Harriman/ Coalfeid

BballMvP1426

Coalfeid pulled one out of their buts tonight.... I think the refs were horrible, their leading scorer Julian Goins was injured in the 2nd quarter... Will Pelfrey had an off night, i think Dominique played a good game and the freshman Cody McGill played ok.... but like i said the refs killed them.. They gave coalfield the game.

I look forward to seeing the atlethic 10th graders and im gonna look forward in seeing this McGill kid.. he is a Freshman right? DEVILS97 im lookin for your response....

Ok, let me get this straight, Coalfield won? Great, didn't get to be there and those have been few and far between in basketball this year. Now, the ref's gave it to them? "Harriman's leading scorer was hurt in the 2nd, Pelfrey had an off night and a couple of other players for Harriman 'played ok', but the ref's gave Coalfield the game" ? Sounds like Harriman gave Coalfield the game with an injured player, and mediocre play.

Kingb says it best, Harriman had the lead in the third and Coalfield came back with clutch plays.

This game was not a true representation of the winning team being the superior team. We were hurt and did not play really well but we still had a chance to win it. As for the officiating, it was some of the worst that I have ever witnessed. It was painfully obvious that these jokers wanted the punks from Coalfield to win the game. Enjoy it while you can losers, because when you lose next week you are finished. Oakdale had better watch out.

This game was not a true representation of the winning team being the superior team.  We were hurt and did not play really well but we still had a chance to win it.  As for the officiating, it was some of the worst that I have ever witnessed.  It was painfully obvious that these jokers wanted the punks from Coalfield to win the game.  Enjoy it while you can losers, because when you lose next week you are finished.  Oakdale had better watch out.

825568916[/snapback]

First of all the only punks that I am aware of are usually from cities, in this case I would characterize the above as a punk statement. Secondly, the ref's were on the home court of Harriman, if there is any discrepency in officiating it usually goes to the home team. I have never known ref's to want someone to win.

As for enjoying the win, I'm sure the student athletes at Coalfield are enjoying it as much as their big win against Harriman in Football and their trip to the fourth round in that sport. Go Rockwood and Wartburg, cause that will be the finals in the district tourney, unless it is a spoiler like Oakdale or Coalfield. Harriman won't be there, they're hurt.

Edited by CYJacket

Every school has their share of punks. I know that Coach King (Harriman basketball) and Coach Tapp (Harriman football) have suspended players, kicked players off their team's and have worked very hard to give their community teams they can be proud of both on the court and off. I think you can watch them on the hardwood, gridiron or diamond and see a group of hard-working kids that, for the most part, keeps their mouths shut. Most of the people that give Harriman (or any other school) a bad name are not the athletes that represent the school.

I just wanted to say this because in my opinion Harriman's athletes sometimes get labeled as thugs when they're not.

Im tired of hearing people talk bad about Harriman, they have had a good team this year and they have not ran their mouths or played the game disrespectful all season so i think its about time to show some respect for the Blue Devils of Harriman....

Coalfeild did play well the last night, ill give them that, but with goins getting hurt and the refs calling the game that bad it was almost impossible to win for harriman.. what grade is Chatman and McGill in??? was i right 10th and 9th??

Im tired of hearing people talk bad about Harriman, they have had a good team this year and they have not ran their mouths or played the game disrespectful all season so i think its about time to show some respect for the Blue Devils of Harriman....

Coalfeild did play well the last night, ill give them that, but with goins getting hurt and the refs calling the game that bad it was almost impossible to win for harriman.. what grade is Chatman and McGill in??? was i right 10th  and 9th??

825569506[/snapback]

Sorry your tired of people talking bad about Harriman. It is just that most Morgan Co. Teams and Communities are tired of the bad mouthing they get from Harriman fans i.e. country bumpkins, no teeth, ignorant, and such. You're gonna get what you give. I have a great deal of respect for Drak Langley in the little league program and he attempts to run a class act.

To the Harriman folks on here that call Morgan teams various versions of country, and derrogory inuendo, get over it. You can be beat by those kids.