Rockwood Tigers

themagicrooster

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a beautiful day for baseball..Willis hit one out and everyone else hit well.  Freshmen saw a lot of action today.  Zach Duncan relieved Chandler on the mound and done a fine job. McCreary and Cooper saw action on the mound as well.  Good job Tigers keep up the good work.

GO TIGERS!

825588757[/snapback]

I'm sorry!! Like I said I still dont know all the freshmen I thought someone said McCreary was pitching!! sorry for wrong info.

GO TIGERS!

rockwood is returning 4 starters in the field and 3 starting pitchers. i look for this game to be the best in the lookout valley tournament. i always like going down there and playing in that tournament. the field is beautiful. how many pitchers does MP have coming back this year. i heard they had a good one last year, but dont know if he graduated.

as many as they want!! when you do the roster on here, it has a list of these athletes you choose from and they are or have been involved in another sport . it wouldnt let me enter the freshmen not on that list nor change positions on some of them. sorry to offend anyone, but i tried. i have tried to fix it but cant. if you can fix it go for it!

GO TIGERS!

we tied the game friday night with cumberland county 0-0. we had played our 5 innings and nobody had scored. it was a pitchers duel for the most part. dan chandler, corey payne, and zach brazeale pitched real well for us. oh and by the way brazeale will have alot of touchdown passes, but not sure how many will be to curt boston. boston is more of a blocking TE. but its baseball season so lets stay on the baseball. rockwood plays O.S today at 4. should be pretty good. cya there.

we tied the game friday night with cumberland county 0-0. we had played our 5 innings and nobody had scored. it was a pitchers duel for the most part. dan chandler, corey payne, and zach brazeale pitched real well for us. oh and by the way brazeale will have alot of touchdown passes, but not sure how many will be to curt boston. boston is more of a blocking TE. but its baseball season so lets stay on the baseball. rockwood plays O.S today at 4. should be pretty good. cya there.

825615704[/snapback]

That was a miserable afternoon for baseball!! The weather was so wierd! Sunny...then cold as sin and snowin... :P

Rockwood blew out Oliver Springs 16-2 today in a game in which coach Lane played all 24 players on the roster! The tigers had a different lineup every inning with a different pitcher every inning as well. Its still hard to say who the regular lineup will be since the basketball players (Payne, Gilmore, Morgan, Willis, Breazeale, and Boston) just joined this week and have not yet practiced. But a couple of things are becoming very clear. One, the tigers are a talented team and look to have what it takes to make their annual trip to the state tourney again this year. Two, this may be the deepest team coach Lane has ever had with 24 players on the roster (14 of which are promising freshmen). They are also deep in pitching with seniors Payne and Chandler leading the way and junior Michael Gilmore and freshman Zach Breazeale all posting impressive outings in this weekends tournament. It will be interesting to see how good this tigers team can be once the basketball guys some some work in practice and coach Lane sets his lineup and pitching rotation. This week the tigers have home games against Sunbright and Webb as well as a JV game against Webb. They will also be hosting the Roane County tournament this coming weekend. By this time next week, we should have a better idea of what the tigers are capable of doing this year.