Division II brackets

whiskeyjoe

The DII brackets are posted.  Apparently, unseeded wrestlers were placed in the brackets by blind draw without any consideration of their records.

825561807[/snapback]

Whiskeyjoe,

Those are the rules as stated in the TSSAA handbook. It stinks but that is what we have to live with. Unless you are a medlaist or have beaten a returning mealit you go blind draw and may get the #1 seed first round even if you have a 32-2 record.

Where are you finding the brackets though? I went to the TSSAA site and clicked on their brackets link but there are no links to hte brackets from there that I can find. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind I just had to refresh the page...

Edited by WrestleSBA

Whiskeyjoe,

Those are the rules as stated in the TSSAA handbook.  It stinks but that is what we have to live with.  Unless you are a medlaist or have beaten a returning mealit you go blind draw and may get the #1 seed first round even if you have a 32-2 record.

Where are you finding the brackets though?  I went to the TSSAA site and clicked on their brackets link but there are no links to hte brackets from there that I can find.  Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind I just had to refresh the page...

825561831[/snapback]

Who would have ever thought that Baylor's 103 pounder Whitaker would have to wrestle Alsobrooks from CBHS first round. Something is wrong with this.

Who would have ever thought that Baylor's 103 pounder Whitaker would have to wrestle Alsobrooks from CBHS first round. Something is wrong with this.

825561871[/snapback]

Agreed. There should be some sort of record consideration at 103, a weight in which there are very rarely any returning medalists. Whitaker and Alsobrook is one that I would have thought would be a finals match...That's just plain rediculous.

Agreed. There should be some sort of record consideration at 103, a weight in which there are very rarely any returning medalists. Whitaker and Alsobrook is one that I would have thought would be a finals match...That's just plain rediculous.

825561958[/snapback]

Yeah that kind of stuff happens every year. It's pretty pathetic. 140 and 152 are a mess too. It happens. Something needs to be done about it in the future. They (the TSSAA) say that they're going to fix it every year, but I just think it has gotten worse.

Yeah that kind of stuff happens every year. It's pretty pathetic. 140 and 152 are a mess too. It happens. Something needs to be done about it in the future. They (the TSSAA) say that they're going to fix it every year, but I just think it has gotten worse.

825561998[/snapback]

According to the TSSAA, its up to the DII coaches to make the reccomendations. They just enforce the rules. Just remember its not what you do this year, its what you did last year. I wish the corporate world worked that way.

Most of the time, but they still award metals thru 6th place so that they can seed you next year.

825562433[/snapback]

It still is not fair. Morales (Father Ryan) is a second seed and has earned it. Whitaker (CBHS) is a second seed and has earned it. You would think the TSSAA can use more reasoning. The TSSAA is notorious for not correctly seeding wrestlers because of some nonsensical format. It has been flawed since wrestling was incorporated into high school sports in Tennessee. Changes need to be made,and now.

It still is not fair.  Morales (Father Ryan) is a second seed and has earned it.  Whitaker (CBHS) is a second seed and has earned it.  You would think the TSSAA can use more reasoning. The TSSAA is notorious for not correctly seeding wrestlers because of some nonsensical format. It has been flawed since wrestling was incorporated into high school sports in Tennessee.  Changes need to be made,and now.

825562442[/snapback]

Do you mean Whitaker from Baylor? I am assuming you said CBHS since he is wrestling Alsobrook of CBHS first round, which yes is a very bad draw for both of them.