best field in chattanooga?

nokona2

A good way to know if it came from McKenzie is by the name of the field. Toby is a very generous man, but he also likes for everyone to know it. I have not noticed any signs on the baseball field mentioning the McKenzie name like there is on their football field. The man who deserves all of glory is Mike Turner. Thats why the sign at Walker Valley Reads "Turner Field." If he really gave Bradley as much money as I have heard, I wouldn't doubt it if it became McKenzie Baseball Field. Kinda like the UTC Arena is called McKenzie Arena.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guy's need to get your story's straight. There has been NO McKenzie $$$$  used on the "Baseball" field at Walker Valley. Not that there hasn't been some healthy contributions, but don't give credit to the wrong people. And I'm not so sure this is Coach Turner's last year after all.

825571322[/snapback]

IT didn't come from McKenzie.....the Walker Valley money is Kugler money! A LOT of it!

For those of you that haven't been there since last year, wait until you see what improvements have been done at Red Bank. First class locker room, 2 full size throwing lanes for inside pitchers workouts or batting practice, large storage area for field maintenance equipment and an absolutely beautiful press box and coaches office.

If the thread was for top facility in Chattanooga, I would put Red Bank in the top 2 or 3, without a doubt.

The only, only suggestion I would have for their field is to remove the grass from the baselines.

Kudos to the Red Bank boosters for everything they have done! I'm sure it was without a single penny from Hamilton County.

Edited by catsbackr

yes.. backr agreed. i first mentioned the clubhouse, but thanks to you we all know about the rest of the facility. i am sure everyone will enjoy playing over there sometime this season. and your'e right, like soddy, red bank should remove the grass from the baselines. both schools would benefit from it.

pretty self explanatory??? best field in chattanooga???

obviously i'm biased and will go with hixson simply b/c i am aware of the overwhelming amount of time spent on improvements and upkeep. catsbackr could tell you more about that department, but currently i am working on the baseball website which will include pictures of improvements and the facilities...

according to ooltewahbaseball.com, ooltewah has done some improvement work in the offseason, and i hear red bank has built a locker room/clubhouse, which will put them in an elite category as hixson is the only other team in chatt. to have that amenity.

825567881[/snapback]

Now dont get me wrong, Hixson does have a good field, but id say the best field has to go to either Central or Lookout Valley. I havent seen any of the private school's fields except CCS but i would say that they probaboly win cause they got plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.