Whats going on with Oneida?

Traveler19

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is, no one considers all the varibles that go into coaching sports. I know everyone in the building thinks they can do a better job, BUT thats because they never have to make the decisions that effect the outcomes of ballgames. They just say they could have made the decision because they would have done exactly the opposite of what didn't work - pure genious! Before you continue to blast off on Coach West, walk a mile in his shoes. Remember - every mistake is magnified, you place peoples perception of you on the performance of 14-18 year old girls, if someone misses an assignment its two points or a turnover, and be sure to have your PhD handy in case, heaven forbid, two girls don't get along. Left to their own devices, without interference from outside variables, you would be surprised by what coaches can accomplish.

thumb Kaz's Two Cents thumb

I could see this thread if Oneida wasn't winning games but they are. They haven't played their best against some teams but could easily take the district and region tournaments. Also, I don't think there is too much "I" in this team. Besides Bond making the threes no one knows who is going to have the big game. This is a team of shooters and athletes who is going to be a good team in the tournaments, just give them time.

First of all, Ro you are an idiot. I am getting sick and tired of getting on here and listening to you run your mouth like you know everything there is about sports. I am a big Oneida supporter that don't get to see every game but always follow the Indians in all sports. My whole reason for starting this post was to get some feedback on why people thought the Lady Indians were being allowed to play more selfish than they had in the past. Never said anything about the county girls being there or where they would be without them. Just wanted to start a post and get some feedback.

If you're such a big fan then why do you hate on the team and the coach. You can say what you want to me even though my comments were not even meant for you but to the person who said something about the county girls. When you refer to them playing selfish basketball I'm guessing you mean more one on one offense. Why not do this? We have some girls who are very good off the dribble and that opens up the three for Bond off their penetration. This is a young team with one senior and two juniors the rest are sophs and freshmen. I just don't think you shoud jump to conclusions just yet.

Traveler, you said yourself that you hadn't been to many games this year. Perhaps you should get out to more. There is a very strong chance that, in about 10 days from now, Coach West's team will have claimed its second consecutive district tournament championship. And we're questioning the man's ability to coach? Ro said it best . . . It'd be one thing to question his style if they were losing, but the Lady Indians are faring quite well in their district, and they're doing it with a team laden with freshmen and sophomores. I'd say Coach West is a fine coach.

My question is why start this thred, do you think coach west will get on here and say you know i should listen to this person that is not there every day, never took a team to state, never sent girls to play ball in college, and never won a coach of the year award. he is a student of the game, and knows more about the game and spends more time thinking about the game than me and who ever is hating ever will. yell at at a sr. for screwing up or even a jr. but how do you think a sophmore responds to that, and the last time i checked sophmores make up about 4/5 of the starting line up. be ready to put your foot in your mouth when he has the best team in the state next year.

I really think OS will be somewhat surprised at what is waiting for them the next several years at OHS. I personnally know Coach West and Coach Wright run their business with class, and they will have their teams competative with each other year in and year out. The present rivalry on the Jr. High level with these two programs only makes the future more exciting for both Lady Bobcat and Lady Indian Fans. Last years game at the sectional tournament was a classic, and few people expect this years game to be any different! OS and Oneida should both benefit in the years to come based on the present success that their Jr High's are experiencing. Good Luck to both teams on Thursday, as well as the two teams in the Sectional at Catons Chapel.

thumb Kaz thumb

The Lady Indians are doing pretty good and appear to have team unity. Coach West is a great coach who has proven this. And now, as has been the case in the past it's tournament time and they always seem to pick up the intensity. The group of youngsters under the direction of Coach West and Coach Marcum definitely have potential for future success. Each player has continued to improve on their skills throughout the year and that is always a plus.

As far as the Oneida / Scott thing, it really disturbs me that that is even still being mentioned. Last I heard ALL the students that had transferred from county to city are very pleased with where they are and have no regrets. I'm very glad to hear that.

As I have mentioned before I wish the Lady Highlanders the best and I honestly believe they do have some very talented athletes with the potential to win just as other teams do. They also have a great coaching staff to guide them.

And for the Lady Indians and coaching staff. Keep it up. Work hard. Play hard.

To all SENIORS.....make the most of what you have left.

To the Traveler19....what the heck.....this whole thread was a waste...oh well. Enough said. :ph34r: