best field in chattanooga?

nokona2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Grundy County's field is beautiful, and there are COUNTLESS hours spent on the upkeep behind the scenes (and by volunteers) to make it look that way.  Lots of people don't realize what it takes to make a field look nice, and anyone that does that hard work should take pride in what they have done!

825568507[/snapback]

wow that might be the field that i hate the most... the infield is like running at the beach, thus no one can steal... the infield and outfield grass is just like a pasture, if it is wet the ball dies, and if it is dry, you get bad hops... terrible

1. hixson

infield improvements: 24 tons of dirt added to bring the dirt level up to the infield grass, and completely scrapped the old turf and resodded the infield using a level giving it a 2 degree decline from all angles of the pitchers mound, new drainage installed last year...

outfield improvements: new sprinkler system installed throughout the outfield last year

2. lookout valley - nice field with smooth surface. i believe they have a clubhouse.

3. ooltewah - from the website you can see that they have added dirt and done some construction work

4. soddy daisy - i believe they are working on the dugouts some, and i noticed last year that the infield grass was in good shape; however, i wish they would create a dirt basepath

5. red bank - new clubhouse being built

any other improvements, please post...

If Walker Valley is considered to be in the Chattanooga area, you have to add them to the list if not the top. They have one of the nicest facilities anywhere around. They have recently added a locker room with two indoor cages and extra room for tees. The locker rooms are nicer than most college locker rooms. And the field you don't even have to ask about. Coach Turner practically lives at the field keeping it in perfect shape. It is a privilege to play on WV's field.

Baylor is making many new additions to its field this year. Adding a great field lighting setup. Lighting will be the best around. Two new batting cages with padded turf for surface. Playing field turf will be great this year. New wind screen and fence guard safety cap around outfield fence. Baylor has always had the great classic club house looking dugouts. The field is placed in a beautiful location on the banks of the Tennessee River with Signal Mountain and Lookout Moutain cast in the scene off 1st base. Baylor Lake off to center field. I believe all who see Baylor's field this year will be impressed. Baylor's field could be a little deeper so to keep hitters honest. All of the fields talked of about are nice and have their distinct feel. Lookout Valley's Coach really takes good care of the field and I have never seen it looking bad. Coach Turner of WV really takes pride in all his baseball club. He liked the training building at Pigeon Force very much. He may have one by now. Ooltewah's field is in a nice setting. The field itself looks to slope alot toward outfield. The pitchers rubber looks as if it is below home plate. I know it not to be so if measured for grade, but the illusion of the field slope makes it seem so from the right field seats.

Play---Ball...have fun!

Edited by RedAceFan