140 Fender (KAR) vs. Southwood (MAR)

145 Tisdale (KAR) vs. Scandlyn (KIN)

152 O'Hern (BEA) vs. Hall (MAR)

160 Gratz (WB) vs. Joslin (KIN)

171 Knox (FAR) vs. Morgan (UNI)

189 Cable (MAR) vs. Reviez (FAR)

215 Reveiz(FAR) vs. Dixon (SEY)

275 Hazlett (UNI) vs. Vandergriff (HAL)

These are just my predictions. Upsets can and will happen. If these stand correct then:

William Blount (4 finalists)

Maryville (4 Finalists)

Farragut (6 Finalists)

Karns (3 Finalists)

tke thats 8 Stright region Championships, for your 3rd place pick.

Edited by rigger101

Rigger,

I was not picking Farragut to finish 3rd. I was predicting the amount of finalists each team would have in no particualr order. If you look at the amount of finalists that I picked for Farragut it is obvious I felt they were going to win it. I knew the entire season that Farragut was the best team in Region 2 and they proved it last night. Good luck at the state tournament and bring home some hardware. So, calm down Riggs :)

Edited by tke

Rigger,

I was not picking Farragut to finish 3rd.  I was predicting the amount of finalists each team would have in no particualr order.  If you look at the amount of finalists that I picked for Farragut it is obvious I felt they were going to win it.  I knew the entire season that Farragut was the best team in Region 2 and they proved it last night.  Good luck at the state tournament and bring home some hardware. So, calm down Riggs :)

825564186[/snapback]

Yeah, I was wondering about that! But I just wanted to check. I knew you would reply if that was not the case. We may not be the best dual team because of all the empty weight classes but we do have some good/great wrestlers.

Now if we can find and keep kids out in every weight we might be able to make some noise at the Duals next year. With the Reviez brothers at the Top of the brackets and Farranilla, Turner and Demi @ at the bottom all we need to do is fill in the middle weights.

We will miss our seniors, Dix, Knox, Mountain, Blankenship and Layton next year. Hopefully all the JV folks come back to fill some of those weights.

Edited by rigger101

Yeah the vandergriff-hazlett match was very tough, they both had escapes at the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd periods, then hazlett was "stalling" and it gave a point to vandergriff, i'm not sure about it though, it was a tough call , then they both stalled and it was 3-2, vandergriff then recieved two points with like 10 seconds left in the mach and that made it 5-2. i wish the match had come down to a takedown instead of stalling, it would have made for a better match but it was still exciting. good luck to both at state.

Yeah the vandergriff-hazlett match was very tough, they both had escapes at the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd periods, then hazlett was "stalling" and it gave a point to vandergriff, i'm not sure about it though, it was a tough call , then they both stalled and it was 3-2, vandergriff then recieved two points with like 10 seconds left in the mach and that made it 5-2.  i wish the match had come down to a takedown instead of stalling, it would have made for a better match but it was still exciting.  good luck to both at state.

825564293[/snapback]

What was their earler match results?

not sure exactly but hazlett won both first time something around 7-3 the first time and last time it was 3-1 hazlett but i'd like to see them wrestle again and let them decide. as for the stall call that vandergriff recieved to go ahead, it was questionable but i'm not trying to take anything away from at all! it happened and then hazlett went and drove big john out of bounds trying to score. anyways, two good heavys who i see both placing this year and hopefully a champ. good luck