McEwen-Heritage

mactownwarrior

How can you say this team has no GREAT athletes and that they wont get better? Look at the improvement they have made from last year to this year with the exact same athletes. Slagle, Hill, and Jarrell are all GREAT athletes or STUDS as you might call them. Next year McEwen will win about half there games and thats it. But enough about the future. Big game Friday night at McEwen and ill be there to support. Pats by 3.

GO PATS!!

By the way....What is the reasoning of your name being Maize and Blue?

Edited by allregionpatriot#3

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have no great studs!!Studs are players like puckett or even bell(when he is on).Guys who can win games by themselves,no matter what they throw at them. Don't go and say that hill or anyone of those guys is a better player than either of these guys. He recieves no where near the attention from the opposing team, and is not as athletic as either. A stud is when every player in the district knows your name.Im betting none of these players names are known by half the players in the district. Gain respect by playing, or what other teams say about you...don't go running your mouth on how good your team is.Let others talk about your team or your teams players like they do about puckett and bell!!

Edited by GotGame

They have no great studs!!Studs are players like puckett or even bell(when he is on).Guys who can win games by themselves,no matter what they throw at them. Don't go and say that hill or anyone of those guys is a better player than either of these guys. He recieves no where near the attention from the opposing team, and is not as athletic as either. A stud is when every player in the district knows your name.Im betting none of these players names are known by half the players in the district. Gain respect by playing, or what other teams say about you...don't go running your mouth on how good your team is.Let others talk about your team or your teams players like they do about puckett and bell!!

825561433[/snapback]

I agree!!! Why can't people just accept the fact the McEwen Warriors and Puckett are a good team? Geeez. 2 things about the last time McEwen and White House played. 1. Puckett may very well have a bad attitude sometimes. If an average player got pushed around like he does and nothing was called, and on the other end...he taps someone on the elbow and gets a foul called - THEY WOULD BE FRUSTRATED TOO!!! 2.Nobody in White-House gym blocked his shot. That's the dumbest thing posted on here. Also, White-House is a very good team. Maybe not the tallest, but very athletic. I enjoy watching them play. Get it? I can appreciate a team - wherever they are from - with good athletes. And finally, (my last thought) I like when Daniel is out on the perimeter. If a team plays us man - sure stick him inside and post some little kids tale up. Score every time. If not, let him get out and move - remember just because he is tall, doesn't mean he can't shoot the 3, and hes got a nice jump shot from the elbow as well. I like when Warden is inside and Puckett is out!!! Look forward to the game tonight!!!!

McEwen has a good team...  But in a way they have cheated themselves... Instead of playing the best competition in getting ready for tournament time they have played relatively weak teams....  Their Strength of Schedule ranks 100 out of 104 teams in "A"....  I wish them well in the tournament but they havent taken the step to prepare them for being a tough tournament ready team...

I agree McEwen doesnt have the toughtest schedule but they made sure at the end of the season it would be tough scheduling Heritage Fairveiw CPA and Creekwood to end the season and as far as the game goes its McEwen's senior night and they can reach 20 wins tonight so look for McEwen's seniors to stand out I say  McEwen by 8

For this reason they are vulnerable any night they step on the court....  Such as the case with Houston County....

I have to pull for Heritage in this one because they are the underdog....  And they will be ready to play....  While McEwen was taking a 2 week break for Christmas Heritage was taking on very tough "AA" and "AAA" teams in the Overton Tournament....

You have the chance to be a VERY GOOD team McEwen but you just havent taken all of the steps to develop into a GREAT TEAM.....

825556177[/snapback]

I have to tell you that everyone in the region knows the Heritage players by name.

I don't see Daniel Puckett's name on the top 3 point shooters list.Three Heritage players are ranked on the Tennessean web site. Hill hit 9 3's against Houston Co. and scored thirty points. I would say that is athletic. The Heritage team is well coached and very determined. They whole team is good, not just one player. They will be ready for a win tonight.

