach Graves, but look at what he would have as his assistant

coaches...1) Jammy McCloud: an offensive and defensive mastermind. He has been a head coach at Dover Middle and Camden Jr. High where both places he

excelled. Not only is he a great teacher of the game but a excellent motivator too.

McClould loves to motivate and also loves to preach the game of football.

2) Dale Neblett: A master of the 5 wide offense and an excellent in school

recruiter of the kids...Coach Neblett can get kids out to play football even when

the kid is afraid to play a game of chess. Not only has Coach Neblett been a

football coach for several years, but he has been under the leadership of Coach

Graves most of his football career. One more thing that Coach Neblett brings to the

table is that he is an awesome strength coach. Coach Neblett can and will get those Waverly players in tip top shape so that they can be prepared for the battle

in the trenches....

Coach Graves plus Coach McCloud plus Coach Neblett = Many State Tournament

appearances and a State Title or Two.....

What does everyone else think???????

I lobbyed for those guys a while ago what a staff played for neblett as well in my younger years. I know jamie very well also great guy and coach. I see great thing for waverly football if these guys get the job. that was always the problem when pullen was coach he couldnt get the atheletes at waverly to play. you can't go from being unstoppable in jr high to not a contender in high school with the same kids

Don't just look at Coach Graves, but look at what he would have as his assistant

coaches...1) Jammy McCloud: an offensive and defensive mastermind. He has been a head coach at Dover Middle and Camden Jr. High where both places he

excelled. Not only is he a great teacher of the game but a excellent motivator too.

McClould loves to motivate and also loves to preach the game of football.

2) Dale Neblett: A master of the 5 wide offense and an excellent in school

recruiter of the kids...Coach Neblett can get kids out to play football even when

the kid is afraid to play a game of chess. Not only has Coach Neblett been a

football coach for several years, but he has been under the leadership of Coach

Graves most of his football career. One more thing that Coach Neblett brings to the

table is that he is an awesome strength coach. Coach Neblett can and will get those Waverly players in tip top shape so that they can be prepared for the battle

in the trenches....

Coach Graves plus Coach McCloud plus Coach Neblett = Many State Tournament

appearances and a State Title or Two.....

What does everyone else think???????

825546969[/snapback]

With the Lions being an in-region rival beginning next year we hate to hear that Pullen is gone B) ...all kidding aside with Jammy and Dale as assistants half of the work is already done for whomever steps into the H.C. job....Jammy was absolutely amazing with our Jr. Lions with only 1 loss in 2 years and that was to a much larger school in the "Sorgrum Bowl" and Dale is a great person with a great offensive mind....good wishes to the new head coach and to Waverly cause I think this was a change that needed to happen a long time ago...look what a turn around happened with Camden when they finally got a head coach that could get the team all on the same page....I hope we have a great rivalry just like it used to be....maybe with a new coach that can begin again next year thumb