District 3AAA Tournament

mocs30

mocs i will have to disagree thow hargis is a good point guard he has struggled this year with our pressure more then anyones. it should be a good game i think the matchups are weird cause the last time we played our guards combined for over 60 points and your post played good as always. i look to see if halls guards can out score your post. another big thing to look for is what team has a role player step up and get in double digits the team with that has a great chance to win. also i would take cam over any point guard around. just as you will defend your guy. that is what i like about you you dont ever bash your own know matter how bad you they play.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mocs,

We had Smith with 18 points, 16 rebounds, and 7 assists.

I don't know that I've seen a better passing big man in this area in my 10+ years here.  He's quite a player.

825582130[/snapback]

Well, if you look at the statistical leaders at Knoxpreps.com you see that lee is in the top ten in points, rebounds, and assists...granted not all teams have reported all the games probably but to play the post and be in the top ten in assists is saying a lot. He's a good player, but still, Go Halls :D

What a night of rivalries! Oak Ridge vs. Clinton is going to be wild and intense considering the game at Oak Ridge. My pick is Clinton by 3. Powell vs. Halls is another nail-bitter. Halls is very gaurd oriented and extremely quick, while Powell is fairly well balanced in the post position but also has great ball handlers. Even though powell has ended up on the short end of the stick both times this year, I predict they bring their "A" game.

Smith/Ward vs. May

Hargis vs. Sharp

Addis vs. Borom

If you bring it........you will win

Powell by 7

Edited by PUCKERUP

Ill start with the the conso. game now I believe the Dragons are the better playing team right now but then you have to consider that they are playing at Oak Ridge and in the District Tournament so everything being said i think this one is won by one team on a last sec. shot or in O.T. cant make a prediction yet. The championship game I am going to predict Halls to win this one, I believe if they can speed the tempo of the game up against Powell and not let the post players (Smith and Ward) get set up and in a position to get the ball to score or create something to happen for the rest of the team. If Halls can hold Ward or Smith one below 20 i believe they've got t his game. But still not by much. Halls by 2.

What a night of rivalries!  Oak Ridge vs. Clinton is going to be wild and intense considering the game at Oak Ridge.  My pick is Clinton by 3.  Powell vs. Halls is another nail-bitter.  Halls is very gaurd oriented and extremely quick, while Powell is fairly well balanced in the post position but also has great ball handlers.  Even though powell has ended up on the short end of the stick both times this year, I predict they bring their "A" game. 

Smith/Ward vs. May

Hargis vs. Sharp

Addis vs. Borom 

If you bring it........you will win

Powell by 7

825583279[/snapback]

That Clinton/Oak Ridge game will be a good one, but I believe that it will be Oak Ridge by 6. I agree with PUCKERUP on that Halls is very good gaurd oriented and that Powell has a good post and great ball handlers. I also think that Powell will come out on top, but only by three. :lol:

Edited by ccwaterboy

I have to go with Halls. Guard oriented or not, Cody May will have something to say when they try to come inside. Smith/Ward may score points, but Powell's guard play let them down too much in the last game(in both games combined, Conner, Hargis, and Addis have combined for 24 points). Senior Willy Buchanan stepped up and found his shot against OR and had like 3 threes or something like that. It's good to see that Willy had some success out there. Hopefully he can continue that good shooting. The question surrounding this game though is who's gonna step up off the bench? Powell's bench play wasn't that good in the last meeting and Halls had Segers come off the bench to score like 20+. Whichever team has that role player step up whoever it is will be in great shape.

What I look for Halls to do is pack it in a zone and make the outside players have to step up and beat them which I don't think they can do. I also look for this game to be very physical and both teams get to the foul line a whole bunch. There were 61 free throws in the last game.

Has Halls gone 28/35 in both games(56/70 total) in the tourney thusfar from the free throw line? I think that's the stats I've heard.

This Halls/Powell game will be a very close game which is what we all love to see. But Hargis was on fire against Central and I believe Hargis has alot to play for in this game. He knows they have lost 2 in a row to Halls and no one on the team likes that. I know the post players have to play good but Hargis and Addis will have to step up and hit the big shots this game. If that happens watch out, and if that doesnt happen look for the free throws to become the pivotal part of the game. No prediction here. Play hard and play to win but most importantly play for the Man who gave you the talent.

Later

Powell wins this one. The halls guards dont out score the powell big men, especially if borum throws up another 0- for god only knows. Hard to out score them when u can't hit a shot.

Hargis will be fine with halls fans, they aren't that bad, and plus Powell knows how they can quiet the crowd.

Smith is probably the best big man passer but he does make some stupid ones as well. He is tough to stop when he plays full speed. that is probably why he missed so many at the first of the CLinton game because he never plays like that lol.

Good luck Panthers and good luck halls after the Powell game thumb

The Halls guards already have before. Sharp with 16, Borum 18(so much for the O for God only knows huh?), Segers 21, Lucas 9 + the 16 that Cody May threw down in that last game.

Smith 21, Ward 25, Roach 10 for Powell

Let's see, that's 63 for the 4 Halls guards(that's excluding Cody) and 56 for the Powell post players. Nearly 5 guys in double figures for Halls, where's the D? Perimeter Play/Bench will decide this game and Halls just has the better perimeter and Bench.

Hargis has scored a total of 7 points against Halls this year.

Nonetheless, it's just going to be a flat out great game. Can't wait till it gets here.

Edited by jamesd

It's time to get crazy. The one that counts. Both teams are going to be pumped. The question is who is going to bring their A game. Hargis choked in the first 2 meetings and I just don't think he is that good under pressure. Even though every one knows how hard it is to beat a good team 3 times, just ask Oak Ridge, I am still going to take Halls. Powell isn't going to forget last year when they beat us both times during the season and then we put them out of district. Halls will be prepared and Sharpe will handle Hargis and I think Cody May will do a great job at the post if he doesnt get into foul trouble. Should be 2 great games tonight with 2 of the biggest rivalries in the state.