Top Goalies

laxdaddy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of talk about Abernathy; is he better than Carver, Rainer, Taylor, or McCallie's goalie. If he is than y do u think so.

825654226[/snapback]

i also played with abernathy on the u 16 team and im not sure if hes better all around than rainer but hes only a sophmore and will have 2 more years to perfect his skills and i think he will soon become one of the top goalies in the years to come

CODEGK Avg. for Division II Goalies:

Catterton, D Brentwood 31.53 Saves: 152

Walker, W Knoxville Webb 33.33 Saves: 100

Barnes, A Ravenwood 35.25 Saves: 79

Brandt, R West Knoxville 36.08 Saves: 62

Tipton, A West Knoxville 42.86 Saves: 24

Schiffgen, A Franklin 43.75

Garner, B Franklin 45.38

Kerlin, W Knoxville Webb 53.85

Janasek, L Ravenwood

Who Cares?

Who Cares?

825659487[/snapback]

People who play in D2. In case you hadn't noticed, both Cordova and Ravenwood can compete with just about anybody this year, big 3 included. I've been really impressed by some of the results these teams have put up this year. Also, goalie talent is something that is easily transferable. A good goalie from Alaska and a good goalie from Maryland probably both know the same things about the position they play, and how to excel. The same is definitely not true for the field positions. I'm sure some of those keepers are better than some of their D1 counterparts.

I wasn't saying that I didn't care about DII lacrosse cause i play it ....I said that comment cause ur just posting stuff about urself cause you are the brentwood goalie...i mean ur proably good but you dont go around posting stats about urself to try and get ppl to talk about u

Besides goalie stats are always messed up.

The only way you can determine if a goalie is good is to play against him.

825660972[/snapback]

That is very true...goalie stats dont mean anything. You have to factor in how well his defense plays and their affects on the goals scored, and also his ability to clear the ball and work the defense. There is sooooo much more to being a goalie than just save/shot percentages.

By now means did I post that to show my personal stats. I posted that to get DII Goalies some recognition in this thread. IMO, Alex Barnes is the best Goalie in DII. If I wanted to boast about my personal stats I would have put just them and no one elses or I would have posted that and said who I was, but I didn't. And i'm sure would it be different if my name were at the bottom of that list wouldnt it. I posted it to show off how good the Goalies in DII can be.

btw, Jensen I have the up most respect for you and the way you play your game. You are an excellent player and an even more outstanding sportsman.

I appologize if that came off as boastful, those were not my intensions. ;)