11a softball

SoFtBaLLeR10

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornersville has the pitching this year. They are the ones that everybody else is chasing. Community lost about all their infield. Chapel Hill lost a lot of leadership from last year. Richland lost the big guns they had.

This year it should be a great season to watch because anyone can be 2nd.

Community has a new coach that know fastpitch and it is being said that she plays to stay and build the program that in long time ago was the queens of the softball field. thumb

Don't count Forrest out so fast. If our Miss Curtis steps up and gives us some good work on the mound the Lady Rockets will be at the top like they have been for the last few years. The defense is strong and there is more speed in the starting lineup and a lot of depth in the batting order. And everyone knows Forrest has one of the most disiplined teams in the state you will never see a girl walk on or off the field without a broke leg. And good teamwork is hard to beat. I know the girls at Cornersville and they are a great bunch of ladies and they do have good pitching but if they want to win the district they are going to have to play as a team and battle to the last out to do it. I think Richland will be another good team to watch with some young talent coming up. Forrest, Cornersville and Richland are my preseason picks for the top three teams in the district.

Don't count Forrest out so fast. If our Miss Curtis steps up and gives us some good work on the mound the Lady Rockets will be at the top like they have been for the last few years. The defense is strong and there is more speed in the starting lineup and a lot of depth in the batting order. And everyone knows Forrest has one of the most disiplined teams in the state you will never see a girl walk on or off the field without a broke leg. And good teamwork is hard to beat.  I know the girls at Cornersville and they are a great bunch of ladies and they do have good pitching but if they want to win the district they are going to have to play as a team and battle to the last out to do it. I think Richland will be another good team to watch with some young talent coming up.  Forrest, Cornersville and Richland are my preseason picks for the top three teams in the district.

825573696[/snapback]

Isn't this the last year before 11a loses some teams and picks up others. I think Forrest moves to another district. 12a power Columbia Academy and others may be moving to 11a. Anyone know the other changes?

Yes it does all change next year and Forrest will no longer play in the same district as Cornersville, Richland and Culleoka that have been great rivals. The last few years Richland and Forrest played were some of the best games I've ever seen. and this year with Cornersville coming together should be great too. I hate to see us leave the district. Forrest plays over 40 games a season with tourneys and will play as many AA and AAA schools as they do A schools. That really helps them in their district play, I just hope they keep some of our old friends on the schedule.

District 9

Boyd

Cascade

Community

Eagleville

Forrest

Mid. Tenn Christian

Van Buren

District 11

Columbia Academy

Cornersville

Culleoka

Huntland

Moore County

Richland

Santa Fe

Forrest is top dog til someone knocks them off. They have won to many games over the years with a very disciplined approach to count them out. Plus, they are not fooling me, they still have more talent than most. Richland and Cornersville could do it, but will have to prove they can consistently beat Forrest. Cascade is returning the talent to compete. Not sure about Huntland or Culleoka, they have done well in recent years, but I don't know what they have. Community is excited about a new coach. Eagleville will continue to struggle. Moore County could be very dangerous if they develop some pitching. They play great defense and hit the ball as well as anybody.

Forrest should steamroll thru that new district next year. If I'm not mistaken, either F.C. Boyd or VanBuren doesn't even have a softball team. Hopefully they can keep some of the old rivalry games with Culleoka, Richland, and Cornersville. The other new district should be very competitive with CA and all of the teams except Santa Fe having fair to better teams in the recent past.

Cornersville has the pitching this year.  They are the ones that everybody else is chasing.  Community lost about all their infield.  Chapel Hill lost a lot of leadership from last year.  Richland lost the big guns they had.

This year it should be a great season to watch because anyone can be 2nd. 

Community has a new coach that know fastpitch and it is being said that she plays to stay and build the program that in long time ago was the queens of the softball field. thumb

825572536[/snapback]

Yeah Richland lost their big guns,but they have some freshmen that will hopefully come out and step up.They might surprise a few people,but they might not.We'll just have to sit back and watch all of the talented young ladies from all schools.However,I agree Cornersville has the pitching this year,also with some new freshmen coming in.I think Cornersville will be the team to beat.

Edited by ladyvol08

Forrest is top dog til someone knocks them off.  They have won to many games over the years with a very disciplined approach to count them out.  Plus, they are not fooling me, they still have more talent than most.  Richland and Cornersville could do it, but will have to prove they can consistently beat Forrest.  Cascade is returning the talent to compete.  Not sure about Huntland or Culleoka, they have done well in recent years, but I don't know what they have.  Community is excited about a new coach.  Eagleville will continue to struggle.  Moore County could be very dangerous if they develop some pitching.  They play great defense and hit the ball as well as anybody.

Forrest should steamroll thru that new district next year.  If I'm not mistaken, either F.C. Boyd or VanBuren doesn't even have a softball team.  Hopefully they can keep some of the old rivalry games with Culleoka, Richland, and Cornersville.  The other new district should be very competitive with CA and all of the teams except Santa Fe having fair to better teams in the recent past.

825578826[/snapback]

Who is pitching at Forrest this year?