Happy Valley or Unicoi

lilflipper81

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully it was a great game from both teams. I am surprised that HV came out that agressive at the first, and Unicoi didn't. What it all came down to was which team could shoot better? And tonight it seemed to HV. Hopefully in the Districts maybe Unicoi will be able to hit something. Great job by Unicoi shutting down Caldwell. Even though Ike Weaver had some bad charges called against him HV shut him down pretty good to. Should be a great game in the District Semi's. Unicoi should come out fawless in Districts though, "Offense wins games, but Defense wins Championships."

Truthfully it was a great game from both teams. I am surprised that HV came out that agressive at the first, and Unicoi didn't.  What it all came down to was which team could shoot better?  And tonight it seemed to HV.  Hopefully in the Districts maybe Unicoi will be able to hit something.  Great job by Unicoi shutting down Caldwell.  Even though Ike Weaver had some bad charges called against him HV shut him down pretty good to.  Should be a great game in the District Semi's.  Unicoi should come out fawless in Districts though, "Offense wins games, but Defense wins Championships."

825563814[/snapback]

yeah, some of the charges were a little close, but rutledge also got called for a few senseless blocking fouls. he was just playing close defense and there was a little contact. either way, the fouls were pretty even. neither team was on, did unicoi hit a three? i know hv only hit maybe 2-3. id think that if they get another chance at each other, it will be a much higher scoring game.

yeah, some of the charges were a little close, but rutledge also got called for a few senseless blocking fouls. he was just playing close defense and there was a little contact. either way, the fouls were pretty even. neither team was on, did unicoi hit a three? i know hv only hit maybe 2-3. id think that if they get another chance at each other, it will be a much higher scoring game.

825563818[/snapback]

I'm not sure if they hit a three or not. Corn couldn't get into his rhythm outside the arc, and that hurt us a little.

actually, i did not think it was a great game from either team. both teams are much better than they played. i think the crowd made both teams a little uptight . h.v stepped up and made all the big plays in the game. u.c never got anything going offensively. h.v a little better, not much. i hope they see each other again, and whoever wins......destroys the cougars!! are either of these teams ripe for a first round upset?

the semis are lookin like hv vs. unicoi and central vs. hampton/volunteer that one is a toss up hampton has not been playing well as of late but either has volunteer the falcons seem a little bit more athletic and hampton with the loss of honeycutt will make a huge impact.

with district 2 not lookin very strong it is very possible 2 district 1 teams with a substate game.

actually, i did not think it was a great game from either team.  both teams are much better than they played.  i think the crowd made both teams a little uptight . h.v stepped up and made all the big plays in the game.  u.c never got anything going offensively.  h.v a little better, not much.  i hope they see each other again, and whoever wins......destroys the cougars!!  are either of these teams ripe for a first round upset?

825564252[/snapback]

why dont hv and uc put both there teams togather and then try to beat central since one cant do it by themself. 13-1 CHAMPS

I see a Central-Happy Valley match-up in the finals. I think the Cougars will have the edge, regardless of who it is, due to the intense rivalry that exists between the Blue Devils and Warriors. It is going to take a lot out of whichever team wins that semi-final contest. People are correct about the Cougars being vulnerable. I really don't like the fact they are playing either Hampton or Volunteer. The Bulldogs gave them all they wanted the last time they played. As for the Falcons, I can see them going in with nothing to lose. And I don't know how serious the Cougars will take them, considering how bad they beat them last week. They could be lulled into a false sense of security and then BAM!, Upset City!! Either way, Good Luck to all the teams. It has been a fun year and have enjoyed seeing all the teams from this area play. Parents and players alike from every school should be thankful for the coaches from each school. All of them are class acts and are as fine a group as any in the state.

I cannot seeing Elizabethton beating Unicoi at home. Last time we played them be beat them by like 25. I cannot see HV beating Unicoi at home again either? But whoever wins that game I can predict will upset Central because their a little cocky about this Conference. They don't stand a chance next year in the Big 7. What is their record playing against them this year 1-4? I think Unicoi and HV both stand a better chance in that Conference.