District 9 AAA

timbdp

My buddy, baseball wizard, isn't talking about off field problems like star pitchers getting caught drinking, but never missing a game ( this happened about 4 or 5 years ago)- Ohio St.), or players cursing at the top of their lungs running down the first base line (this is usually a yearly occurence) or even flipping the crowd the middle finger. In one case in Memphis, it was reported a pitcher shot a bird at an opposing coach. Hendrix don't have a clue what goes on in the dugout, on the field, or off the field. OR does he not want to know??? I have also personally witnessed a pitcher smile at a coach just before he intentionally plunked an opposing hitter. I thought some of this may stop when Coach Garner left, but it hasn't. He has also been the recipient of some great kids coming thru the program. None of which did he do much with as far as teaching. First he has jeff parsons come thru and then Darnell's bunch, and now he will be the benifactor of Coach White's efforts. Great motivator, but not a great coach, IMO.

Returning 8 seniors, 7 from last year and 1 that had to sit for transferring. as well as 2 Juniors that were every day players. Also returnign the shortstop and one of the outfielders.

825578552[/snapback]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who lost the most from last year? Which team has the best young talent?

825572267[/snapback]

White House only graduated 4 seniors last year but they were four key guys. The biggest of them all of course is district MVP for the past 2 seasons, Justin Pickett. They also lost their ace in Shane Toole who went 12-2 last season I think. Lost their lead-off man in Chase Reynolds and their starting CF in Robert Hunter. They're starting shortstop coming into this season quit because of football and as of right now they're #1 pitcher Cody Sullins is out with a shoulder injury. Another big injury to this years team was they're best outfielder Kyle Halvorson broke his elbow during football season and was suppose to make a full recovery by baseball season but had a set back and had to have more sugery on the elbow. So in best case scenario he'll be back by mid-April. On the bright side, White House returns both Cody and Cory Sullins. Starting JR third baseman Cory Allen and P/RF Kevin Whittaker. The middle infield we'll be played by JR 2B Jordan Smith and SO SS Zach Miller. Both have to step up and fill some big shoes left by Broadrick and Reynolds. They have a solid catcher in Jeremy Wiss who backed up arguably the best catcher in the midstate last year in Pickett. This season should be interesting to find out how White House we'll do.

My buddy, baseball wizard, isn't talking about off field problems like star pitchers getting caught drinking, but never missing a game ( this happened about 4 or 5 years ago)- Ohio St.), or players cursing at the top of their lungs running down the first base line (this is usually a yearly occurence) or even flipping the crowd the middle finger. In one case in Memphis, it was reported a pitcher shot a bird at an opposing coach. Hendrix don't have a clue what goes on in the dugout, on the field, or off the field. OR does he not want to know??? I have also personally witnessed a pitcher smile at a coach just before he intentionally plunked an opposing hitter. I thought some of this may stop when Coach Garner left, but it hasn't.  He has also been the recipient of some great kids coming thru the program. None of which did he do much with as far as teaching. First he has jeff parsons come thru and then Darnell's bunch, and now he will be the benifactor of Coach White's efforts. Great motivator, but not a great coach, IMO.

825579073[/snapback]

I am totally at a loss. For several years, I've seen what Hendrix does with the talent he has, read about him in the newspaper, and listened to people on CoachT discuss his positive attributes. And now I find out that his players are rude and crude and are never disciplined for any of their horrible behavior. Hmmm.

Here's a few thoughts:

1.) What drinking 4-5 years ago? What does Ohio State mean in this instance?

2.) If Hendrix "don't" have a clue, then how does the "benifactor" (sic) of all those middle school greats (and agreeably good coaching), turn so many of them into college prospects? (And why would these same coaches send their kids to him?)

3.) As far as past players, do you think maybe their choices, desires, abilities (or lack thereof) had anything at all to do with where they ended up?

4.) I don't like slamming any high school coach, player, or even umpire that's out there giving it their best. Year after year after.....

I am not slamming anyone, just telling it like it is, those rose colored glasses don't see much do they? You must be a newcomer to HS baseball if you don't know what I am talking about. When you say I am slamming players -- that's why names aren't mentioned. These are my opinions, you don't have to agree.

He has not turned kids into college prospects, as I have stated, they have been and are well coached by other people before during and after they get to Hville HS.

Ask some of the other coaches in the district what they think of how the players act on the field. Kids go where they are zoned, where their parents went to school. Trust me when I tell you, it has nothing to do with coaching. Again, he is a great motivator, kids play hard, but he is not a great teacher of fundamentals. - especially hitting. Send him to a small school wehre talent is not as available and he would not win very much. Again, IMO he just isn't

The best coaches in this district are Mark Purvis, Steve Williams, Mark Mills

I am totally at a loss.  For several years, I've seen what Hendrix does with the talent he has, read about him in the newspaper, and listened to people on CoachT discuss his positive attributes.  And now I find out that his players are rude and crude and are never disciplined for any of their horrible behavior.  Hmmm.

Here's a few thoughts:

1.) What drinking 4-5 years ago?  What does Ohio State mean in this instance?

2.) If Hendrix "don't" have a clue, then how does the "benifactor" (sic) of all those middle school greats (and agreeably good coaching), turn so many of them into college prospects?  (And why would these same coaches send their kids to him?)

3.)  As far as past players, do you think maybe their choices, desires, abilities (or lack thereof) had anything at all to do with where they ended up?

4.)  I don't like slamming any high school coach, player, or even umpire that's out there giving it their best.  Year after year after.....

825580783[/snapback]

Rocketlauncher,

Yup, I'm definately a newcomer to 9AAA baseball. I've only been involved in it since the early 80's so you may have a point.

And no, you don't name or slam any players. Just one coach. So you've got me on that too.

Students in Sumner County can get papers to go "out of zone". If they go straight from middle school to their new school, they don't lose their eligibility. Why not go out of zone to avoid a coach that lacks what you want/need? (And why do kids leave other schools to play baseball there?)

Drinking, Ohio State (closer to 10 years ago). (Might be genetic...) Kid was suspended, can probably find out how long but I'm growing weary of this.

Wish I had some insurance/assurance that you aren't who I think you are. (Because if so, I think I've already heard all of this. Same stuff/different coach.)

On a completely different and more pressing note, did anyone from 9AAA get in a scrimmage today? I think Beech was playing (and maybe Gallatin?) but I haven't heard any results yet.

why is everyone so fast to count LaVergne out...... they have good players that work well together... i would say they work just as well together as Beech does.... and also why do you think White House will be so bad this year?? i don't get that, i honestly think that our district is the toughest out there, i feel the only week spot might be Gallatin, but who knows, with our district, this year they could pop up and beat everyone, you never know

why is everyone so fast to count LaVergne out...... they have good players that work well together... i would say they work just as well together as Beech does.... and also why do you think White House will be so bad this year?? i don't get that, i honestly think that our district is the toughest out there, i feel the only week spot might be Gallatin, but who knows, with our district, this year they could pop up and beat everyone, you never know

825587769[/snapback]

I totally agree. Lavergne is always one of the scrappiest teams we play. This district from top to bottom can play with anyone. Hopefully you are wrong about Gallatin, but you are definitely correct in saying that anybody can beat anybody in this district. Just ask White House last year. Gallatin will be solid this year with a few holes. They will start all juniors and 1 sophomore. If their pitching holds up, they will be pretty good. MJ and Beech though have to be considered as the favorites with what they have returning.