Temple vs Ooltewah

volsbigd712

Temple's ability to actually play as a team will win them the game. Caleb is by far their best player, but he does what it takes to win. While temple doesnt have very many flashy players, it seems as if they have the perfect ones to fit THEIR system.

Ooltewah does have athleticism on their side, but temple isnt too shaby. Im not sure who will guard who, but the match-ups shouldnt be too mismatched. temple hasnt had trouble with any big men this year so far, so i dont really see it happening.

Good luck to both teams, I am looking forward to seeing this game.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.k here is what I think will be the match-ups and Who I think will have the edge on who.....

Caleb Skogen vs. Brandon Brown- Brown is so quick and can handle the ball better then anyone in the city. If you let him get in the paint then he can kill you, or if you give him the little J from the elbow. But he can't shoot from outside that elbow. Caleb Skogen is one of the most talented players in the city, he is quick as well, but the difference is that Caleb can shoot and thats why I think Caleb has an edge over Brown...But very close.

Dee Newson vs. Wes Murray-Murray is a better shooter, Dee is a better ball handler, but they are both pretty good defenders. I think that Murray has an edge over Murray because he is better shooter but I think that this one is very close as well.

Sean Wadley vs. Chris Foster- I think this is probably the best match-up of all. Both are tremendous shooters. I think that Wadley is probably a little better defender but I think Fosters physicallity gives him an edge when he has the ball in his hands and on defense as long as he isnt in foul trouble. I think this will be a fun match-up. It is as even as any.

Seth Skogen vs. Courtney White- Both players can step outside and knock shots down and both are good underneath. I have to say White wins this match-up though. I think that White is to athletic for Seth facing the goal or with his back to it. I just think White has the ability, much like Caleb to take a game over at anytime.

Zach Mouw vs. Curtis Porter- Once again I think that Ooltewah has the edge. Porter is just to big and physical for Mouw. I would even take the Westbrooke guy in the match-up. Mouw is a good underrated player, but not a AAA post player.

As for who will win this game...I am not sure I think it will be a close Temple win or an Ooltewah win by ten or so....

You are a cocky little fella arent u.......    How are u so sure of your self......    i saw temple play baoyd 2 times this year and they did great..... but boyd stinks and i honestly think that temple is not what they are said to be........    Skogen is really good though and i think he will do well.......

825559494[/snapback]

What makes you think I'm a "little fella"?

And yes, Temple is what they are said to be.

Seth is overrated....

Wadley -- not a real good athlete . . . .

Newson -- way too small . . .

Mouw -- Again, I think overrated . . . .

For Ooltewah, it comes down to three matchups:

White against... Mouw? C. Skogen? S. Skogen? and some have said Wadley... you gotta be kidding me on the last one.

Porter vs. Mouw -- edge Porter

Brown -- Temple does not have a guard who can contest his speed and agility.  Not a great shooter, but if you let him inside 15 ft.  watch out; he can play 4-5 inches taller than he actually is.

As for teams: I will give Temple the edge as a team; they play great team ball.

Ooltewah has an edge in athleticism, and if they find a rythm they are devestating offensively.

Temple is consistent every night; Ooltewah... who knows, unbelievably erratic.

Again, if both teams play to their full potential, I think Ooltewah wins by 8-10 pts.

825559464[/snapback]

Well, I really don't know where to start -- but you definitely have not seen Temple play this year, have you?

Seth is overrated? That's your first ignorant comment, but not the last.

I guess I'll leave it with that.

O.k here is what I think will be the match-ups and Who I think will have the edge on who.....

Caleb Skogen vs. Brandon Brown- Brown is so quick and can handle the ball better then anyone in the city. If you let him get in the paint then he can kill you, or if you give him the little J from the elbow. But he can't shoot from outside that elbow. Caleb Skogen is one of the most talented players in the city, he is quick as well, but the difference is that Caleb can shoot and thats why I think Caleb has an edge over Brown...But very close.

Dee Newson vs. Wes Murray-Murray is a better shooter, Dee is a better ball handler, but they are both pretty good defenders. I think that Murray has an edge over Murray because he is better shooter but I think that this one is very close as well.

Sean Wadley vs. Chris Foster- I think this is probably the best match-up of all. Both are tremendous shooters. I think that Wadley is probably a little better defender but I think Fosters physicallity gives him an edge when he has the ball in his hands and on defense as long as he isnt in foul trouble. I think this will be a fun match-up. It is as even as any.

Seth Skogen vs. Courtney White- Both players can step outside and knock shots down and both are good underneath. I have to say White wins this match-up though. I think that White is to athletic for Seth facing the goal or with his back to it. I just think White has the ability, much like Caleb to take a game over at anytime.

Zach Mouw vs. Curtis Porter- Once again I think that Ooltewah has the edge. Porter is just to big and physical for Mouw. I would even take the Westbrooke guy in the match-up. Mouw is a good underrated player, but not a AAA post player.

As for who will win this game...I am not sure I think it will be a close Temple win or an Ooltewah win by ten or so....

825559667[/snapback]

You have done your work nice. The differance between Caleb and Brandon Brown is much mroe than you gave it. Its not very close Caleb is a much better player. I also think the matchups should have been Dee v criter and Sean vs wes. but nothing big.

You have done your work nice. The differance between Caleb and Brandon Brown is much mroe than you gave it. Its not very close Caleb is a much better player. I also think the matchups should have been Dee v criter and Sean vs wes. but nothing big.

825559736[/snapback]

\

If that was the case the I would give the edge to Foster over Newson and Murray and Wadley would be the one that would be a heck of a match-up. Although I think Wadley might be a little better shooter than Murray on a consistant basis. Murray can get hot though.