District 1-AA

gooseman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say you are pretty close Gooseman. HV is loaded with returning players, most of them very good players and has all kinds of pitching. When Caldwell is on the mound they beat most anybody. UC has a good group back and Baxter is back at the helm and thats a big plus. North's got some pitching and some good players back. When Hinkle is pitching they're one of the better teams. Volunteer is young but has one of the better pitchers in the league (Smith), and a couple of two year All- Conference players (Fleming & Frazier) back so their success will depend on some of the Juniors stepping up. (Three of those Juniors did get a lot of playing time last year so maybe that will help). I don't know much about JC other than they had a very young team last year and they have a pretty darn good coach. Central lost a lot but Krantz is a very good coach so he will have them right in the thick of it. Buchanan is a quality pitcher for the Cougars. I don't think Betsy or Hampton are real strong but they will always battle with you. Betsy lost some good players to graduation. Hampton had one pretty good pitcher but I'm not sure if he graduated or not.

This should be an exciting year, a lot of good teams coached by some very good coaches.

Co Champs Unicoi Co. and Happy Valley, everybody else is playing for second

Edited by DandDD

Gooseman I don't know all the players names so I'm just throwing out the ones I do know. Hopefully everyone can help add to this list as this thread continues.

Pitchers Caldwell & Toney- Happy Valley, Hinkle- S North, Buchanan- S Central, Smith- Volunteer,

Position players IF- the SS for HV (I don't know his name but I'll know by the time the season starts), IF Pederson- Unicoi Co., IF Fleming- Volunteer, IF Frazier- Volunteer, C-DH Quillen-S North, OF Blakely S North. DH Roberts- Volunteer

I know there are some other great players in Carter and Johnson Counties and at Unicoi Co. and I'll learn their names as the season goes along.

Pre-season Coach of the year Charlie Baxter -UC

Player of the year Todd Caldwell - HV