Westmoreland clinches District 8A title

srfreagle14

I would have to go with Westmoreland for the simple fact that Pickett goes into every postseason as the "top dog" and always either has a huge letdown or have been overrated all year. This year will be no different. I am not saying for sure that Pickett will lose to Westmoreland, but I am saying that if Pickett gets lucky and make it to sub-state, they will lose there. They are the Colts of high school basketball. They can have the MVP and best coach but just can't pull it off. Anyway, this thread is about Westmoreland, not Pickett County.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the baller has some issues about pickett and can't open his eyes wide enough to see the whole picture. pickett is good but they play a fast paced game and when westmoreland slows the game down and plays defense, and takes only good shots then pickett will definitly lose if they aren't on a great shooting night. they just don't have the shot selection or defense that westmoreland has. i agree that bailey probly could beat anyone on the westmoreland team but he can't beat the whole team and westmoreland always plays as a team! it's a team game no matter who your players are!!!

I would have to go with Westmoreland for the simple fact that Pickett goes into every postseason as the "top dog" and always either has a huge letdown or have been overrated all year. This year will be no different. I am not saying for sure that Pickett will lose to Westmoreland, but I am saying that if Pickett gets lucky and make it to sub-state, they will lose there. They are the Colts of high school basketball. They can have the MVP and best coach but just can't pull it off. Anyway, this thread is about Westmoreland, not Pickett County.

825556524[/snapback]

Pickett is a victim of their success in years past. They dominated this region for so long that people automatically assume they will win it every year. In the past they have had they athletes that stood head and shoulders above everyone else. They combined that tallent with great fundamentals and won alot of games. They are still very good, but others in the region have caught up, either athlete wise or how they play on the court. That doesn't mean that Pickett has a letdown or is overrated, it just means there is more than one team with the ability to win. thumb

Westmoreland is playing in a district that is way down from what they have been. Pickett, though they don't play a whole lot of defense, still has too much for Westmoreland. Someone brought up the point about East Robertson beating Westmoreland over at the Nera White tourny, East Robertson is a pretty good basketball team and is better than anything Westmoreland has seen this year other than Pickett back early in the season. Against East Robertson (a team that I think isn't all that disciplined or well coached but do have an abundance of talent) they looked overmatched. They couldn't handle the height that ER brought and defensively they didn't look very good either which was strange for a Westmoreland team. I just don't think they are really that good this year.

Westmoreland is playing in a district that is way down from what they have been. Pickett, though they don't play a whole lot of defense, still has too much for Westmoreland. Someone brought up the point about East Robertson beating Westmoreland over at the Nera White tourny, East Robertson is a pretty good basketball team and is better than anything Westmoreland has seen this year other than Pickett back early in the season. Against East Robertson (a team that I think isn't all that disciplined or well coached but do have an abundance of talent) they looked overmatched. They couldn't handle the height that ER brought and defensively they didn't look very good either which was strange for a Westmoreland team. I just don't think they are really that good this year.

825559373[/snapback]

That is ridiculous!! some of the district is down-yes, but Van Buren is better than a lot give them credit for and Friendship is very tough. 8a is a whole lot tougher than the 7a teams that Pickett is playing night in and night out. Your comments are laughable.

Man Eagle you need to get your facts straight. The Eagles would not stand a chance against Pickett Co. they are a whole lot better ball club than the one in westmoreland I have seen westmoreland play and i am not that impressed with Custer he hasn't shown anything like he did last year. Perry is a good ball player but the Eagles still don't stand a chance against Bailey and Pickett Co. just face the facts Pickett is deff. the better team!

825556363[/snapback]

will you give it a rest? do you honestly believe westmoreland doesnt stand a chance? they're both good teams. upsets happen, so to say that westmoreland would wouldnt stand a chance is pretty messed up. you must be a pickett co. fan.