Don't underestimate Heritage. You hope you don't catch them on a night when everyone is shooting well. When Heritage is on, they are one of the toughest teams around. With McEwen you know who is going to put up points - Puckett, Puckett, Puckett, Puckett, and then Elrod. With Heritage, any one of 4 guys can score 30 on any knight! You just hope they all don't feel it against you. If they do, its lights out McEwen. Oh and by the way, everyone in the district knows about Hill and the Jarrell brothers! Heritage take it at Puckett everytime. He will do 1 of 2 things: 1, foul you and he's gone or, 2, stand straight up and not foul and give up the shot! Either way you come out on top! Good luck Heritage! And by the way, I'm not from heritage!! :lol::lol: thumb

Don't underestimate Heritage. You hope you don't catch them on a night when everyone is shooting well.  When Heritage is on, they are one of the toughest teams around.  With McEwen you know who is going to put up points - Puckett, Puckett, Puckett, Puckett, and then Elrod.  With Heritage, any one of 4 guys can score 30 on any knight!  You just hope they all don't feel it against you.  If they do, its lights out McEwen. Oh and by the way, everyone in the district knows about Hill and the Jarrell brothers!  Heritage take it at Puckett everytime. He will do 1 of 2 things: 1, foul you and he's gone or, 2, stand straight up and not foul and give up the shot!  Either way you come out on top!  Good luck Heritage! And by the way, I'm not from heritage!! :lol:  :lol:  thumb

825561971[/snapback]

does 8 blocks mean anything to you? Does that mean that he gave them the shot? Heritage won though

Edited by warriorfan#1

McEwen has a good team...  But in a way they have cheated themselves... Instead of playing the best competition in getting ready for tournament time they have played relatively weak teams....  Their Strength of Schedule ranks 100 out of 104 teams in "A"....  I wish them well in the tournament but they havent taken the step to prepare them for being a tough tournament ready team...

For this reason they are vulnerable any night they step on the court....  Such as the case with Houston County....

I have to pull for Heritage in this one because they are the underdog....  And they will be ready to play....  While McEwen was taking a 2 week break for Christmas Heritage was taking on very tough "AA" and "AAA" teams in the Overton Tournament....

You have the chance to be a VERY GOOD team McEwen but you just havent taken all of the steps to develop into a GREAT TEAM.....

825556177[/snapback]

Looks Like My Theory May Have Some Merit!!!!

If things plays out like it should there will be a Co-District Champions this year in 10 "A"....

Good Win for Heritage

Good Luck McEwen against CPA... Sikes kid will be a challenge....

Edited by Sportster

Im not saying that no one from heritage is a good ball player, all I am saying is that they have no stud players.The puckett, bell, or even fosnas(wrong spelling i assume)(from east). They have some good shooters, and good single A role players.The hill kid is the only kid who has put up 30 this year, i bet. The jarell(not sure of the spelling) brothers are decent players. Ok this is a better assumtion of what i mean by a STUD..Could any of Heritage players put up 25 agianst a decent AAA school or a pretty good AA school?the answer is probably not.Could puckett,bell or fasnes?Probably.Single A is a different world.Heritage is not a bad team,but they won't be just so great because they have young players.Yes they will grow a little and get smarter, but they don't have any players that are ready to sign D1 scholarship , and i don't forsee any of them doing so.Good players, good team concept.NOT STUDS!I will say hill is impressive on nights, jarell brothers are decent at best!Oh yeah congrats on the win tonight agianst a very talented Mcewen, at mcewen.Did trey smith play?

GotGame, It doesnt really matter whether or not they are "scholarship" material considering most of them are sophmores and juniors(with the exception of A.Jarell) they still play as a team and beat McEwen. Even if they do have Puckett(obviously the God of McEwen fans) they still managed to lsoe to Heritage. Although I'm sure they will give us a pretty good excuse on why they lost.